Far Cry 6 Requirements Show GeForce RTX 3080 Required for 4K @ 30FPS with RT Enabled

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    I agree, AC: Unity is stunning, so goes for AC: Syndicate. I guess it is up to the art director, which direction they go.

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Time for a new engine me thinks.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. Excalibur1814

Excalibur1814 Active Member

GPU:
    1660ti
    The simple truth is that we just don't 'need' to play it in 4k. We all know that it's about the cash. Selling you, basically, the same thing over and over again. We should all, by now, have really high quality 1080p screens, but the $$$$ train keeps on going. Same for phones.

AlmondMan likes this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    imo a gpu is the no.1 desired consumer item in the western world right now, in all industries, everywhere.
    The shops are being cleared the minute they should arrive, never seen anything like it.
    its a bloody investment right now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Good enough for 30fps slideshow. Nice.
    Just forget 4k. Current hardware is not ready for it. Im not sure it will ever be since it's major performance gimp vs 1440p.

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Well at least by the specs needed they seem to have injected a decent amount of RT,
    perhaps to boost AMDs next gen rt cards and just general next-gen gaming on the ps5 etc.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We might just give it a try and dlss also does not look like native res.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed, but if you look up any of my previous posts, you will see that i'm not exactly in favor of dlss either. Still, dlss is slightly better than fidelityfx.

9. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    DLSS quality @4k is (by definition) always going to be at least equivalent to running the game @1440p on your 4k screen, and it usually looks better because at least the geometry is running native. So if you have a 4k monitor and the game supports DLSS 2.x, you should never not be using it, it's always a net positive over the alternatives.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lol, yes... it's always going to be at least equivalent to running 1440p on my 4k monitor... which is a hell of a lot worse than native 4k xD

Downsampling > native res > dlss > regular upscaling.

Anyone claiming that "4k" dlss looks better than native 4k needs to visit an optician... simple as that.

0blivious, Undying and Passus like this.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    We've not quite gotten to getting 60fps at 4K with RT enabled, none of the present gen cards can do this. Till we've actually gotten to the stage where cards can do games like this, and Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k native with RT enabled, we'd need FSR and/or DLSS to help with framerate. That FC6 supports FSR is a big deal for many, so a vast number of gamers are still on GTX cards, and of course AMD cards. I don't think I'd need FSR at 3840x1080 (exactly half 4K) but a performance boost with FSR would be most welcomed nonetheless.

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I'm ready to play this game on 4k "Ultra" :D

I love Farcry games :)

13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    that hybrid raytraced reflections look awful.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, for the most part you are better off NOT using raytracing or any kind of upscaling. Even in the best case scenario (cyberpunk), it is so-so.

15. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    From the vids i've seen so far you can completely disable RT and not even notice.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Curious how warm a rtx 3080 vram gets with ray tracing on with this title.

17. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Depends on, model, pads and airflow. Or watercooled backplate :p
    My watercooled front and back 3090, is ~65c on memory with +1200

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    3:02
    Just me or do those cobbled stones look horrible flat?

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt the ampere gpus memory actually burning up on most titles?

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Everything looks great for a PC port. The specs list is just stupid though and this

"37GB for HD textures (optional)"

Ok Ubisoft relax and no thank you I will save my SSD life and internet and NOT download this as its more than likely a bunch of 4K textures which won't make the slight bit of difference on my 1440p screen.

That being said alot of people here are just bashing the game for looking bad. Does it really look that bad? I don't think so, does it look more like a fun FC game for FC fans? Yes. Not every game needs to be cutting edge graphically, as long as it runs well and is fun to play then sure. I mean Doom Eternal went more for a cartoony look compared to the first game but it runs like a dream and is fun as hell so why complain? Maybe play the game first, and then judge.

Also some of you are seriously never satisfied. The game literally have everything supported AT LAUNCH that a PC game should have and still you moan about stuff. It doesn't have DLSS, so what? it has FSR which more people can take advantage of which is a good thing and we don't know what their implementation will look like. Other games using FSR like Terminator Resistence, Godfall, and Chernobylite all have great implementations of the tech and look really good considering what the tech actually is. I am glad more people will now be able to get better performance out of their aging hardware instead of locking this away to a small percentage of people who own a few specific gen of cards.

The game has widescreen support at launch, fov slider, rt, hd textures, upscaling (fsr), and a graphics options menu that is second to none and yet people complain that its graphics aren't bleeding edge so their rigs melt whilst playing it. I bet my life that if this game looked the best graphically and then when it came out all the same people would moan about only getting 30fps on their $2k GPU's.

I'd rather have a game that has all these featues on launch and runs well than a game that runs badly and requires me to wait 1 or 2 more generations of gpu to play properly.

complain all you want about the DRM but please just play the game first before you judge it from just its looks alone. Heck games like Dusk look like its from 1998 but guess what its gameplay is awesome.

AlmondMan likes this.