AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter and PCI Bus Driver requires manually updating.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Watcher, Jan 13, 2013.

1. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    upload_2021-8-22_14-3-37.png

Never used this, idk what is it but same for me too. :D (with the new driver, didn't tested the old one)

2. I don't regularly check latency, but I don't recall much difference between this run with the newest PCI Bus driver vs when I ran it a few weeks ago:

[​IMG]

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

the amd pci bus driver is not needed on systems it is not automatically installed on, this driver only exists to patch issues with the CPU itself when certain applications are run.

More info: https://twitter.com/aionescu/status/1393728057005920263?lang=en

Pictus and THEBOSS619 like this.
  4. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    A Romanian IT-st with alcoholism? Oh, the most trustable source /s

*coming form a half Romanian...*

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lol, Alex Ionescu isn't exactly an unheard of security insider.

6. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    amazing source also I have a reddit thread who talks about those PCI Bus drivers...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/ndmxk5/turns_out_the_amd_pci_driver_isnt_actually_a_pci/

Although I completely believe them and yet AMD still providing updates from time to time... to me... this driver does alot of effects... since I use a laptop with a CPU AMD 4800H which comes with iGPU/APU ... this AMD PCI Bus driver allows my APU to go into lower power states mode while still the display active when doing nothing intensive.

An example on how my APU gets into lower power states when doesn't need to be fully active all the time + I don't know about SoC power why it gets negative zero value but I am pretty sure it is on lower power states too since with MS ones it never gets negative or even zero values and also Core voltage never gets turned off during non intensive operation.
    upload_2021-8-22_22-59-1.jpeg

Also it does gets smoother transition or without any kind of choppiness or stutters when my laptop wakes up from sleep mode compared to MS generic driver which gets some choppiness or stutters when waking my laptop from sleep mode on the first few seconds.

I might add also I don't find any latency variation compared to MS ones so... for me it doesn't make a difference on latencymon when using either one of the drivers. so... here's that :)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the pci driver has nothing to do with that.

THEBOSS619 likes this.
  8. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    I wish I can believe you and I don't invalidate your point at all but that's how I experience with it when comparing between MS ones and AMD ones... I simply switch the driver between MS ones and AMD ones and I see those effects after reboot. I know it doesn't make any damn sense since there might be alot of factors involved with APU power states other than PCI Bus driver but I hope someone else can confirm what I am experiencing with.

But I believe that transition between sleeping and waking up the laptop is absolutely makes sense to me when comparing between MS ones and AMD ones. Big difference I assure you that... with MS ones it takes a hell of time to wake up + stuttering and choppiness after few seconds of waking up while AMD ones it gets to wake rather more quickly than MS ones + no stuttering and choppiness at all.

9. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Thank you!
    Not needed and makes latency worst here, I am not going to use.

GSDragoon likes this.
  10. martinn

martinn Member

GPU:
    /
    who can help me to get
    v21.40.0.0
    thanks

11. martinn

martinn Member

GPU:
    /
    Please, who can help to get the latest pci-bus driver version

Thanks, it advanced, gr

Martin

12. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Here you are: 21.40.0.0 (temp link) :)

Extracted from my Windows 11 (7zip archive)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    martinn likes this.
  13. martinn

martinn Member

GPU:
    /
    thank you very much

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

15. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    Now this driver comes as pci bus and being system driver deleting amdkmpfd just kill your system with no chances to reanimate it.So no game with for me. As minimum on 21H1 winver.
    p.s And keep in mind that on latest versions of DDU deleting amdkmpfd is not active.

16. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    What is your error with it, what do you mean "kills the system"? I have been having kinda weird blue BSOD with no way of repair exept Reset, Reinstall or System Recovery.

17. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    the same

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can you show a picture of what happened?? you say installing this driver device causing unbootable and not be able to repair?

19. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    not installing. Deleting. Before when i re-installed AMD Software i used DDU and then i noticed that amdkmpfd.sys changed location to PCI BUS device and try to deleted it manually....that was my error..Next boot crashed before entering to Windows with "unexpected error" and of course it had to be happen because PCI bus the crucial device.There were no choice for recovery or safe mode?nothing/ Maybe with certain software like ERD it would possible to recover Registry but i just installed new copy of Windows. No picture, Guru)) Just too sadly to keep it on my phone}}