Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OnnA, Aug 10, 2021.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Any fix for the stuttering in cod warzone?
    I ve been stuck with 21.2.3 ever since i got the rx 580 because of the stuttering happening after installing new drivers, thx

3. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    we are talking about chipset driver and not graphic
    ok my mistake but again is it possible through the chipset driver upgrade to fix bugs in the games?

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    As I have said --- the solution has been provided to you in an earlier driver thread, and I strongly believe the REAL fix needs to be applied on the game-engine side by the developers.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/d...ownload-discussion.437833/page-6#post-5912477

Or here directly :
    https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/C...oor_Performance_Fix_.28VRAM_Allocation_Bug.29

Poor Performance Fix (VRAM Allocation Bug) • Link[edit]
    • Go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
    • Open adv_options.ini
    • Change VideoMemoryScale = 0.9 to VideoMemoryScale = 0.11
    • Save and close
    You may also check this guide and manually adjust the RendererWorkerCount to the amount of physical cores.
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-stuttering-and-boost-fps-in-warzone/

Everything else --- fixes on the engine side ..... I don't think these will ever happen for AMD since it is an NVIDIA sponsored title.... You need to read between the lines bro!

Oh and after a driver update --- don't forget to manually flush the DX cache in windows and the shader cache via radeon settings..... This really helps with wonky engines like e.g. Snowdrop and The Division 2 -- without it I am also getting some weird issues.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    OnnA likes this.

5. I don't know if there's something about stutter with drivers after 21.2.3, but I ended up downgrading back to 20.11.1 (last driver to work with Oculus Link before AMD released about 5 drivers in a row that broke it on Polaris), and it feels like I had the smoothest VR session in months with City Car Driving and Blade & Sorcery. With CCD, it seems like ASW turned on less often. I'll have to try out some more games later.

6. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
  7. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    21.8.2 is out.