MSI Afterburner some CPU monitoring options are missing.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Opysium, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    I have the latest MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistics, two months ago I had CPU clock, CPU power etc. options in Afterburner but now there is only CPU temperature and CPU usage options available, others are not here. I did a simple search but there is no one had such a problem with my CPU, only topics from Intel users. I have Ryzen 5 3600

2. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    I told my friend to check if this option exists, he told me this option is enabled with his Ryzen 5 3600 while it's not visible on my computer.

3. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    I try it today with riva tuner last update (not the beta) and works fine with r7 5800x

4. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    I am sure it's a problem in my MSI Afterburner but couldn't find what is the problem.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Valorant/Vanguard installed?

6. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    From another thread, I saw you had same or similar issue in a computer and I tried to disable Vanguard from running at system boot, through Task Manager. It didn't help, but I think even disabling the Vanguard from Task Manager is actually not disabling it(It must be requesting a system reboot to run the game but it didn't.). Because I joined to Valorant while it's actually disabled in Task Manager, (plus task manager says" Vanguard tray notification" so I think disabling it actually not disalbling the Vanguard from running at system start, just like Windows Security notification icon.) but yeah Valorant and Vanguard is installed.

Edit: Uninstalled Vanguard, RTSS and MSI Afterburner then reinstalled MSI Afterburner and RTSS, still only CPU temp and CPU usage (and their per-core options.) available.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  7. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Guess some resident program or whatnot is blocking MSI AB from displaying CPU clock, CPU power. Anything else are you using as a monitoring software, maybe piece of software for motherboard?

iirc I had some MSI AB/RTSS issues also with resident Asus Armoury Crate & Aura Creator needed for Aura Sync, can't remember, or issues were related with Kingston HyperX software needed for ARGB control of Fury RAMs.

Keep the Valorant/Vanguard uninstalled for now. Download portable HiBit Uninstaller 2.6.15, uninstall both MSI AB and RTSS (don't keep the profiles) and wipe everything left (files, regystry key...) with HiBit Uninstaller. Restart Windows, download latest MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 Beta 3 Build 16094 and see what's going to happen. Check twice for any other monitoring software in the background.

8. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    It didn't help unfortunately, is MSI Afterburner logging stuff to somewhere so maybe I can check the logs and see errors if possible.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

MSI AB is not logging _user_ errors anywhere.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Screenshot the Autoruns drivers tab with paths revealed.

11. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    Hello again, sorry for late reply and thank you all who trying to help me. I found the problem, it's happening because of one of the Windows features which is about Virtualization, actually I found this problem while trying to fix my Kaspersky Internet Security's hardware virtualization doesn't work, peoples said Windows's Hyper-V, Sandbox and some security features are blocking hardware virtualization so to fix Kaspersky I was uninstalled them, after fixing Kaspersky I wanted to check MSI Afterburner again and the result was great, I can see CPU clock and CPU power and their per-core options again. Is there a place to report this problem to MSI Afterburner? So if possible they can fix it maybe.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  12. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Why do you think this is issue on MSI Afterburner's side?

Did you tried to add MSI Afterburner EXE and/or RTSS EXE on Kaspersky excusion / trusted app list?

13. Opysium

Opysium Guest

GPU:
    No I didn't think it's MSI Afterburner's side, I might be explained it wrong because of my English and it's not about Kaspersky, some Windows features that I listed in my previous comment are causing this.

14. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

So why _I_ need to fix it?!

15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    So, some Windows features regarding hardware Virtualization are causing issues both with KIS and MSI AB, you found a workaround for these or a solution to fix issues on KIS and MSI AB side by uninstaling those Windows features and everything is working fine now? So Windows features are the one to be blamed, not these apps. If you don't need Windows features regarding hardware virtualization then continue using Windows as it is but if you need those VT features... Well then you need to knock on door of Microsoft support team, they need to fix it on their side.

Windows features: way to get something new and productive on one side, but also on the other side be prepared for few other/older features to get broken because of this new one :rolleyes: This is why most of us here "love" Windows, there's always something to fix about it, it never gets boring with MS and Win :D Sorry for derailing the thread...

Opysium likes this.