Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Paris dlc is really a disappointment it lacks allot of good gameplay wich england had and even the druid dlc. Its also very small aswell in size. Also ubisoft ruined the new short sword type, in animation its actually just a dagger one and it looks really off. I prefer the swords in odessey.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Level 330 and 2 more regions left on map. As of lvl 200 have gotten too powerful and the game seems to have become too easy. The last region I dealt with, Snotinghamshire, was tedious and not as enjoyable as earlier parts. I see what the developers are doing, they are trying to present this as a grand epic game with a deep majestic storyline, but oftentimes at the expense of gameplay. Didnt care for the parts where have to speak with many ppl and climb mountains or look in hidden caves to find them. Felt like I was some errand boy plodding along to fulfill some devs grand vision of the game.

Aside from that and other annoyances (dont get near flames), this may be my favorite AC title so far. Great voice acting by Eivarr and intelligent dialogue throughout the game. Loved the assassination and stealth parts. And the weapons. The Lagertha Dane Axe maxed out is formidable. No shield can withstand its blows. I feel almost like in god mode with it. But it may be improperly balanced. Bows are fun too.

The weapons systems in the game are imo an improvement over past AC games. Fewer weapons to deal with but more focus on upgrading them. Other AC titles seemed to overwhelm you with tons of different weapons that you spend a good part of the time comparing the stats and testing them in battle. Aside from managing them in your inventory.

When I'm done with the game, I may change my opinion of it. Hope the last 2 regions are not padded with unnecessary story filler or hearing out many NPCs just to extend the game.

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Just a heads up. Since the 1.3.1 patch the game keeps trying to download itself again and keeps corrupting the saves. Well done UBI. It's been a known issue but never affected me until now.

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I spoke to support to get it escalated yesterday and it is not just valhalla as it is doing it on WD legion also

It only started affecting me after the recent free weekend of WD Legion

5. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Holy crap!

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Try to reinstall just ubisoft connect making sure to delete hidden files in local and roaming folders

I have noticed after doing so the design has changed slightly and now friends and downloads are on the left

previously on the right next to gamertag

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the placement of these icons shifts depending on windowed size

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Hmm yeah you would think that but no it didn't change

I resize all windows that can be resized

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing then, they are still aligned right next to the tag for me.

10. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Seems at the moment starting in offline mode after you have it all installed seems to work.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^ So you can get to the main menu of the game in offline mode? Never bothered to try that but I will this morning. Also going to unlink from Steam and uncheck auto update of recently played games to see if it stops the redownload of the update. So far it's been only 2 DLs of it so far as of yesterday.

12. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yes you can. Worth doing that till they sort this out.

Passus likes this.
  13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^ It worked. When it said Update for my third patch download I went in offline mode and then the Play button replaced the Update button. And the game's running ok so far.

Passus likes this.
  14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    This is what im getting now

Screenshot (121).png

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Haven't played in a while. Still at 96% progress, 167hrs gameplay (really bang for your buck) and 356 power level. The Hitman series has really got me distracted

16. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Had that too. Opened a Ticket with their Support and they found an error in my System. Worked after that.

17. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I couldn't get into the game first try after buying it, but have since come back to it - and it's a brilliant game.

Massive scope, much better dialogue than previous games - really love the broad overarching storyline which creates so many thngs to do. Also like that the pacing of the game takes some time (both player abilities/strengths and for the storyline to flesh out.)

A GoT type rulers/monarchy/espionage theme, Inquisition type strategy map, all blended into a assassins, Zelda type game play.
    Got to give a shout out to the composer of the music, it is great stuff - the best since Jesper Kyds in assassins creed 2, really sets the mood.

Still think the overall feel is a little unrefined ie, a bit clunky, and can be a bit 'cartoony' at times (wish it was a bit darker/more mature), but is more than made up for with just how ambitious this game is, and the production values.
    I really think, with the addittion of more RPG elements, slightly more mature storyline and leaning towards adventuring style (as opposed to a Michael Bay action fest) - UBI are on the right track with this latest entry, and I think it is their best game to date.

18. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    For me it's Ghost Recon Break point.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    As good as or you'd rather play?

20. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion redownloading 29GB and 25GB- Fix for me was to relocated the games folder where those two games are installed.

Games with problems from UBISOFT Connect list,also there is no offline play in the games either through owned games or ubisoft+ in Canada not sure about other places.
    Degradation - Multiple Games - Platform(s) - September 8 | Ubisoft Help

Two more games not on the UBI list not working
    Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
    Far Cry Primal- Managed to get this game working 4 times but max gameplay was 13 mintues before disconnection

1 Game so far without any problems
    Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

EDIT: Tried Crack version of a couple games I own,amazing no problems at all.Shame ubisoft been messed up for awhile,like to see them get it fixed soon.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021