Download: AMD Chipset Drivers Download v2.13.27.501

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 5, 2021.

1. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    System Restored to a image at 4:40pm today, so all is working.
    I did just run the updated driver over the top of the old one and it installed fine.
    Did that because nothing happened when I tried to uninstall the driver, it just sat there.

Or should I try uninstalling again to start it fresh?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    because the uninstaller didnt work it does seem like you may have some corrupted files.

did you run sfc and dism?

if the uninstaller doesn't work after this maybe try and uninstall them in safe mode and reinstall the new ones in normal mode.

Or use the official AMD cleanup utility.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

akbaar likes this.
  3. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Yeah ran both but I got it sorted.
    I used IO Uninstaller, removed the AMD drivers, rebooted.
    Reinstalled the latest drivers, did the reboot.
    Tested the uninstall was working again.

So I'll keep that in mind if I ever run into the issue again.

Created a brand new System Restore point..

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    These work great

5. Cybermarc

Cybermarc Member

GPU:
    STRIX ASUS 980ti
    My computer is more stable and a little faster since I have installed this new chipset driver. Do you have the same behavior?

CPU: R7 - 1700x
    MB: X470 Taichi Asrock

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    x570 Aorus Master/3900X--only difference with this set of chipset drivers & the last one in my system is that the PCI system drivers went from version xxxxx81 to version xxxxx82. Not much difference at all. Of course, Zen 3 owners need not worry about a Power Profile because they do not need a special one from AMD. I'm still using 1usmus's Ryzen Universal PPP, version 1.1/2...seems to still be the best one for my system & PBO.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah just the PCI here too but I consider that to be kinda critical what with all the PCI Express compatibility issues and concerns and connected issues so "Bug Fixes" while vague and while it's only a .1 update could still be important. :D
    So far though everything is working somehow, GPU's a 4.0 and the SSD's a Samsung 970 bla bla 3.0 but no issues so far, thankfully.

Not like I'd lose much or anything from going to a 3.0 setting should it ever be a problem though, it's neat to have but it would be more beneficial for getting the optimum non-OS bottlenecks out of a modern SSD rather that the current GPU's I'd imagine.

I don't really use the USB 2's for anything though so the 3.1 Gen "Whatever" USB ports get to be mouse and keyboard input avoiding the 2.0 connectivity problems as such ha ha.
    USB flash related plug could have done to be a 3.0 too but I suppose you only get so many for the chipset takes a while but no bios flashing issues, thankfully even with a backup secondary slot it's still a concern if something does act up.

AM5 and blanket USB4 everything would be nice but I suppose you don't get infinite amount of traces either and these lanes are fairly complicated or costly so ~20x CPU ones and whatever from the chipset has to be divided somehow and into whatever is added.
    Yay motherboards at 800 US Dollar or worse I mean that's a thing too if one was to go with something enthusiast grade like that as if some of the X500's and Intel's upcoming aren't already there or close enough if not worse.

(DDR5, USB4, PCI-Express5 it's going to be a bit of a cost here if that all gets rolled out at once.)

Anyways AMD hardware or software problems and upcoming feature concerns put aside it wasn't much but something was given a "bug fix" for the PCI Express driver here and eh good enough reason to upgrade plus it was smooth too just remove the older driver via PnPUtil afterwards for some cleanup but no need to uninstall the entire prior version of this software pack or poke into devices or paths for their drivers it worked just fine running it over the older version again. (Nothing wrong with a clean install though.)

8. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm not a fan of the UI of this installer... it should tell me what version of each one I currently have right now and then what version it plans to update it to as it is now.
    Right now it just shows five boxes with versions I presume it is going to install so I have no way to know how much of a change I am going to make.
    Not sure if it is hiding components I already have latest version of or not.

HonoredShadow likes this.
  9. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Okay, a lot of headbanging went into finding a solution for me, because sfc + dism + temp file clean + amd folder deletion + using amd removal tool didn't work. Found this in AMD's forums and I post it here in case someone else has this problem:

Enable the built-in administrator account with the following cmd command (elevated/admin mode - your user account needs to have administrator right)

net user administrator /active:yes

In order to set a password for this account type this command next:

net user administrator <Password>

where <Password> is the actual password you want to use for this account.
    Log into your admin account (switch user/log out of your present account and log into the admin account).

Download the latest amd chipset driver for your board and install it.

If you want to disable the admin account:

1. Log out of the admin account

2. Log into your normal user account

3. Enter cmd (elevated mode)

4. Type the following command: net user administrator /active:no

5. Exit cmd.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    In Control Panel/Programs & Features i'm sure i used to have an AMD chipset driver sitting at the top but there's nothing there now to uninstall.

I don't feel like just forcing this over the top of the last one i did but that might be my only option. Strange that i no longer see that AMD chipset driver in my system drivers page.

11. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    Haven't ran CB R20 ST in a while but I did after installing the new Chipset drivers and ST scored a 593.. re-running with High Performance power plan to see what's what

5800X

EDIT: last I remember I was scoring around 620

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I see the ones just released are having install problems too :p

13. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Problems with clean chipset install or problems with install over the top of existing AMD chipset drivers?

Atm building a cheap home server based on A320 board, Ryzen 5 PRO 1600... Probably in saturday I'll try these 3.08.17.735, clean install on fresh Win10.

14. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Hover over the boxes with your mouse.

[​IMG]

Yes this could be done better.

geogan likes this.
  15. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    They should have just displayed the current versions in the boxes instead of in invisible tooltips FFS

16. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Nothings changed since last february.

17. SmokusPokus

SmokusPokus Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6800 XT
    Oh well, they aren't working properly for me, and now I'm kind of ******.

I uninstalled previous Chipset drivers (via "Add or remove Programs" in Windows), and then restarted PC.
    Downloaded new ones, tried to install, and all components installed succesfully except for AM PSP Driver component. It failed.

Now I can't uninstall them via "Add or remove Programs" Section in control panel because chipset drivers aren't listed there anymore, and I can't succesfully install fully the latest ones.

Any tips? It's always the PSP Driver component that fails. All previous Chipset installations were always successful fully.

My specs:
    RX 6800 XT
    Ryzen 9 5900x
    32GB RAM
    MSI B550 Tomahawk (BIOS: 7C91vA7)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I didn't even know you could uninstall them.

19. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    Worked fine installing them here, Gigabyte B550M DS3H and Ryzen 3700x, havent rebooted yet though :p

20. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Use whatever uninstaller software you want. They should all show hidden entries. This is what I use: https://www.bcuninstaller.com/ Each component of the chipset driver should be listed as it's own entry.

JAMVA likes this.