Far Cry 6 Requirements Show GeForce RTX 3080 Required for 4K @ 30FPS with RT Enabled

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 3, 2021.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Why not support both and be done?

I think that Turing and Ampere could do this at DLSS Quality at 60 easily.

4k30 with RT on PC (if actually real), will mean 1440p30 on console in basically medium settings.

Willing to bet that if RT is that intense, the AMD cards will tank first. Sounds unoptimized, if nothing else, and I bet that a 6800/6900 and any 3080/90 can run it on console equivalent settings at 4k60 easily.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Normally they would use some sort of parallax occlusion, but it doesn't appear to be working. Would look better if they used tesselation for them anyways.

But it's just not a very impressive looking title in general.

Mineria likes this.
  3. alpha007org

alpha007org Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
    I'm a software dev and I have friends in the gaming industry. What they are telling me is that publishers are still expecting games to run on PS4. We will see first true "next gen" PS5/X in about two years time. Currently I think new consoles are pushed to 50-70% of what are they really capable off. That's the biggest market. Then comes The PC Master Race.

PrMinisterGR and southamptonfc like this.
  4. Lordhawkwind

Lordhawkwind Guest

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX970
    It would be nice if they started to show the requirements for 3440x1440p UWQHD as this is becoming a standard for a lot of gamers like me. I previously had a 2560x1440p but it only utilised my RTX3090 to about 70% whereas my new UWQHD monitor utilises it 90%+. With a Ryzen 3800X and RTX 3090 I think I'll be good to go with ray tracing enabled and 60 fps we'll see. Haven't owned a Far Cry game since FC2. Might wait until it's in the bargain basement six months after launch.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah, I thought to myself that it looked like lack of tessellation as well besides that the Ray Tracing implementation doesn't look like adding much either.
    One can hope for that at least the background story and gameplay is on pair with FC3...
    Definitively going to wait and see what it looks like after launch.

If it helps, 3440x1440 requirements are in between 1440p and 2160p, I would almost say closer to 2160p.

Btw. you never add the "p" when using x*y, it is used only with vertical amount of pixels on their own and an identifier like UW, it tells the horizontal amount of pixels since that is standardized.
    To make it even more confusing you can also use HD, QHD, UWHD, WQHD, UWQHD, FHD....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  6. TheChester

TheChester Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2070 Super
    What do you mean. My 6900xt I can put the render resolution to 2160p and Ultra textures and I easily get 144fps. At 1440p im averaging 288 and at 1080 I'm playing CS:GO.

Undying likes this.
  7. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Don't assume that at all. Ubisoft games constantly underperform on Nvidia hardware and Ubi almost never implements any Nvidia features.

Undying and southamptonfc like this.
  8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Man i hate those upscaling arguments .... Simple as that if you need to hold still get pictures and compare to native to see the difference they do their job. But i figured what is happening here ! Some among us are mutated hawks that can spot a dust patircle a km away so is natural they can spot such things in an action driven game .....

Undying and PrMinisterGR like this.
  9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    That tends to be the case. RT is faked so well by so many games that it almost looks similar.

10. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Sine when have PC games been a 30 FPS thing, do not PC gamers dislike that. I do not like 30 FPS in any PC Game it just sucks. Good thing for me I got a bunch of the Far Cry 6 codes ,so I will add them all together and I will play @4K Ultra Ray Tracing 240FPS. Problem SOLVED with no DLSS/FSR

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    3090 owner since uh...don't remember beginning 2021 before the prices went +700$
    anyways...still havent tried RT, wanted to launch metro exodus the other day menu froze had to force quit....still haven't tried RT I guess control should...should go past the menus :rolleyes:

like Kaleid says above not only good game devs can fake RT really well but it's often better looking as they add maybe irrealistic but atmospheric touches to the rooms and areas

@bobnewels : 30fps I can't even watch it makes me sick as if I drank too much alcohol, 60fps I refuse to play it hurts my eyes after what 7+years of 120fps, I don't think high fps gaming is something you can go back from

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    siege ran better during closed alpha, than it does today, so im not surprised this wont do UHD@60fps,
    while looking like a 2y old game.

13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    this!
    finally someone on this forum said that aloud

there are 5-7 year old games that look better than "next gen" ones.it's all about what they want to achieve as far as visual design.it's not like we've had many neew tools.dx11 peaked in 2014-2015 and only now we're getting better tools with dx12ult.

unity is one of my favorite games visually,ever.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah...

What i don't get is why the newer AC games are so much more demanding, cause their asset quality sure aint higher.

[​IMG]

The only thing the newer games got, which unity doesn't, is a proper TAA implementation... using TXAA here, which is TAA + 4x msaa, which makes performance requirement very high... had it only been TAA, then gpu load would have been half of what it is on the screenshot.

It's the exact same case with dragon age inquisition - looks amazing still, and from same time as unity. Also just missing TAA, and SSR (unity does have that).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Undying and cucaulay malkin like this.
  15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'll try FSR on my GTX 1080 and Vega64 rigs, my main rig with a 6900XT will be running the game at 3840x1080 (32:9), which is exactly 1/2 4K, it should be able to run the game at full bore....if I need a framerate boost, then perhaps I'd enable FSR.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How long before the market fully embrace the new hardware generation?

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    5 years.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Faked RT effects are just as resource hog, if not more than the current RT implementation while looking not looking as good.
    Take RDR2 for example
    lightning.png

Lighning in this case is equivalent to RT emissive lightining, cost a whopping 40%FPS at the Ultra quality. It also cost lots of developement time when devs have to manually place fake point lights throughout the game.

Rasterized Reflection?
    reflection.png

That's another 20%FPS and that's only for a very few reflective surfaces in RDR2

So yeah RT cost a lot of FPS when turning on, but it's supposed to replace the Ultra settings. For example F1 2021 turning on RT by default when you choose the Ultra preset.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  19. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Haha, I am not surprised!
    it's a Ubisoft game, they are really bad at optimizing their game, you can see it with watch dogs legion and several other Ubisoft games.
    DLSS sucks on their games (watch dogs legion) and barely gives some benefits. I wonder when they will improve/change their graphics engine.

A 3080 and 6800x should be able to run this game 4K60 with raytracing, if not then at least with good FSR or DLSS, but since they can't even get the proper implementation of FSR/DLSS, then why running with raytracing anyway. It's an fps game and 30fps is no go at 4K. This is the reason that we have gotten or still trying to get 30xx series or 6xxx series AMD cards.

Heck even if 40xx series or 7xxx series (AMD cards come next year, it will still run like crap on Ubisoft games, now that's a fact)

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im sure it has nothing to do with three drms on top of each other.

KissSh0t likes this.