Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 13, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried using a different codec pack? something like Sharks codec pack?

https://shark007.net/advanced.html

2. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Yes on this driver version. I used AMDs cleaner tool to wipe the previous driver though before hand instead of DDU

motoman26 likes this.
  3. I was able to add a game profile manually no problem (W10, RX 580)

motoman26 likes this.
  4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    same

They are all the same, I like to install them manually. Also, the problem started only with drivers above 21.5.2. I don't know what did they do. If I revert to 21.5.2 all the trouble movies work fine.

What is that?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    A Weird thing I'd noted between VLC playback of high res MKV movies (1080P) is that there's a weird green checkered flashing whenever I forward or rewind a scene. The scene would stutter back and forth with the afore-mentioned artifacts, this happens with my RX 6900 XT.

Meanwhile, with the same ripped movies, I've had no such issue with my Vega64 rig, neither do I see this on my GTX 1080 HTPC. This has been happening on my RX 6900 XT main rig for a while now....

6. STEvil

STEvil Guest

GPU:
    VegaFE
    Is there a way to install gaming drivers onto VegaFE? Sick of the garbage Pro drivers and that upgrading to gaming drivers has been disabled in them.

Use to be able to use a regedit but it no longer works.

7. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    Has anybody noticed high power consumption spikes with these drivers? I'm sitting at 1.050V @ 2440MHz on my 6800XT and maximum reported power spikes with any other drivers were somewhere between 240 - 255W, but now my card is spiking at 305W, although is undervolted.

Is this a real thing or a bug? Can you guys with 6000 series check this on your end? Thanks!

8. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    It's a 300w card and you have it overclocked passed stock clocks, undervolting won't cause the power draw to be reduced in a significant way and on the 6000 series cards actually causes them to run higher overall clocks with less fluctuations in average clocks so your power draw high load Being 240-300 is normal

You can see in MPT that the power soft limit is 255w on the SPT tables, I think the previous fluctuating never going above 255w and reaching its actual upper usage TDP was the real bug and it's now fixed. I have a 6800XT as well and I see higher power usage now but my clocks are averaging higher sustained

D1stRU3T0R and fullrespect like this.
  9. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    Thanks for your articulate input :)

At stock settings (voltage and clocks), the card goes up to 298W, which is expected. Running an undervolt I was able to cut it down to 255W with no performance loss. However, let's say it was a bug that's fixed and the card is boosting better now, but the performance is the same as 21.7.2, at best. I saw no gains with these drivers; actually, I might see a performance dip in Warzone and Unigine Superposition, while power consumption being higher. That being the case, there's no point in running 21.9.1 atm, I'm better off just using 21.7.2.

Also, I've read somewhere on YT that 6900XT has reported power spikes up to 540W with 21.9.1. That's utterly massive and not normal imo, overclocked or not.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That looks like decoder uses wrong color space, like RGB instead of BT.709.

Verify from media information what color space is used and set it to match or to automatic if available.
    Especially if HDR content plays fine.

11. geko95gek

geko95gek Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX MBA
    Works fine for me here. :)

Actually really like these drivers.

My 6600XT idle temps don't move from 39-40C.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I've seen my 6800XT spike to like 420W and this was on older drivers too not just 21.9.1 it is by design. Both Nvidia and AMD went all out in terms of power draw with the 3000 and 6000 series. Another reason why Nvidia created their new connector isn't just because the cards PCB is half the size its because those connectors are rated for upto something crazy like 900W (correct me if I am wrong here I am sure I read this somewhere) its basically preperation for future more power hungry cards.

This is also why they both recommend 750-850W PSU's for their top end cards because the power targets from low to high are so large there can be huge spikes in power draw leading to these cards tripping some weaker PSU's OCP. I am sure Linus did a test on this and showed a 3090 tripping the OCP on something crazy like an 850W PSU and when they switched to another PSU the problem went away.

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    so you have the same issue, finally. please report to AMD, they must fix this issue.

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    While mine isn't quite as bad as yours, I've already reported the bug....let's hope the good people at AMD resolve this.

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I think this driver must have the GPU PWR readout in the OSD broken because I know my card has a 289w limit without using MPT, and I am not using MPT, while has never gone over it. Running Unigine Superposition just now the GPU PWR readout was bouncing around from the low 100s all the way up to the 340s while maintaining stable frame rates and temperatures. If it truly was bouncing around from extremely low to extremely high power the FPS and temps should have at least been fluctuating in turn. I highly doubt it was constantly going so low and then above the TDP limit of the card without it being reflected in the FPS and temps; really it must be broken.

@CPC_RedDawn If you were actually hitting 420w on your 6800 XT the system would have hard locked because the card is unable to pull more than 375w of power total. 2 x PCI-E 8 pin power gives 300W (each 8 pin connector can supply max 150w) and the motherboard PCI-E slot can supply 75w which makes 375w total. If the card tried to pull more than that it would trip the system into a hard lock. When I first got this MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio it had a faulty VBIOS which would make it spike power draw over 375w and it locked up everyone's systems who had the card when it did that. They came out a few months later with an updated VBIOS that actually kept the power usage in line and all the black screen lockups went away for all of us with this card. These cards just can't draw more than 375w as a physical limitation and I know my card has a software limit of 289w without using MPT so I have to come to the conclusion that it is simply the GPU PWR readout being bugged in these drivers.

EDIT: I encourage everyone with high GPU PWR readouts to submit a bug report through the Radeon Control Panel so that AMD fixes this. I just sent in a bug report myself so hopefully we see a fix in the next release.

P.O.N. and fullrespect like this.

16. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    I'm constantly reading the highs and lows of the card, and I have never seen it go past 298W @ 1.150V. Something must be wrong.

@Mott I came to the same conclusion as I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Dancing around from 40W to 295W at constant core voltage, load and fps output, the readout must be broken.

17. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Do you have your power limit in the software set to 15%+

18. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    At first I thought the video was just bad, but it works fine with hardware acceleration turned off. With it turned on, the video has all sorts of artifacts, stuttering and green flickers. Using the latest MPC-HC, LAVfilters and Madvr. I guess this is a bug.

19. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Yes, even GCN3 GPU-s like R9 390X supports it so logically R VII should have them too

Polaris does support it, so even vega. And even GCN3

20. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    That's not a colour space issue, that's not decoding correctly - we had this before when I was an MPC-HC dev.

@X7007 if I get time over the weekend I'll take a look at the MPC-HC source and see if I can reproduce - I assume you're on clsid2's latest?

Quick edit: it's been like 10 years since I looked at the source, so don't get too hopeful lol

GSDragoon likes this.