Intel Teases a Dual-Fan Cooler Design for Arc Graphics Card in sky with 1,000 Intel drones

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, let's see them benchmarks as soon as those cards are available.
    Maybe the introduction of Raja and his expertise could break the image of Intel slow iGPU /GPU.
    Rather interesting times, maybe we will have 3 players in the GPU market finally.

3. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

4. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    This event is probably just a metaphor for sky high gpu prices.

5. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Intel is gonna make serious money if this works. NVidia and AMD should be crying. Intel is already #1 at total sales. Imagine the addition of dGPUs on these charts!

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    IMO, Intel has broken that reputation going all the way back to their original Iris graphics, which was I think released in 2014. People just associate Intel graphics as being crappy because their GPUs were never built with gaming in mind, but they have made genuinely good GPUs for a long while. Xe basically took all of the good attributes of Intel's GPUs (great performance-per-watt, relatively low memory bandwidth, great video transcoding support, multiple 4K monitor support, etc) and then bumped up 3D rasterization performance to levels gamers wanted to see.
    Meanwhile as a Linux user, Intel's driver support has been fantastic for years. Linux hardly ever benefits from application-specific optimizations and the existing Xe drivers for it are pretty polished, so it shouldn't feel like a first-gen product to Linux users. So long as the pricing and availability is good, I'll most likely get one.

Nvidia has nothing to worry about for a long while. Even if Intel releases something with better performance-per-watt and performance-per-<currency> (even in DXR games), Nvidia will still have not much to worry about.
    AMD could have something to worry about; RNDA2 will most likely be inferior but their next-gen stuff might only be par.

anticupidon likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Until they actually release their gpu nvidia and amd will already start teasing the next generation gpus.

8. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    I'm hopeful that the introduction of a new player on the gaming GPU market will push the prices down. More competition, more better.

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I have to say that I think AMD has progressed beyond anything Raja might have conceived with them. No slight on Raja, but it takes far more than one person to design and manufacture a decent 3D GPU. Intel needs to do far less "teasing" and start introducing competitive products into the marketplace. I wouldn't advise people to hold their breaths waiting on the Intel discrete GPU front. Intel very badly needs to get its CPU house in order, first, imo.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Teasing is the right thing todo while chip production is low and GPU prices are out of order, would be a rather bad strategy to introduce cards to the marketplace while they can't deliver.

Intel needs to get it's CPU house in order?

11. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    I wouldnt get your hopes up, Raja has a long history of overhyping his work big time. he promised to get Radeon to take out Nvidia for years and years, never delivered

12. Ivrogne

Ivrogne Master Guru

GPU:
    a GPU
    we need this product to be good, at least on the low and middle segment with a reasonable price, because we desperately need that.