Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I had so many issues with my RTX 2060 proprietary Nvidia drivers on Linux was just a mess. Win some lose some I guess

2. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Problem is 21.9.1 is NOT a recommended driver even by AMD it's optional which is technically the same as Nvidias beta releases, 21.8.2 is the only version right now that is Recommended and WHQL

3. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I haven't read through all of this thread, but on Windows 11 with my Vega and this driver and every other WDDM3-driver before on Windows 11, I get a crash in Battlefield 1 on the map Desert Sinai sooner or later. the game just halts and an error message with an AMD driver related error appears on the screen. There are no issues with the WDDM 2.7 drivers or on Linux with the same undervolt applied.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Full ack, Nvidia is inconvenient, annoying or outright terrible for Linux gaming. On the contrary, I've unfortunately come to the conclusion AMD is not for Windows, be it gaming or whatever. You could argue it's just "papercuts", but I prefer my hands to be unviolated. :D

5. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    AMD once again proofs that as soon as they add something new, they brake something else..
    After installing this driver i can't see any infos of my Ryzen in the Driver anymore.
    Only thing seeing there is Load-Percentage. Temperature, Volt, Wat... all gone (left).Reinstalling 21.8.1 again and it's all back again (right).
    upload_2021-9-19_18-55-53.png upload_2021-9-19_18-46-32.png

**EDIT**
    In the event viewer of windows i would get the message that "AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19" couldn't be found (which is obvious, i don't have it installed).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Found the culprit: I used the newer dxcompiler_47.dll from Windows 11 (tried the two from System32 and SysWOW64 folder seperatly) and had put it into the Origin main folder (to get the benefits of the newer compiler). While that worked fine in the past, there seems to be a problem now with the latest AMD driver. Using an older dll doesn't crash the system.

Sidenote: If I use that newer DLL on Linux (via Proton 6.3) it does also crash the system in the same way.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you need to uninstall the previous one to move to the new version with the new master driver.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    If you use HDR don't even think about 21.9.1. Even no overclock at all, I just ran Ghost Recon breakthrough and it enabled HDR automatically, everything was fine 2-3 times, then after I quit the game it would just lose TV Signal, I could still hear the Discord running but I couldn't get signal, the only way is to bloody reset the computer even if it didn't freeze nor BSOD or driver crash, it just HDR ONLY BUG. THERE WAS NO HDR ISSUE UNTIL 21.9.1, how come there is now???? What are they freaking doing?????? I'm testing 21.8.2 and we'll see.

My freaking system will be corrupted if it keeps going, I think that's why my potplayer had the weird error when closing it suddenly since this freaking driver made me do like 6 resets ffs.

dumbie likes this.
  9. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    WDDM 3.0 vs 2.7 that is why

10. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    ? I uninstalleld the old driver via DDU. I never installed RyzenMaster (only Chipset and Graphics drivers). On my other System with Ryzen 2 it works. Here (Ryzen 3) it doesn't it just refuses to show CPU-Temperature and lots of other monitoring stats for my Ryzen when using 21.9.2. Installing 21.8.2 and it works again.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Try to delete the folder

C:\Users\X7007\AppData\Local\AMD\CN

or just the RGStats.db gmdb.blb

12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    anyone else is experiencing random crashes of the radeon panel in windows desktop? 7.1 were fine regard this aspect
    could be the integrateb browser?

13. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    It's working as It should here, but I leave overlay, browser and upgrade advisor disabled

14. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    how have you disabled browser and upgrade advisor?

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    asdada.png

ninja750 likes this.

16. robnitro

robnitro Member

GPU:
    XFX RS RX 480 8gb
    this driver sucks.... 2 monitors with both set to same res and refresh are running the memory clock at max. previous drivers did not do this
    So its using 36w at idle vs 10w

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If you use multi monitor setup (i have three) memory will always stay at max clock even with previous driver.

18. motoman26

motoman26 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4070 ti
    No not true, only this driver does that. Went back to previous driver and everything works.

19. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Every driver has had that bug for the last 2yrs

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I had the control panel crash a lot, what fixed it is deleting the folder. The driver will recreate it when you open the control panel. didn't have crashes ever since, maybe 1 per week or something.

C:\Users\X7007\AppData\Local\AMD\CN

or just the RGStats.db gmdb.blb