510.06 Cuda Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sapo_joe, Sep 2, 2021.

1. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    The only thing I'd need a new control panel for is for clarity of what options actually do. I liked the older ones where you made changes and you could actually see what it did. Too many technical terms now where you have to use the internet to figure out what a setting actually means. This is also the case in game settings. So many graphical tech terms, I don't know if on or off is better looking or not. Or settings where you pick different technologies which often are abbreviated as well.

Most of the times I know it, but I'd just like to see things get simplified a bit.

2. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    been on physx 9.20.0221 for the last couple of months , from a sit from China , while nvida-US still drags along this old nonsense from half a year back
    should try that one out 9.20.0221 , maybe it helps for batman , those games have always played just fine for me , with any physx or GPU , loads of fun with my gtx 970 back then

AQUILES likes this.
  3. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    very true , you need to be genius to take a picture and send it to someone with a new smartphone these days , i can't figure it out , and i'm pretty much one of those computer genius' , if i say so myself ;) lol

XantaX likes this.
  4. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    I have not had any problems with the amd control panel for at least 10 months now and when I talk about a problem I mean you can not run the settings you want and your card behaves strangely Amd has been paying close attention to what users have been asking for,I also believe that Nvidia when and if needed to change the control panel will need enough time to catch the standards of Amd and even Intel which will present a new UI along with the new cards, on the second pc I have a 2070 and I think that yes the control works but on the other hand I get tired and it irritates me (when I work between the two).

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    While I completely agree it would be nice to see a facelift.. its Windows XP's UI which is roughly a month shy of 20 years old.

evgenim and dr_rus like this.
  6. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    If you don't like NVCPL then in most driver versions you can simply uninstall it and stick to Geforce Experience, NvInspector or even Regedit. Just don't force bloatware on everybody.

XantaX likes this.
  7. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I mean it works both ways, you're free to switch to minimalistic and "just werks" ProfileInspector when Nvidia updates their control panel without forcing your archaic ideals onto everybody.

8. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Never brought animations or fancy stuff. All I care is nvcp being more practical and useful.

9. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    But you already have Geforce Experience, so what's the deal? There are topics here on de-cluttering NVidia drivers, I don't see any forums posts about cluttering them even more. Perhaps you are in minority?

artina90 likes this.
  10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    And you already have ProfileInspector, so?
    But to address the GFE specifically — for starters you can't even change any of the control panel settings via GFE because it has no functionality of the control panel. Optimized game settings is not the same thing as control panel settings.
    I'm like 99.9% sure that people "de-cluttering" their drivers are nothing but a vocal minority.
    The argument on not seeing posts about wanting more clutter makes no sense. New control panel is that you consider a clutter but there's a bunch of posts right in this thread asking about a new control panel.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021

11. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    On topic of drivers themselves.
    Looks like 5xx branch has something new for HAGS. I experienced crash in certain Vulkan games in specific situations with HAGS turned ON but with 5xx branch not anymore.

Sajittarius likes this.
  12. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Actually for me simple text file would be best. I don't even need NVCPL itself. But I definitely don't need any bloat which would surely come with new CPL(just look at GFE or AMD counterpart). This isn't as much about having things look like this or that but people to install some crapware.

And again, if NVidia would port some of NVCPL functionality to GFE, would that be good enough for you?

13. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Being simple doesn't equal to being old.

dr_rus likes this.
  14. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I guess you're one of those people who thought that there was no reason to change how Android 2.x looked like.

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    For me? Yeah. However GFE suffers from other issues that should be addressed first.
    And seeing how little development GFE gets it's not gonna happen anytime soon if ever.
    Shouldn't you be arguing about "downgrading" NVCPL to the simpler ProfileInspector looks then instead? :)

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Perhaps remove the need to sign into GFE with email and password, perhaps have it so when you open it the thing actually opens and doesn't question your rights to run it.
    BTW good job ruining the thread.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    that’s different, that’s something to be used completely visually but if the settings menu stayed the same as android 2x? Yeah I’d be fine with it

18. danik2x2

danik2x2 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    PhysX-9.21.0713-SystemSoftware.exe
    https://mega.nz/file/H9RAFBpC#7IqMrV5rP72IW-m3JVFsBqlNDvBWuFT-JVexzNBMP0s

19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    our archaic ideals are what keeps windows usable, or you’d all be running windows 8 while wiping greasy fingerprint marks off your touch screen.

DannyD likes this.
  20. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    This is a beta driver for WSL, it's not the same branch or use as the latest production game ready driver. Thus it wont have the same fixes included as that's not what this is for.

I personally hate HAGS and always turn it off. Having multiple screens I often have my webcam on another screen so I can see what's going on outside. For example to get deliveries while wearing my headphones. Using HAGS while gaming causes the camera to stutter as all processing power goes to the game.

Thanks, but I rather not download a random executable from a file hosting platform by a random user with 1 post

DannyD likes this.