Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Leo Garcia

Leo Garcia Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080ti
    What is a good inspector profile for Rocket League using .. .. 2 gpus?

2. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Works good with any unreal engine bits, usually 2nd hex and 5th hex enabled in compat. I was getting over 800fpsQHD in 3way. Something like 0x080020F5 should work.

3. Leo Garcia

Leo Garcia Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080ti
    ̶ ̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶.̶ ̶.̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶.̶ ̶h̶e̶x̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶e̶g̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶?̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶ ̶b̶o̶r̶a̶d̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶(̶D̶X̶9̶)̶?̶ ̶ ̶/̶]̶[̶]̶\̶]̶[̶/̶\̶\̶]̶[̶/̶\̶]̶[̶/̶\̶]̶[̶/̶\̶]̶[̶\̶]̶[̶/̶{̶{̶}̶}̶{̶{̶}̶{̶}̶}̶{̶}̶|̶{̶}̶}̶|̶}̶|̶|̶}̶{̶}̶{̶|̶{̶}̶|̶{̶}̶|̶}̶{̶|̶|̶{̶}̶|̶{̶}̶ . Bruh, its an actual hex code

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  4. Leo Garcia

Leo Garcia Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080ti
    and 800! HOLY $#!%

5. Leo Garcia

Leo Garcia Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080ti
    Well, let me ask all of this. Do SLI specific hax improve the performance? The 2nd and 5th hex are used for Unreal Engine? And What does your profile look like?

6. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Hacks certainly can.

But the one i am talking about is compatibility bits dx11 in NV inspector just inside the Rocket League profile. Can't remember what i used but it scaled like no tomorrow and zero visual artifacts first go. So i probably used the bits posted above.

7. Leo Garcia

Leo Garcia Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080ti
    ahh, okay. I think your PC needs to be nerfed holy moly, i got small improvement, going from like 190 to 230. problem is i have a 240hz monitor </3

8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hello again Kozary, Did you try using my custom bits like I previously mentioned before???

I didn't see any updates from it yet.

Your score, again, should be MUCH, MUCH higher, let me know how your score while using my changes from previous posts.

It was on pg. 46:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/extreme-4-way-sli-tuning.425674/page-46

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any guidance to make 3 way sli 970s custom bits for a boost in superposition 1080 extreme and 4k ? Also for old heaven nenchmark ?

Thanks in advance bro @A M D BugBear

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Not a problem, Here to help people who is in desperate need of getting there Sli System Testing Rig a head start, even though nothing is a guarantee.

Per your request, I got the custom made bits for the benchmark you are asking, as an added Bonus, I will go over my 3dmark custom bits as well.

First of all your asking for Tri-Sli Bits?

There will be some changes, mainly in the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits.

Before I begin, those of you who are running on a quad sli setup, certain specific changes to the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, even though, under 6 - sli, force # of gpu's: Three, it still does not matter, will be force to 4 gpu's, to prevent this and to run it under tri-sli while on a quad sli setup, under sli compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x0<<~~ 1st hex, please leave this to digit 0, 2 will work, most preferably, digit: 0.

Next, the very last hex: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, it must be set to 6, if set to 5, under quad sli systems, it will force all 4 gpu's as the changes made to the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, it will force all 4 gpu's, again, regardless if # of Gpu's is set to: Three, so 6 will force it to tri-sli & Digit: 2 will force it to two gpu's, absolutely no exceptions...

Lets move on to my custom made bits:

First, lets go over Unigine Heaven 4.0:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0A

Sli Compatibility (DX1x) Bits: 0x8D0047F5(Quad Sli only) For 2-Way Sli: 0x0D0047F1, for Tri-Sli: 0x0D0047F6

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x000000EA

6 - Sli:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: Enabled

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Leave the 8 - Extra and the unknown ID settings alone(Factory settings).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for the other benchmark program you asked: Unigine: Superpostion,

Sli Compatibility (DX1x) Bits: 0x8D0071F5(Quad Sli), For 2-Way Sli: 0x0D0071F1, For tri-sli: 0x0D0071F6.

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x000000EA

6 - Sli:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: DISABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Head over to 8 - Extra and make the following changes below:

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x53855200 Sync - DX10 present will be sync call.

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000003 ALLOW_ALL - Allow all optimizations.

MCLINKINSTANCEDLIMIT: 0x00000064 Default - Threshold in megabytes for using of RT/ZB allocations as LinkInstanced (SLI DX9/10).

and finally, we need to change the unknown ID settings, first, click on the magnifying glass on top of the program, then scroll all the way down to you see the unknown ID settings and make the following changes below:

0x105E2A1D (121 Profiles): 0x00000004 (The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Mass Effect Andromeda, Killing Floor 2, FIFA 17, Assassin's Creed: Unity, etc,etc.

0x10AAA36C (90 Profiles): 0x00000001 (The Talos Principle, City Bus Simulator, Catzilla, Call of Duty: United Offensive, etc,etc,etc.

0X10FD4C5F (7 Profiles): 0x01F296C1 (Catzilla, Unigine: Heaven 4.0 demo, 3DMark, Unigine: Valley demo, 3DMark14, Unigine: Heaven demo, 3DMark Ice Storm).

And you are all set to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 3dmark(Previously mentioned before on older post):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0071F5(Quad Sli), for 2-Way Sli: 0x0D0071F1, for tri-sli: 0x0D0071F6.

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000008 IGNORE_MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE - Ignore d3dreg key MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE and allow all transfer sizes by CE.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0400007A

8 - Extra:

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000004 IGNORE_GARBAGE_COLLECT_THRESHOLD - debug: Ignore fill status and garbage collect every frame.

SLIMOSAIC_CONTROL: 0x00000800 (3DMark, 3DMark Ice Storm).

Far as the unknown ID settings, leave them untouched(Factory), you should be all set with the unknown ID settings, the ones that are being used is under default(Factory), if something appears to be missing, let me know, thanks.

If you need my custom made bits for Catzilla, let me know.

And yes, I also just broke another 5 of my benchmarks: Catzilla, Firestrike(Ultra), Firestrike(Extreme), Unigine Heaven 4.0(4k/2160p) w/Maxed out settings, including AA(x8), & Uningine SuperPosition(1080p Extreme Preset).

I'll post my new scores in future posts, thanks.

EDIT ON 1/26/22:

Please make the following changes for: 3DMARK profile:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D9971F5

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x04000B7A

Next, make some changes within the unknown ID settings:

0x00854CAB: (26 Profiles): 0x00000038 (Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham City).

Also, you can do the same, alternate changes with: Unigine: Superposition with the above mentioned, Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, don't expect to much change, its just a slight booster to help with your ending score.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    chispy likes this.

11. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink

Yes i did try, however nothing i do changes anything in 3dmark.

I ended up deleting every profile in nvinspector and made a new profile, added all relevant .exe to the profile and still nothing. I have been busy playing games in glorious quad SLI to test it further.

I will be trying again as i just installed a new driver.

I did a quick test in 2way SLI i went from 220-250fps to 410-450fps in 2560x1440(native) using 0x000020F5 the second hex does nothing. Now there is a setting called "world detail" and it needs to be set on performance or the new maps will not scale or even have negative scaling and obviously TAA may be problematic if RL even has it, it didn't when i used to play it. The other option is to play the game in DX9 instead of DX11 as it has SLI support.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Please try using Quadro Drivers: 392.6x with a modified .ini file, and your good to go.

What was your custom bits anyways for 3dmark?

Curious, Ever gave Unigine: Heaven 4.0 or Unigine: SuperPosition(1080p Extreme Preset) a try???

I just recently mentioned about my custom bits that someone just asked me, give those a try with the 2 benchmark programs, let me know what you score is in the end.

Also, in Unigine: Heaven 4.0, I used the following settings: 4k(2160p/Custom Resolution), Custom maxed out settings: Quality(Ultra)/Tessellation(Extreme), AA set to: x8, my score: 1402 points. Also, off topic here, I tested a lil while ago, a "Single" Titan Xp @ 2100mhz (with custom Nvsmi cmd line, PL set to 300W as opposed to 250W), Using the same exact benchmark settings as my 4-Way 970's, my score was over 1560 points, If I remembered correctly, think it was 1583 points, for an old card, damn card is still F'n fast, no doubt about it.

A single GTX 970 @1506mhz(Core), does about 288 points(With the above mentioned settings). The Dang, Single Titan Xp is almost 6 times(In Unigine: Heaven 4.0) the score of the GTX 970's in raw performance, Despite the age of the card, Still damn fast, Jesus.

EDIT:

Correction on the Unigine Heaven 4.0 Scores, I double checked with the above mentioned settings, @ over 2000mhz(Core) on a single Titan Xp, Got like 1183 point, last time I checked, it was under 2400p resolution, but I re-tested it under 2160p, Max Settings + Max AA(x8).

So the card is slightly faster then 4 GTX 970's Oc'ed @ 1550+mhz(Core) within Unigine Heaven 4.0, Still Pretty fast for a single card nontheless.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    chispy likes this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks a lot bro , I really appreciate it !

I will do some testing tomorrow when i get home

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UNIGINE BENCHMARKS - SUPERPOSITION + HEAVEN 4.0 + VALLEY SCORES - UPDATES SCORES:

Here is my newly updated scores within Unigine: Heaven 4.0 + Superposition.

And Yes, I have taken the Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970's(4gb) as far's it can, Oc'ed to almost 1580mhz on the core, That Is absolutely insanely fast, even for a single gpu setup, memory was oc'ed to 275+ to 285+ within Msi Afterburner, anything more, it seems to reduce final score and its overall performance.

Disregard the Cpu Speeds, actual Speeds were used in the 1080p Extreme Preset(4.9ghz), the others are at my default/stable OC, which is: 4.7ghz.

For SuperPosition, I have 2 Scores, 1080p Extreme Preset and 4k Optimized Preset:

Scores:

1080p Extreme Preset(Previous Score: 8733):

Superposition - 8751.JPG

4k Optimized Preset(Previous Score: 13873):

Unigine-SuperPosition-4k Optimized.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Unigine: Heaven 4.0(Previous Score: 1396):

Settings: 2160p/Max Settings Including AA(x8):

Unigine Heaven 4.0 new score.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Unigine: Valley

Settings: Max Settings Including AA(x8):

unigine Valley 1.0.JPG

Totally disregard to these annoying Min Fps as when it was changing Scenes, thats when it dropped naturally, other then that, no problems.

What was interesting in valley is that, Certain Sequences ran alot smoother, there was this one specific scene, Sli had lots of problems on my old testing system, for some reason now, that problem was not here when I did my test, last test was done on my old system, never uploaded the scores as scaling had some problems in certain scenes, all in all, this one ran excellent.

Also, I found this video, take a look(4k Optimized with an Extremely high OC on a 2080ti, just to give a difference compared to mine):

See you all next on: FFXIV: Endwalker Bench, Unigine: Tropics & Sanctuary then last but not least, Catzilla, thanks for reading.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FFXIV: ENDWALKER BENCH - 4K(2160p) / MAX SETTINGS - UPDATE - 8/25/21:

Here is a benchmark that caught me off guard a bit, I knew this was around for sometime, never got around to it until now.

Played around for sometime earlier on today.

Just to let everyone know, I already posted this on the benchmark section, but since this also pertains to 4-Way Sli in general, it will also be on my thread.

Before going on any further, 1 GTX 970, OC to 1580mhz(Core), @ 2160p / MAX Settings, gives me around 3857 points.

With my Custom made Bits, Gpu Core's clocked @ 1558mhz(Core)/+275 Mem:

FFIV - Endwalker bencmark - 4k(very High).JPG

Also, for those who are interested in my custom made bits(Tested "ONLY" with the GTX 970 family):

Open up, nvidia's "BEST" friend, Nvidia Inspector and make the following changes below:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x0000060A

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0072F5(Quad Sli), for Tri-Sli: 0x0D0072F6 / For 2-Way Sli: 0x0d0072F1

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x00000BEA

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled:

- 6 SLI:

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: SFR

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: SFR

8 - Extra:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call.

PS_ASYNC_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000800 DISABLE_MULTI_APP_THREAD_HEURISTIC - Disable heuristic for detecting multiple app threads compiling shaders.

Next, we need to do some changes to the unknown ID settings, but before you do, click on the magnifying glass on top of the nvidia inspector program, then scroll all the way down to you see: unknown ID settings or predefined nvidia ID settings and make the following changes below:

0x105E2A1D (121 Profiles): 0x00000004 (The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Mass Effect Andromeda, Killing Floor 2, FIFA 17, Assassin's Creed: Unity, etc,etc.

0x10AAA36C (90 Profiles): 0x00000001 (The Talos Principle, City Bus Simulator, Catzilla, Call of Duty: United Offensive, etc,etc,etc.

0X10FD4C5F (7 Profiles): 0x01F296C1 (Catzilla, Unigine: Heaven 4.0 demo, 3DMark, Unigine: Valley demo, 3DMark14, Unigine: Heaven demo, 3DMark Ice Storm).

And you are all good to go.

Also, Under NVIDIA predefined SLI mode(DX1x)+Sli Rendering Mode, AFR_of_SFR(Hybrid/Combo) will work, but on scene two, where you see the huge Statue/Waterfall like, this statute will appear to be all in white, but everything else will be ok, to fix this, change it to SFR, all fixed, performance will be pretty much the same, thanks.

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FFXIV: STORMBLOOD BENCH - UPDATE - 8/25/21:

Here we got another FFXIV benchmark, Entitled: Stormblood...

I did 4 runs in total:

1 Gpu test @ 2160p/Max Settings
    4 Gpu test @ 2160p/Max Settings

& 2 added bonuses:

1 Gpu test @ 2475p(4400x2475)/Max Settings
    4 Gpu test @ 2475p(4400x2475)/Max Settings.

And yes, I made my own bits, specifically for this run.

Lets take a look at my score shall we???

1 Gpu @ 2160p/Max Settings:

1 Gpu(2160p).jpg

4 Gpu's @ 2160p/Max Settings:

4 Gpu's(2160p).jpg

Add Bonuses:

4400x2475(16:9 Aspect Ratio)/Max Settings:

1 Gpu:

1 Gpu(2475p).jpg

4 GPU's:

4 Gpu's(2475p).jpg

And for those who are interested in my custom made bits(Tested only on GTX 970 Family) here it is and its rather different from the others:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C09

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0A71F6(Quad Sli), for Tri-Sli: 0x0D0A71F6 / For 2-Way Sli: 0x0D0A71F1.

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x00000BEA

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled:

- 6 SLI:

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: SFR

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: SFR

8 - Extra:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call.

MCLINKINSTANCED_LIMIT: 0x00000064 Default - Threshold in megabytes for using of RT/ZB allocations as LinkInstanced (SLI DX9/10).

PS_ASYNC_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000800 DISABLE_MULTI_APP_THREAD_HEURISTIC - Disable heuristic for detecting multiple app threads compiling shaders.

Next, we need to do some changes to the unknown ID settings, but before you do, click on the magnifying glass on top of the nvidia inspector program, then scroll all the way down to you see: unknown ID settings or predefined nvidia ID settings and make the following changes below:

And you are all set to go.

I also did Heavensword bench as well and came up real nice, I'll post that one later.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - FFXIV: HEAVENSWORD BENCH - UPDATE - 8/25/21:

More FFXIV keeps coming along, here we got: FFXIV: HeavenSword Bench.

Only 2 tests were conducted...

1 Gpu @ 2160p/Max Settings
    &
    4 Gpu's @ 2160p/Max Settings

Lets look at the results:

1 Gpu:

1 GPU(2160p).jpg

4 Gpu's:

4 GPU's(2160p)a.jpg

Sorry for image #2(4 Gpu's), as I had lower gamma within the benchmark settings, I changed some filters around to make it look more brighter, sorry about that.

Just to let everyone know, I had to cut off the sound on both tests as for some reason, while under Quad Sli mode, there was no sound, the only time I can bring sound out is when doing borderless window mode, I tried then going into fullscreen by doing ALT+ENTER, it does work but the performance is not even close to the normal Fullscreen setting, I tried many other variations, it does not work, if you try with pooh resolution like 1080p, it will work, but the resolution I need to use it on with 4-way = does not work, so I had to take out the sound off completely for these 2 runs.

As far as custom made bits goes, for this particular run, I used the same exact custom made bits(Made by me), that I used with FFXIV: Endwalker bench.

See you all on Shadowbringer Bench.

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FFXIV: SHADOWBRINGERS BENCH - UPDATE - 8/25/21

Last one out of the bunch, I bring you FFXIV: ShadowBringers Bench...

4 Tests I have personally conducted:

1 Gpu @ 2160p(Max Settings)
    4 Gpu's @ 2160p(Max Settings)

& some Added bonus to the mix:

1 Gpu @ 4400x2475(Max Settings)
    4 Gpu's @ 4400x2475(Max Settings)

Here are my results:

1 Gpu @ 2160p - Max Settings:

1 Gpu(2160p).jpg

4 Gpu's @ 2160p - Max Settings:

4 Gpu's(2160p).jpg

Added Bonus:

1 Gpu @ 4400x2475 - Max Settings:

1 Gpu(2475p).jpg

4 Gpu's @ 4400x2475 - Max Settings:

4 Gpu's(2475p).jpg

Far as my custom bits goes, please use the StormBlood custom bits, previously mentioned, many thanks.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDUR'S GATE 3 - FUTURE PROJECT/INITIAL TRY OUT - 8/27/21:

Been playing this game for several hours, just started just very recently.

This will be on the countdown to the 980ti's, up coming future project.

I recently stopped about 2 hrs in, as I am saving this project after DOOM 3(After Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr.

Far as me getting this game to scale, SMH, this game scales harder then the scales of a Dragon.

The Scaling from what I have seen, Is absolutely Beyond Insanity to say at least.

Initially, I had gotten the game to scale excellent, next, I also notice all 4 of my gpu's @ 100% usage, so something was not quite right, I usually tend to see in excellent scaling scenario in other games, 95-99%(Also depends on reaction on which settings is being used as well)

Ambient Occlusion, if used within the in-game settings, the Gpu's will take a real bangin' in the Gpu Usage, it will sky rocket to 100%, so I had to turn it off, so it can stay within 99% range, I also notice somewhat high on the Bus Usage %, normally, I would sit around 0% or 1%, this one is all over the place, 1st gpu was like 21%+, the others like 5%, 9% and so on, so I will be looking into this later.

I also notice that some of the textures were flashing, so I was tuning just a bit, did some of my Technique, etc., and walla, Everything is now under control, there is very minimal flashing in the background, actually nothing to be concerned about, Still very early in this game.

I won't be touching this game any longer Until Doom 3 is done, Doom 3 will be my next game after Warhammer, and Doom 3 + Reshade = Insane Scaling potential.

I checked Performance from 1 gpu to 4-Way Sli, Max Settings @ 2400p(3840x2400/16:10 Aspect Ratio), 1 gpu right off the back gave me about 15 Fps, Performance under Quad Sli, 57 to 58 Fps, Excellent Scaling Potential.

So there you all have it, initial glance with this game, under 4-Way = Absolute Insane.

Stay tuned for this future project to come, Thanks for reading.

EDIT ON 8/28/21:

Just to let everyone know about Baldur's Gate 3:

Forgot to mention that, during the 2 hrs of tuning this game, I experienced no Stability Issues, it was Absolute Rock Solid, yes under Quad Sli.

The only time I experienced a crash was during the Charc Selection Screen, even under 1 Gpu Mode, game is still in beta phase, final release is soon.

Far as tuning sensitivity, like Hang on system if your going into windows mode, or Bsod, I experienced none, so tuning sensitivity on my end = 10/10, A+.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Kozary likes this.