SUPER series GeForce RTX 30 likely arrive in January 2022, GeForce RTX 40 in October 2022

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah. Preorder as soon as they come up, regardless of price, cause the price will only go up after launch.

2. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Thankfully I got my RTX 3090 FOR £1475.00 in January that will last me for years and will not be upgrading anymore I will get the next console, for me PC building , upgrading and gaming will die if pricing continues as is.

The Goose likes this.
  3. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    You probably said that with 20xx and 30xx coming out. :D

Just buy the GPU you want, mine the difference by night and youre golden, thats what i did.

[​IMG]

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Let's solve a problem caused by mining by mining some more. It's like saying that if somebody steals the catalytic converter from your car, you should just steal one yourself from any compatible car you spot out there, and then pay some random dude, who doesn't ask too many questions, to weld it in place. Of course your victim will then do the same, and so forth. A modern problem solved.

Keitosha, carnivore, Undying and 4 others like this.

5. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Only thing is that i didnt steal anything from anyone. If you wanna play self righteous then go see where the minerals for production of most of your high tech electronics come from.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-congo-mining-idUSKBN25I0LR

You think your 2015. GPU that you got for a low low price is more ethical to these guys in the article? I'd think twice...

The world needs way more fixing than stopping mining so you could game at 4k. Just get in with the program, we destroying this world, might as well enjoy it. :D

Venix and insp1re2600 like this.
  6. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I believe the crash of some crypto currencies is nearing. Oh, how some people will be shocked who have hoarded many GPUs for mining. A very positive outcome would be that we can buy rather cheap used GPUs early next year.

I guess this new Super series will have it's period when it's actually sold for gamers. Not a bad move by Nvidia by any means, since the current models are likely to be replaced and eventually the Super products priced the same.

7. codyrocco

codyrocco Member

GPU:
    Mali T720
    The 4xxx series... is named after Linda Lovelace? Because the price could suggest this.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well the 20xx super cards slotted right between the non ti an ti versions ..... So more refined binning i guess ? I do not think they want to break the mind share that the ti ones are the top dogs on their category.

Undying likes this.
  9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    These GPU prices are going to kill PC gaming for years to come.

Keitosha likes this.
  10. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    How about Santa Claus, you believe in him too? :D Wishing and believing dont make anything true im afraid. Theres way too much capital invested into crypto to just disappear over night. I actually hope it will transition to POS protocols because the energy needed to sustain this POW network is rather silly and largely unnecessary.

No, they will just stagnate the graphic improvements a bit.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It does not stagnate graphics at all only our ability to buy them.

Noisiv, cucaulay malkin and tunejunky like this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    higher margins => higher profit => record income => higher r&d budget

on the contrary,we're seeing the highest performance increase in the recent years with rx6000/ampere,and it's only gonna pick up more pace when they start using multiple dies.
    when was the last time a new xx80 card just massacred the prev gen xx80Ti like 3080 did and amd had an even faster one (1440p rasterized at least) at 50 dollars less (theoretically).

Noisiv and Undying like this.
  13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Long tern it might though, If only miners can buy GPU then what's the point of doing R&D for gaming? How do you sell to the investor you'll invest money to improve gaming performance when pretty much only miners buy the higher end models directly from manufacturers?

15. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    People who fail to see the problem with not being able to buy a computer puzzle me. The fact some people think computers are just for gaming is crazy. Computers as well as GPU are used for a lot more things than just gaming. They are vital to our society. I have no problem with small miners. But i have a big problem with manufactures selling their cards directly to mining farms in bulk preventing other people the opportunity to buy them.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Mining is too volatile for GPU manufacturers to base long term planning for. They have to continue R&D for gaming as the only stable way to ensure a smooth continuity for their business, as its still the mainstay of their business. What if the mining market crashes or is no longer profitable enough for GPUs to be used in mining? With no R&D for gaming, it would leave GPU makers in the lurch.

Maddness and Noisiv like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does Nvidia have any kind of time frame as to when they will be releasing affordable video cards?

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    They said that they don't expect decent supply in 2022.
    So maybe 2023...

KissSh0t likes this.
  19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Good luck Nvidia

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    6600xt is you're best option if on a budget, and yes it's expensive but if you don't want to do what the rest of us have had to you ain't gonna see a card till sep 2022.
    so get used to it.