Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    It just seems my score does not go higher with custom bits for 3DMark, I verified inspector was working correctly this time. It may really come down to the quadro driver.

No I haven't given either of those benchmarks a try on this system.

Also as expected of Larian studios their engine in Baldur's Gate 3 it has always worked flawlessly in SLI. Really enjoyed Divinity 2.

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Please Change your drivers to 392.6x or anything under 44x.xx series.

Most preferably, try using the Quadro 392.6x Drivers, report back after you tested them.

Can you please try other benchmarks? Such as Unigine Heaven 4.0/SuperPosition, Catzilla? Let me know if you do, thanks.

EDIT:

Per Request from Kozary(Through Email), here is a link to the modified .ini file.

Please use "ONLY" the Quadro Drivers Version: 392.67.

Within the drivers, look into the folder called: Display_Driver, and replace the .ini file called: nv_dispwi.

Link:

https://www.filemail.com/d/kskifbrnnjdcove

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k: INQUISITOR/MARTYR - UPDATE - MAP/HUD FLASHING ANOMALY FIXED + INCREASED OVERALL GAME STABILITY & MISC. - 9/5/21:

So I am working extremely hard on the overall game stability under Sli Mode in general as while playing the game, no matter if its under 2-Way or Quad Sli, all settings set to min, does not matter, one way or another, depending on location and situation, it will hang during gameplay, and sign off will be needed.

Before going into this, lets go over how to fix the Flashing Map Hud while playing...

You can simply fix this by doing my RE2/Bright Memory resume technique or you can do it slightly after the game starts, but you have to do this method before any of the hud shows up, here's how:

The way I normally do it, when the game is loading, right before it gets into the game, do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then keep tapping your windows icon key on your keyboard until you come up with the selections such as Sign off, Log out, Task Manager, etc., Click on Task Manager, then click on the Games(Warhammer 40k) icon to get back into the game, the game will not be in Exclusive Full-screen mode, so right when you get back on the game, do ALT+ENTER to get back into full-screen mode.

As per remainder about the resolution settings within the game settings, it only changes the internal resolution, nothing more.

Also, in order to play in Exclusive Full-screen mode, this is what I have one(Mentioned this in the past):

Go under your actual games root folder, there should be a folder named: Cfg, Create a folder called: Resolutions, next, open up Wordpad and type in the following:

CustomResolution00=2560x1440
    CustomResolution01=3840x2160

Finally, save the file as .cfg and name the file: CustomFullscreen, you are all set to go, just make sure when launching the game, do: ALT+ENTER to get into Exclusive full-screen mode, and also, please make sure your windows screen resolution is at its desired resolution before going into the game, thank you.

And lastly, the overall games stability, it seems I have drastically increased the overall game stability and extremely hard at work, keeping the game from hanging while playing.

Yes, the hang pertains to Reshade or without Reshade, 2-way to quad sli, regardless of in-game settings, some of it depends on the location and the situation of the game.

Lets make some changes to my custom made bits, Please open up: Nvidia's "Best" friend: Nvidia Inspector and make the following changes below:

Current working bits(Please use this for both Reshade & Without Reshade until further notice, thanks):

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000031 (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2)

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0A

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x800893F5

Sli Copy engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000007A

6 - SLI:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: ENABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR_of_SFR

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR_of_SFR

8 - Extra:

Keep the same Parameters as I mentioned before on earlier post, but there is an addition to the list, please make the change:

MCSFRLOADBALANCE: 0x60606064 Dynamic - moves the split line dynamically to accomodate the load.

Other then that, there is no change added within 8 - Extra.

Far as the unknown ID settings, there has not been any changes so leave it be.

Also, if you do experience a hang(In which you might), please turn off high shaders, seems to help in specific areas.

So, as of now, please use the above mentioned, custom made bits for both: Reshade & Without Reshade.

Now for the Misc. Part...

For Extremely Serious Tuners out there for those who are tuning this game:

Just a Quick Re-Cap:

If your tuning:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down

&

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down,

If you are tuning in conjuction with these two, depending on how you tune tune them, you will experience massive texture flashing anomaly, the one in particular is causing it:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~8th hex down, Letter: A for example...

You can still get away with it, by using: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits 0x00<<~ 2nd hex down/Not used.

To completely neutralize the the problem, you have to go under game settings and have to set your desired FPS limit cap.

Also, for those who are tuning with reshade and tuning with the above specific bit parameters, it seems MXAO and RTGI helps keeps the background textures from flashing, it seems it basically completely neutralizes the problem.

Also, for those who have Frame Pacing problems while playing the game, try restarting the level, if that does not help, there is something that will: Under game settings, please set your desired FPS limit cap, close to what you are playing, so for instance, if your running 56 fps, please use 60 fps limit cap, and for some reason, 60 fps limit cap in this game, hits only 54 fps peak. 40 fps is really 38 fps for some odd reason.

Game overall is looking extremely good, was just trying working absolutely hard to fix the hanging issue as it could literally be everything, took lots of time and work around, no doubt, bits was playing lots of it.

More updates to come.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Is 100tW on desktop normal? I can't do enything to lower this to normal 20tW HELP
    471.68 drv.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    100tW? I see you own a 3080ti, is this on a wrong thread?

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    sry, it's fine now -> Power mamagment to Normal and it's fixed now.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - NEW UPDATES ON OVERALL STABILITY(WITHOUT RESHADE) - 9/8/21:

So I been extremely hard at work, trying to tame the infamous hangs that this game has(Without Reshade), and it appears that I finally tamed it, at least for now that is.

Please Disregard the previous mentioned bits if your "Not" using reshade.

I have made new custom made bits, specifically: "Without" Reshade.

Before moving on to my new, custom made bits, here are somethings you all must be aware about:

I tried to control the flashing anomaly problem(Success) while keeping the frame limit on to: No Limit and I was not successful, it would always result in a hang during gameplay.

You see, if you put the max fps limit within the in-game settings, which is 60 fps, during gameplay, its actually 54 fps.

I tried doing other methods, such as going inside nvidia inspector and try to limit the fps to 60 or slightly under to see if I can control the flashing/hanging problem, it seems to work fine but it also introduces more frame-pacing issues, even with vsync turned on, nope, the fps limit within the game settings works the best.

The solution to all of this, as I had no choice as doing 2160p under Quad Sli with "No" reshade = Not enough stress, this is what I have done:

I literally had to beef up the resolution to 5k(5120x3200) through Nvidia Dsr(Custom Dsr hack), then within the in-game settings, switch the fps limit to 60, then along with my new updated, custom made bits, it seems to be 100% more stable then before, frame pacing seems fine, if its an issue, try uncheck the settings called: TAA, if you want to use TAA, please use the one within reshade, as the TAA within the game settings, leaves dancing like anomaly, lower the resolution, it becomes more apparent, only use it for scaling/testing purposes.

Despite very high resolution for the GTX 970's it works rather well...

For users that has similar setup, please have your system ram to at least 32GB as you will be totally out of frame buffer, as the system ram will make up for it.

The only issue with this that I came across is, at times, it may take a bit to settle down as 5k is very high for these cards to begin with, you will experiences, chaotic scaling across all 4 Gpu's, in order to get past this more quickly and more smoothly, within the game itself, in the game settings, check the box where it says: Sync cpu to gpu, next, select a extremely low resolution, like 640x480, wait until all 4 gpu usages settle down and behaves the same(Usage wise), then beef up the resolution within the game settings, up a notch, like 1920x1200, then to 3840p, then finally to 5k(3200p), please try to have the in-game TAA off while you do this, thanks.

Also, please have the settings called: High Shaders, turned completely off before you play, thanks.

I have put massive amount of effort/time into this game and its really showing now.

Now for my, new custom made bits, specifically "WITHOUT" Reshade...

Once again, open up: Nvidia Inspector and make these changes below(Tested only on the GTX 970 family, it has not been tested with anything else, and please "ONLY" use Quadro Drivers 392.65 or 392.67, Absolutely no exceptions):

Custom Made Bits:

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000031 (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2)

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C07

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8C08A8F5(For Quad Sli Only), For 2-Way Sli: 0x0C08A8F1), for Tri-Sli: 0x0C08A8F6.

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000006C

2 - Sync and Refresh:

Just heads up on this, This is for 60hz screen, and want to try/test it without using the fps limit within the game, it is for testing purposes only:

Frame Rate Limiter: 59 Fps

Frame Rate Limiter Mode: 0x00000001 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_DELAY_3D.

Gsync: "ALL" of Gsync settings on my side is set to: Off/Disabled

Max Pre-rendered frames ahead: 4

Vsync tear control: Adaptive.

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

6 - Sli:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: ENABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR_of_SFR

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR_of_SFR

Also, just to let everyone know on 2-Way and Tri-Sli in general with this game, you can still use AFR_of_SFR or just SFR, all you got to do is leave the digit 8 within: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8<<~~ 1st hex down(Digit 8, letter: A will work too), but most preferred, leave it on 0 and set rendering mode to autoselect.

8 - Extra:

Nothing has changed, please keep the same settings as I discussed before on previous post, thanks.

Unknown ID settings:

Leave it to factory settings(Default/no changes), thanks.

Defint' the biggest challenge in this game is trying to control the hanging problems without no graphic anomalies, absolutely not easy thing to do, took lots of time and lots of testing.

For beginners who are tuning this game, I would start with reshade with similar filters/shaders used as you will experience or go through Alot less headache to deal with when it comes to the massive hang issues.

Tri-Sli might be a much better overall in this situation, don't have to beef the resolution up to 5k, would be alot easier on the Gpu's in the long run, would take alot less time to settle the gpu's down due to lower resolution and will not tank your system ram to the degree when resolution set to 5k, not even close, but you still have to increase it over 4k, as the hanging problem persists from 2-way sli to quad sli, so therefore, while using the fps cap limit option, this means in turn, you have to crank your settings/resolution to make up for it, might have to do 4.5k for tri-sli, as some places within tri-sli, @ 4000x2250 resolution, I have seen over 100 fps on no fps limit, so you need to keep the fps cap down to under 60 fps if possible, again, even through nvidia inspector, setting the limit there, it works, but, it will introduce frame-pacing, so please only use it for testing purposes only, please only try to use the fps cap limit from the in-game settings and as always: Please tune accordingly, if have any questions that pertains to this game, do not hesitate to ask, thank you.

All in All, Looking mighty impressive.

Total Invested Time(Not including Nvidia Inspector), Approx: 89 Hrs.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - BDO(BLACK DESERT ONLINE) REMASTERED + RESHADE - CURRENT STATS + IMAGES - UPDATE - 9/9/21:

Current stats for this game:

Everything is looking incredibly good thus far, I played for good 3-4 hrs just recently, all without breaking a sweat, everything is Solid Concrete Stable.

Far as my custom made bits is concerned, no changes has been made there was one that I just recently applied but its just for testing purposes, as of now, leave it the way it was mentioned before.

As before, Triggering re-mastered mode = will not work properly under quad sli, apparently, it seems its having alot of issues with intermittent brightness,etc also, TAA within the in-game settings = a no go, please do not use it, use it within reshade only, but in reshade, you will experience a slight blur trail, not to bad, you can fine tune the TAA parameter within Reshade to help with the blur issue, all in all, pretty good.

Extreme tuners out there with similar setup as mine, please use "ONLY" Very high setting preset, you can manually toggle other settings if need be, try to keep your textures to medium due Vram Restrictions.

Another important thing, discussed this before, Upscale option, please do "NOT" use it while under Quad Sli mode, as while using reshade, MXAO/SSDO,etc and other filters will not work properly, please be very strongly aware of this, thanks.

Current Reshade Filters(Shaders) using currently are as follows:

DPX(Manually Set)
    CURVES(Manually Set)
    LUMASHARPEN(Manually Set)
    BLOOMING_HDR(Manually Set)
    CLARITY(Manually Set)
    MXAO(Manually Set/X8 Samples)
    PPFX_SSDO(Manually Set)
    TAA(Manually Set)

I uploaded two images, 1 Gpu Performance and the other under Quad Sli, Same exact Reshade Filters(Shaders) and its parameters used:

Resolution: 3840x2400, pretty much with max Settings.

1 GPU:

BDO-Remastered-1 Gpu.jpg

& and under Quad Sli:

BDO-Remastered-4 Gpu's.jpg

Beautiful Scaling.

One thing though, those of you who are extremely seriously tuning this game under similar setup as mine and its reshade filters(Shaders), there might be a time that your gpu scaling will go completely out of whack(While Adjusting Reshade settings) and your performance will significantly be reduced, to fix this, first try looking directly at the ground, next, lower your resolution to another notch down, wait till the scaling goes back to normal, press ESC to cancel the settings to go back to where you originally had it, your scaling will go back to normal.

Just heads up on which drivers I am using for this game right now: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.65...

So Far, 2 Brutal thumbs up, more updates to come later.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - CURRENT STATS THUS FAR - UPDATE - 9/16/21:

Current stats thus far with this game:

Everything is looking Excellent

I recently just created 3 more charc's here.

I going back in the beginning of the game on both charc's, the other one is for prophecy dlc(Tech-Adept).

On one charc, testing the game again under Reshade and the other charc without reshade.

I am on basically Chapter 2 on both of these new charc's.

The one with reshade, the game didn't even break a sweat, no hangs, no nothing, all = A+

The one without reshade, I had a hang every now and then, in some cases, it was perfectly stable, no doubt you may or may not come across it, kinda rare(Depending on location), but to prevent this from happening, go under your in-game settings and shut off: High Shaders & Weather Effects and you might want to bump up the shadow settings a bit to make up for the loss in the gpu stress dept., you may or may not have to turn down the shadows completely as some places/situation, it takes a big hit, some places works fine, I didn't experience any hangs when I had my shadows turned to the max while High Shaders & Weather Effects were turned off.

I have made some changes within both: Sli Broadcast (DX1x) & Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits(No Reshade), and those current bits are as follows:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C08

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8C08E3F5

Everything else, previously mentioned before on earlier post, remains unchanged.

Going to be a bit longer as I am re-testing from the beginning on both Reshade and Without Reshade, and I am mainly going to be focusing on the Actual Campaign missions for the most part.

Those of you who are extremely serious of tuning this game with similar setup as I am while not using reshade, some stuff you should be aware about:

Some places/environment and situation in this game, for 4 GTX 970's and to strive the best utilization across all 4 gpu's, some places needs a sick resolution of 6k(6144x3456), some situations, you can turn it down a notch, but make sure you turn on the fps cap limit within the game settings, near your actual fps performance to help with the frame pacing and among other things.

Despite the 970's can even handle such sick resolutions, certain protocols needs to be in effect.

First off, before jumping into actual missions, make sure your resolution is like 1440p or something in that nature as if you want to get rid of the map flashing anomaly(Fixed my doing my RE2/Bright Memory resume techinque), it may take alot longer at higher resolution, so try to do it at lower resolution, next, once in the game, within the in-game settings, check the setting called: Sync cpu to gpu, then drop the resolution very low, wait until the gpu settles down(When you see the gpu usages across all 4 gpu's, near at it each other or your Bus %, if you see your Bus % down to 0% to 1%, try jumping up a resolution, take precaution while jumping up to 6k(6144x3456), it will take some time to settle down, might take few mins or not even, but eventually, everything will be ok, also, make "Absolutely" sure that you have at least 32GB of main system ram to be utmost safe, extremely important, 16GB = X.

I also tried to do some stuff within the resolution dept.

For Instance, before I go into the game, I switch my desired resolution prior to play as the resolution settings, from within the game settings itself, only acts as: Internal resolution.

So If I switch to 6k prior to play, I was hoping to see 5k(5120x3200) on the drop down list, nope, there are other resolutions, I tried to see if I can get around this by doing some custom changes within the cfg folder > Resolutions Folder, nope, so if I start @ 6k, the one step down is like 4.9k.

So if your running the game in 6k, be careful, depending of the area/situations of the game, you might want to crank down your internal resolution to make up for the performance.

All in All, 2 thumbs up.

If you experience some Sli Performance issues while in the game or messing/toggling/toying the resolution settings to much, you will experience some decreased Sli Performance, to fix this, try dropping your internal resolution(In-game settings) all the way down to like 800x600, then crank it up, if you still notice decreased performance, you need to quit the game and come back on, should fix the problem, or while your at your window screen, go back to nvidia inspector, re-load your game profile, back into the game, should be all fixed.

More updates to come.

Coming soon is the final conclusion, also with some Videos and Performance Graph Chart of this game, it will be at a later time as I am doing more testing with this game, so far, Excellent.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    nizzen likes this.
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - ANOTHER FUTURE GAME(PROJECT) TESTED - WARHAMMER 40k: DAWN OF WAR II + RESHADE - 9/21/21:

So getting into more into the Warhammer 40k, I looked into the Dawn of War Series, 1st one was rather old, so I looked at the 2nd and the 3rd one, I have not played the third one yet, but I have played almost a good 3 hrs into it, along with reshade, and yes as I originally expected: EXCELLENT SCALING.

The only place where it seems the scaling significantly cuts off: Is when viewing mission assignments(Viewing Planets), but what's funny is that if you use the AA bits for this game:

0x004112C1

And Forcing MSAA+SGSSAA while viewing the mission assignments,etc, scaling is now not an issue, very interesting.

And also, MSAA+SGSSAA+Reshade = X for the time being, scaling is cut significantly, again, this is one of my future projects.

At a glance, Reshade's: MXAO, HBAO nor the SSDO does not seem to work, also: SSR & RTGI doesn't seem to do anything, all the other misc. stuff works.

Far as performance, I tested this game @ 5k(3200p), everything maxed out + Reshade, gives me in the 70 Fps range., and yes I tested with only 1 gpu then back to 4, Excellent Scaling potential.

& yes, I will be testing/working on WH40k: DOW III as well as the Space Marine game.

Stay tuned for more in the future.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2 MORE FUTURE GAMES TESTED - WH40K: SPACE MARINES + RESHADE & DAWN OF WAR III - UPDATE - 9/22/21:

So I quick tested Warhammer 40k: Space Marines + Reshade @ 5k(2880p)/Max in-game settings, Very Good/Excellent Scaling. Far as graphic anomalies are concerned, they are very minimal and nothing to be concerned about, played about 3+ hrs into the game, so far so good.

Another game I will be working on in the future: Another Warhammer 40k game, Dawn of War III.

I only did at a glance tuning for less then 1 hr, I did not test this with Reshade but it will be with reshade when I will be tuning it.

Initial testing: I only tested only 1 specific area: Tutorial Area, Phase 1 Zone, Everything is working perfectly, no graphic anomalies that I can see.

At one spot during my test, this was done @ 4k(2400p), Medium Image Quality(Have major scaling issues anything over Medium), and Max Texture Quality, everything else is set to maximum and without Reshade:

1 Gpu: 69 to 70 Fps

4 Gpu's: over 255+ Fps

So yes Quad Sli is most defin't working.

Far as Frame pacing is concerned on both games, seems excellent, just be careful on how much Samples you use with MXAO/HBAO/SSDO, etc with Space Marines, other then that, frame pacing is pretty much non-existent, and smooth as butta.

Safe to say that Space Marines is shaping up a excellent contender in the Quad Sli realm during initial testing, Dawn of War III, still virtually new into it, both games will be jumped on in the future.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - WARHAMMER 40k: INQUISTIOR/MARTYR - PREQUEL TO THE FINAL CONCLUSION - UPDATE - 9/23/21:

Here it is, Gearing up to the Grand final conclusion to this game.

The last Warhammer game I played of any kind was way back during the Playstation 1 era, fast foward, this is my 2nd Warhammer game I played and also among of my Projects that I am working on(Basically near completion).

I would say, within a week of more testing, I should be good to go to do some performance jotting, video recording,etc,etc.

Video recording will be the same exact method as I have down with Dark Souls III & RE3 Remake.

On the jotting down the actual performance, more then likely they will be strictly: Campaign Missions, the other variables are still in question.

Things are looking excellent, I'll be conducting more testing, I am using total of 4 charc's, the other 3 I just recently added to do more testing, with and without reshade, so far so good.

I'll keep everyone posted, in the meantime, here is some Tribute videos(Not Mine) to the Warhammer 40k in general, some of these videos are from other games:

Video #1:

Video #2:

Video #3:

Video # 4:

And the final video, building up to the grand final conclusion:

Here is an Extra misc video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9V0bOB8sXQ

I have invested alot of effort and time in this game, all of my time, totally dedicated, I keep striving for the best in this and always deliver utmost commitment into all of my projects.

Stay tuned for final results.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - PRELUDE TO THE FINAL CONCLUSION - CURRENT STATS - 10/2/21:

I am currently in the process of converting/processing the gameplay video as we speak.

I have to first combine the videos, next, I have to use another stabilization program cause to much shaky during recording, then I have to lower the saturation count to like -50% and increase fps from 30 fps to 60 fps(though using a program called hybrid), everything works, then finally, use handbrake for final finishing touchup.

I had the same gcam mod for my S21 phone when I recorded Dark Souls III, but for some reason, to much shakiness, the stabilization program I am using, its from a company called: Prodad, and yes, it works very good.

During the gameplay video, I added some transition effects as I had to merge my videos after it was done recording, it split the videos into segments, reason why this device does this, is because, while recording @ 4k, the device generates alot of heat, and that is why the video is broken down into parts, so I had to merge the parts together(In process as we speak).

Also, while recording, there was a hang while changing the internal resolution(In-game resolution setting/while under 1 gpu mode), and the game hanged real hard, I had to sign off and re-start the game, so I had edit some stuff on the video, that was to be expected though, it is still not 100% stable, even though it may act like it, even if certain settings was changed to increase stability, chances are, it may hang very unexpectedly, however that being said, I never seen the game hit a bsod, if it did, it had to been in the early hrs of tuning this game, I haven't seen anything as of yet.

My gameplay video to this game is going to be roughly about 1hr and 30 mins long(With and without reshade).

I haven't even started to work on any of performance related stuff, once this video is all complete, I'll upload it then post video later, during the upload time, I'll work on the performance section, both videos and graphs will be available, gonna be some time, and no, it won't be to the degree of the game: Dark Souls III, I am hoping to keep it the videos alot less this time. I'll keep everyone heads up, thanks.

EDIT ON 10/5/21:

Currently doing finishing up touches with Handbrake program, gonna be some time.

I have other old phones I had left over, and tested the camera a bit, while doing recording, my old S7 phone seems very stable, and also a phone I recently gave to my dad(Another Old phone), tested his, and it was very stable.

I also tested the 8k/24 fps mode with my S21 phone, it was very stable(Uses the third lens down), while testing the 4k or 1080p mode(Middle Lens, it was very unstable, very shaky, so it appears to be the device, even though the lens from the outside looks fine.

I am process of getting the phone replaced, I will be using my older phones to jot down some performance testing.

The Prodad Stabilization program works excellent but it also takes Tons of time to analyze the video and then export it, your talking about over 24 hrs easy as this program didn't seem to have an video card enhancement to further reduce the time, talk about very long time, absolutely insane.

So everything is pretty much done, now doing handbrake, the exported video from hybrid(Converting to 60 fps/lowering the saturation/After Prodad's stabilization program) seems to came out very good.

So I just checked the time for the 1st pass for handbrake, wow, 20 hrs, and this is using the encoder h.265(Nvida Nvenc), the H.264(Nvidia Nvenc) would result in an error), and yes, I am brushing up all the final visuals, same way as I did with DS III.

If I tried to export it through x.264, you are talking about days worth as no gpu is being used, I am not going to wait that long.

I'll keep everyone heads up later, but as of now, doing finishing touches with handbrake, thanks for reading.

EDIT ON 10/5/21:

Now working on performance videos + graph work as we speak.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - LAST MINUTE UPDATES - 10/6/21:

There are things I never mentioned in my upcoming 1hr and half gameplay video(Finalizing) that I am going to mention now.

For those who are very serious of tuning this game, there is some last minute updates I want to mention:

1st of all, in my gameplay video, I mentioned about some areas of the game, you must have the Fps Cap Limit turned on in order to get rid of the background texture flashing anomaly, well, there is ways to control it completely but in turn = the game is less stable/more prone to hang, that being said, I would not even bother doing this as the overall stability of the game = worse.

While going back to the game + reshade, there are ways to control the background flashing anomaly without having to enable the fps cap limit within the in-game settings, moreover, alot of it depends on which resolution you are using, I have used very awkward resolution, this is very similar method to how I tuned Dark Souls III, basically where I learned this method.

The biggest downfall if going to go this route, if I get rid of the flashing Map anomaly within the HUD(Bottom right of the screen, by doing my Bright Memory/RE2 Resume Technique), the background texture will start to have intermitting flashing anomaly, even though the Map Hud will be completely stable, some of the environment background will start flashing, this is the trade off, and I can not control both at the same time in this situation, be absolutely very strongly aware of this, many thanks.

This is the site that I checked on resolutions in general:

https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/

As before, please tune with utmost caution and accordingly as it may or may not work.

1st of all, open up, Nvidia's best friend, Nvidia Inspector:

The biggest change is(Was taken out due to decrease of overall stability of the game), within - 1 Compatibility:

SLI COMPATIBILTY (DX10+D11) BITS:

0x00<<~~ 2nd Hex down, if set to digits: 8 or 9 & the letters: A,B,C,D,E.

This is what's helping it, but also, there is a major player in this, this must work on conjuction with:

SLI BROADCAST (DX1x) BITS: 0X00000000<<~~ 8TH HEX DOWN, mine is currently and always been set to A(Letter A is for Reshade only).

And I replayed the first campaign mission: The Survivor(Tutorial Area), and it seems to control it very nicely, so for those who are playing on a 60hz screen, and want to keep smooth frame pacing, set your fps cap within nvidia inspector to 59 fps, and another thing, I would tune the game to where you will always hit 58 fps to 59 fps of the time, even though the game's, Gpu load is all over the place(Depending on environment and situation while playing), so for example:

If 1 gpu is giving in a specific location: Min 11 fps, max 15 mps, I would try to keep your min to 15 fps, so this way, when your in a very intense battle,etc, you will always keep it to 58-59 range as it will drastically help in the frame pacing dept.

I am doing finishing touches with my gameplay video, currently almost complete with handbrake, taking a very very long time with the whole procedure.

And I just got my device replacement today and the video is alot more stable now.

and also, for those who are extremely curious to why I am not using Shadowplay, here are some reasons:

1st: I want to show the exact performance on what I am showing while recording.

2nd:
    Increase of Vram, as I am at a very very tight tolerance when it comes to Vram, don't want to make it worse and also, decrease performance(Depending on Recording quality).

And Lastly:

The drivers I am using: 392.65(Modified Quadro Drivers), I would have to use a very old Shadowplay revision as the branch in the beginning: 392 is basically not supported, and I refuse to change drivers ATM, 392.xx has been working wonders thus far during my tuning process, not just this game, just in general speaking.

I will be working on performance+graph videos soon, I was working on it earlier on today but with 2 computers on, it is very hot in my room, I had the AC on for a bit but I don't want to create more noise as it is during the recording of my performance videos.

I'll be working on them, sometime tomorrow.

Handbrake should be done, sometime in the morning, I'll upload the video, once its complete, very big file, so it will take sometime to upload.

Look for the video later on, it will be on my front page and I will be posted on new post later.

EDIT ON 10/7/21:

Now uploading the gameplay video, should be ready on the next day(Hoping), gonna be a bit for 4k to be selected due to video processing.

EDIT ON 10/8/21:

Its still uploading, also, during handbrake, I tried doing it under H.265 (NVenc) .m4v format, I double checked the video, there is some frame choppiness, And yes, I tried other video players and toyed with their settings. Currently, the upload % is at 69%, If it the video after processing still shows its thing, I'll will still keep the video and just upload the one after Hybrid as I checked after extreme transcoding with Handbrake and right after hybrid, I didn't see to much difference, took me like 2 days worth of encoding, with the help of the Titan Xp, very very long time, again, I'll wait how the video will end up then go from there, Keep you all posted, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  15. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    SLI is kicking ass in your warhammer 40k video that's for sure your reshade settings do look nice, you should include that with the final profile.

I would say a lot of your frame pacing issues come from the very limited vram of the gtx970.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    In regards about frame pacing issues, even at extremely low resolution, it will still do the same, infact, there is so many variables in this, yes, even @ 640x480...

I recently just learned that if you do my flashing map hud removal technique, you might have a major improvement within the frame pacing dept., again, it is not 100% guarantee that it will be corrected.

Also, some things I never mentioned earlier but I will do so now for those who are very serious of tuning this game.

Be careful when using reshade while tuning:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000
    <<~~ 8th hex down, if set to digit: 8, certain reshade settings will not appear correctly, so be extremely careful while tuning.

Also, as I mentioned this once before, and I never mentioned this while doing video recording, there is ways to control the texture flashing anomaly without using the in-game fps cap limiter, but if you use this method, your overall Sli instability drastically increases, I would highly against using it, use this only during testing, performance testing only.

It is this, under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, Set to letter A to drastically help the texture flashing issues, only in specific areas when needed, this pertains to: Without reshade, So your Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits in the end, without reshade would look like this: 0x00000C0A.

Now, to help control it while your using reshade, same thing applies what I mentioned above but one thing needs to be added as I took this out due to overall increase of the instability of the game, under:

Sli Compatiblity (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00
    <~~ 2nd hex down, try setting the digits either 8 or 9 or letters: A,B,C,D or the letter E, I never use the letter F in any of my tuning, I have tried it once before, the effect that it gives off should be very similar so tune with utmost caution.

EDIT:

One crucial thing that I keep forgetting to mention, in regards about reshade, be careful when using to low of a resolution, as certain reshade filters(Shaders) will not appear at all(Dormant), lot of it depends on which monitor you have,etc so be very aware of this issue, shaders such as HBAO/MXAO will not work properly if setting to low of a resolution, so be careful while tuning with reshade.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISTOR / MARTYR - UPDATES ON FINAL PERFORMANCE+VIDEOS - 10/15/21:

Been doing quite a bit of recording my final performance videos, I have yet to do any graph work as of yet, once all the videos are completed I'll jump on to graph work.

Far as with Reshade is concerned, I am going to mainly focusing on some Campaign missions areas as well as key environment terrain areas, example of this: Frozen wasteland, Death World,etc.

Same goes for reshade, going to be working on key environment terrain areas as well.

Far as testing without reshade, anything higher then, what it seems, 4.5k resolution, there are frame pacing, this is with the frame limiter being turned off, but this seems to work in certain environment areas, such as frozen wasteland, death world,etc.

Some places, even at lower resolution, The frame pacing could be a kinda out of whack if the fps cap is not set properly within nvidia inspector.

I am trying to keep the frame limiter off during during performance testing without reshade, as If I keep the limiter on to 59 fps within nvidia inspector, I won't get accurate results during final performance(Graph work), so I am trying to keep it off at the same time, showing very little to no frame pacing, again, only certain areas have this issue.

Here are the list that's completed thus far(Video recording/both 1 Gpu and 4-Way Sli tests):

---RE-UPDATED ON 10/28/21---

With Reshade/Static testing(Idle/no movement/2 mins):

Campaign Mission #1

With Reshade/Movement Pattern:

Campaign Mission Level #1, #2, #5, #12(Frozen Wastland/Prometheum Outpost)

Now without Reshade(Re-Updated on 10/28/21):

Static testing(2 Min test): Charkov / Frozen Wasteland
    Static testing(2 Min test): Tartarus IV / Frozen Wasteland
    Static testing(2 Min test): Vismar Minoris / Desert(2 Tests: 4.5k & 5k).
    Static testing(2 Min test): Nerues III / Urban Ruins
    Static testing(2 Min test): Carnus Maxima / Industrial Docks
    Static testing(2 Min test): Nereus IV / Prometheum Outpost
    Static testing(2 Min test): Nereus IV / Remote Island

Movement Pattern: Nereus IV - Frozen Wasteland
    Movement Pattern: Tartarus IV - Frozen wasteland
    Movement Pattern: Kardian II / Desert
    Movement Pattern: Argon Prime / Urban Ruins
    Movement Pattern: Charkov / Industrial Docks
    Movement Pattern: Aphagia Minor / Prometheum Outpost
    Movement Pattern: Charkov / Remote Island
    Movement Pattern: Saint Abelard Relay Station / Industrial Docks
    Movement Pattern: Argon Prime / Death World

INSANE 5k+/6K+ TESTS:

Static Testing(2 Mins @ 6k(6144x3456): Imperial Facility / Saint Abelard Relay Station.
    Static Testing(2 Mins @ 6k(6144x3456): Spaceship / Tempestus Citadel
    Static Testing(2 Mins @ 6k(6144x3456): TropoSpheric Platform / Argon Prime
    Static Testing(2 Mins @ 6k(6144x3456): Infested Halls / Carnus Maxima

Movement Pattern: TropoSpheric Platform / Argon Prime
    Movement Pattern: Infested Halls / Carnus Maxima
    Movement Pattern: Industrial / Viridian III - Archeotech Base

Movement Pattern: Saint Abelard Relay Station / Imperial Facility(6.4k Test)-(Had to use in-game fps cap limiter/60 fps=54 fps during gameplay, had to stress the gpu so far to make it go 54 fps and less as turning the fps cap limit on, drastically helps the frame pacing issue, turning on the fps cap limit to 59 fps within nvidia inspector helps tons but soon as it goes below 58 fps, significant frame pacing occurs, so I could not use that during this testing, this applies to all similar testing as this one).

Going to work on other Terrain areas and should be all set.

I'll update this post as more vides are done, should be working on graph work very soon, so keep a keen eye out on this post as more performance testing is being finalized.

One downfall about this game is that, even in different systems, some of these environments looks very similar to one another, some changes in the weather,etc, but the actual environments themselves really looks very similar, but the amount of customization and depth that this game has is huge.

EDIT ON 10/20/21:

Yes, there are several locations where I can not do performance testing while the Fps limit cap is turned off(Both in-game settings and within Nvidia Inspector), mainly due to major frame pacing issues, it is these issues that have these problems and these area's are best to use the Fps Cap on, for best results, I would cap it to 59fps(on a 60hz screen), Test one gpu first before moving on to Sli, in very stress heavy areas, try making sure the fps does "NOT" go under 58 fps as this is when major frame pacing problems occur, again, it is within these specific environmental types that is affected.

Also, these specific environmental types, I have manage to keep the texture flashing under control but in order to do this, you must put an fps cap within nvidia inspector or within the in-game settings, absolutely no exceptions.

The specific environmental types are as follows:

Gothic Indoors(Have Gpu fluctuation problems, Even in Static(Idle/No movement) This problem is fixed when fps cap is being used.)

Industrial
    (Please have fps cap on within nvidia inspector or within the in-game settings)

Mechancius Indoors
    (Also have Gpu fluctuation problems, even Static(Idle/No movement) This problem is fixed when fps cap is being used.)

Spaceship(Have Gpu fluctuation problems, Even in Static(Idle/No movement). 2-Way & 3-Way Sli seems to have alot less frame pacing, however, I would still highly recommend turning on the fps cap within nvidia inspector or within the in-game settings as it will basically fixes the frame pacing issue significantly.)

This being said, the above mentioned environmental areas, I will do some static testing on the ones that don't have the Gpu Fluctuation problems.

Please re-visit this particular post as if there is more, I will add it to the list, again, these specific types will not be in my final performance testing, thanks.

Another thing about this game, this game seems to have TOD(Time of day) system, and also, some of your side missions could appear or disappear overtime, not only that, new one will show up out of nowhere, very interesting.

EDIT ON 10/20/21:

The Environmental areas that were listed above, I am going to do some performance testing, but this time with the in game fps limit cap to 60 fps(Actual 54 fps during gameplay), so this means, I have to use 6k dsr or higher in certain given locations, at times it could take some time to settle the 4 gpu's down before it kicks in due to Vram issues, I will test it nontheless, frame pacing is still there but no where near as bad.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  18. BlackAce21

BlackAce21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 8GB SLI
    Hi, any luck with Batman Arkham Knight or Control?

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Sir, I am completely busy with just one game, doing lots of performance videos, then I have to encode the videos,etc lots of work.

Again, Both of those games would require major amount of time, they would have to be in my future projects, I have tried doing control for like 2-3 hrs in the past, was never one of my projects, just wanted to see how it will go, not very easy but that was months ago.

I'll look into it later, I am just to busy with this game: Warhammer 40k - Inquisitor.

This game would have been done long time ago if it wasn't for the videos, ever since RE3 Remake, I am doing videos + Graph work.

One game at a time, and my next game is going to be Doom 3 + Reshade + Absolute HD mod and that already scales like absolutely no tomorrow, that is already on my front page, I have played quite a bit, scaling is top dog, so got lots of heads up when I get into that game, I am also looking into future Warhammer 40k games, that Mechanicus game looks good, might give that a try way later, again, 4-way sli tuning takes considerable amounts of time, a game could literally take hundreds of hrs, depending on the game of course.

But yes, I will look back into those games in the future, thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  20. BlackAce21

BlackAce21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 8GB SLI
    No problem, I just wanted to check if there are any news. Keep up the nice work :D