SUPER series GeForce RTX 30 likely arrive in January 2022, GeForce RTX 40 in October 2022

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Ub3rslay3r

Ub3rslay3r Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    With Ethereum aiming to fully transition to proof of stake within the next several months we may very well get a reprieve from mining. That takes both Bitcoin and Ethereum out of play and the market cap for other GPU mine-able coins is far lower. If much of the Ethereum hash rate moves to any of the other alt coins, then the value of the alt coin will almost certainly tank making it unprofitable to mine. I would not be surprised if GPU mining is no longer much of a factor by this time next year.

Kaarme and GamerNerves like this.
  2. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    From a business standpoint what's the point of spending some of your precious capacity on lower end, lower margin chips when you can't even come close to making enough higher end higher margin chips, and those lower end customers can still be served by last gen products.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    should've offered you a 6800XT instead,those are not sold to miners specifically.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Yeah, but the price would be also very high.

5. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    I think the "day" is coming :

spend same amount of MONEY on CAR or GPU?

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Doubt anyone excited about vaporware. Pre-2020 days will not be back in Jan 2022.

tunejunky likes this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    gpu
    a 1500eur car is gonna be nothing but trouble,a bottomless pit of repairs.

8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    potentially always has been, can get a cheap car for 300, or a cheap GPU for years till now

9. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    If ''Super'' variants will have the same TGP as normal RTX 30 cards I might consider it, but I doubt this will be the case..

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    Kaarme you are (of course) correct. but my premise is that AMD should try to flood the market. more = more for everyone.

i suspect (looking at MI 200 and the four chip MI 300) that these will indeed be mining monsters of unprecedented hash even for the consumer market.

but by now both Nvidia and AMD have a very good idea of next gen demand for crypto and AMD can address this directly by making mining cards (like Nvidia) out of the less than bin-able chiplets. they both know the yield and the reject rate before they ship out gpus to AIB. also they can make them cheaper with none of the flash associated with gaming cards. if the mining cards come in cheaper than the gaming cards as they should then thats where the demand will go. at least at first and not counting gamers who mine.

11. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    You could get something decent for that amount of money here in bulgaria actually.
    And if you decide not to pay 3000 euro for a 3090, you're getting a pretty premium car here, at least for our stoneage standards.

Caesar and cucaulay malkin like this.
  12. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I certainly hope so, even though Ethereum has been moving to the proof of stake for a while now, with no results. But doens't a coin's value depend on speculation? If people start to speculate Coin X is the next giant proof of work coin with Ethereum switching to proof of stake, it might jump both in number of miners and value.

I feel like there's a certain kind of fallacy in that line of thinking. That if more cards can be manufactured, then there's enough for both miners and gamers. After all, nothing is enough for the miners, as long as the crypto's value is high enough to make mining profitable. You can have 10 or 100 or 1000 cards mining, and the profit will grow linearly. Nothing is enough under such circumtances because every new card means more profit.

schmidtbag likes this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    With a new series it always helps availability on the previous series, the ETH change in January will be a rough time for miners there are a lot of high performing ALT-coins out there tho.

14. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    The 3XXX series is a little better then a paper launch and we now have a new model for the 3XXX series and we talking about the 4XXX two weeks ago I remember reading NVidia supplies wouldn't be normal till 22 second half and now the price what is this going to cost ? We already have Guru3D review of a $5000 RTX 3090 so what price will the super bring and the 4XXX series. At this point between the price of NVidia, AMD cards and PC components in general is just a hassle and to costly I have throw in the towel and I been purchasing pc hardware for close to 40 years now.

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm hoping to use EVGA's step-up for a 3080.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    To put this in another perspective:
    The current prices are so high because demand is so heavily outweighing supply. Miners are buying these hyper-inflated prices because it still manages to be profitable. So, if anything is to increase supply to the point of lowering prices, that will just encourage miners to buy more.

This will not end until GPUs are no longer profitable to mine with. That could be a long time.

Maddness, Kaarme and DannyD like this.

17. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    EVGA step up program is only 90 days from date of purchase and the card must be registered on EVGA site and you must be the original owner.

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    just bought a new evga off amazon.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    frack Nvidia.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, i pretty much gave up getting a 3060 Ti.

I will stick to my 1070 until the 4000 series, perhaps get a 4060 Non-Ti then, which will most likely be 3070 performance.

21. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

aagh! that point scores & sores;)