Call of Duty: Vanguard

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Is the „open“ beta already around for preload?

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Yes indeed it is!

I found it very soft and overly fuzzy. Unfortunately the Nvidia filter system does not work on the beta. I got mine reasonable by disabling anything that filters in NVCP, setting sharpening to 100% (film grain 0) and in game setting the render resolution to 110

Looks like this now 3440x1440 I guess it seems sharper

Vanguard-Screenshot-2021.09.18---17.07.26.jpg

3. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    Hard Pass to me i don't like it , the game is chaotic mess .

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    nope

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @big ROBOT bill Did you try to set filmic strength to 100? My picture looked perfectly clear when I tried it a couple of minutes ago.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i have constant freeze, same with warzone last time i tried, no clue where it's coming from

7. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    That what it was set on to start with, I'll try it again though and report back

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Probably not in the MP but both this game and the older COD WW2 have Swastikas in the Campaign.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I can’t remember WaW, but I think it was the same there? Symbols in the campaign and just the knight‘s cross in multiplayer.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Think I'll be giving Spamguard a miss, I like CoD but the way they try and funnel people into Warzone which I have little interest in and the absolutely huge update sizes has put me off. I didn't play during Cold War season 4, season 5 launched and one evening I fancied a bit of MP only to be told I have to d/l 169gb in updates... Anyways I downloaded the update only to be hit with another near 60gb "mid season" update a week later and I've now basically tapped out on updating.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You don't need Warzone, for anything. Unless you want to finish each and every challenge, of course.

I do only play multiplayer and I like the beta so far. Great fun. I'm not yet sure it'll take #1 from MW for me but it's so much better than Cold War so far.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    By far the worst COD game I have played since Infinite Warfare.

This game is basically a remake of World At War. Everything from the gun design/models, to the killstreaks, and the clothes the characters wear and of course the setting.

It seems to lack its own identity, where as COD:WW2 managed to look and feel like its own game.

This game performs very well, maxed out 1440p and Radeon Software tells me 130fps average with an 8ms 95th percentile. I would call that a win, during gameplay it was hovering around 180fps.

However, it doesn't look good. Its incredibly soft looking, the amount of post process effects they have going on is insane. Shoot a gun and you basically can't tell what the hell you are shooting at........ this is why they needed to add in health bars and icons for enemies. Motion Blur, lens flares, film grain, chromatic abreation, smoke, particles, distorition, vignette, explosions, violent camera shake, insane aim punch from bullet hits, crazy unrealistic aiming from even falling from a 2ft drop, couple this with the TTK being INSANELY LOW. I played a lot of Cold War and true its TTK was low too but this game just takes it too a new level, I watched a dude mow down 6 people with a ridiculous full auto pistol as he persisted to jump targets from one persons chest to the next and all this took him about 3-5 seconds. Obviously he was on a controller and obviously the aim assist was in full force.

Oh and sniping is completely useless too with these new PIP scopes taking you around 10 seconds to ADS.

The maps design is just a mess too. Rather than stick to the tried and tested method of a 3-4 or 5 lane system they have instead made it a 10ish lane system. With most doors, entrance ways, or openings being totally off center parraell to each other meaning you can aim down 1 door and basically see through about 4 or 5 other doors. Also rather than having 3-4 different lanes to cover you now have like 5-6 different lanes, you have to watch out for people aiming through openings across the maps, and they decided to include multiple openings in nearly every roof/floor of every building. Oh and some walls are even breakable allowing you to now create even more doors and openings than before making it a 15 lane system. And on top of this because the TTK is so damn low and no one plays objectives they just push forward you have to seriously watch behind you even more so than any other COD game I've ever played. People die so fast in this game that the spawn points become an even bigger issue.

But hey at least they finally fixed the VRAM bug that plagued the last two COD games.

Shataan and ramthegamer like this.
  13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    WaW felt totally different. I'd say I would've preferred it. WW2 felt different. I never got along with that one too well.

Graphics is an interesting point though. I thought the game looked really bad at first, but then I played the same map again before it had been shot to bits. It looked quite nice while it was fresh D
    So far, I still don't see the gritty & serious look MW2019 had. It's great to see the (current) lack of funky costumes & skins though.

ramthegamer likes this.
  14. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The audio is so awful... that alone makes it unplayable for me. It's distracting how bad it is. Literally whole sound effects don't play at all, quite often. And half the sounds are muffled and just weird. Footstep sounds are almost non existent. And that's like one of the most important things to let you know where your enemy is.
    It was like that in playstation Alpha as well. Seems they made zero improvements since then.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yup the amount of distortion and breaks in the audio is insane. It's like they tried to replicate what a human ear would be hearing in a situation where multiple gun fires and explosions were going off but instead they just failed and created an extremely poorly sounding game.

Is it just me, because I do have pretty bad hearing anway, but do the guns for the most part all sound very similar and its just the rate of fire that makes them sound slightly different?

Insurgency SandStorm is a great sounding game, where you can actually hear what is going on and the clarity and weight to those sounds are pretty immense, espeically with the right sound system.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What VRAM bug ?

17. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I'm enjoying it but will be happy to see the improvements from all the feedback by the time it launches

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I didn’t play the alpha but you’re right, the sound is awful in certain areas, certainly not on par with what the game wants to achieve or what others achieved before.
    I heavily rely on pinpoint accuracy too and it greatly adds to the immersion.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Means u should edit the config file and put it at 1.2 for best performance/quality ratio

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Insurgency is a different beast altogether, great simulation

CPC_RedDawn likes this.