Review: NobleChairs Hero Black Edition gaming chair

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We’re checking out a gaming chair – it’s Noblechairs Hero Black Edtion. The manufacturer is a company with headquarters in Germany, and it was established in Berlin in 2016. They have three main...

Review: NobleChairs Hero Black Edition gaming chair

tunejunky and Airbud like this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is a "proper" chair mechanically with actual engineering. it also has "micro-pores" to cut down on the sweaty butt and back. even real leather (option) needs to be perforated like an actual race car seat for the same reason.
    i'd like to see a fabric or mesh version for hotter climates.
    this $450 is the right price for an actual working chair. not saying you can't get by for cheaper - you can. but what i mean is this is the level that companies pay for office furniture that meets every obscure regulation.

i also hope that means the mechanism was made in EU

Airbud and alanm like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The built in lumbar support is a welcome feature. Those cushions that other chairs have are oversized and overall terrible.

I must say that the armrests don't look soft at all just looking at the pictures but I trust the reviewer on this.

Price however is as already mentioned over the top. You can get a truly ergonomic used office chair for that price.

Airbud and tunejunky like this.
  4. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    Yeah that was also my impression from the pictures (the armrests) Though i think id still buy this over a used office-chair that i have no idea how long it has been used or how worn out the pieces are.

tunejunky likes this.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Best thing about it, it doesnt look like a tacky gaming chair.

big ROBOT bill, Kaarme and tunejunky like this.
  6. richto

richto Guest

GPU:
    2 x 7900GX2 GTX DUOs in Quad SLi
    For that money I would expect proper full length comfortable armrests, not cheap T pieces like a low end office chair.

It is also ugly as hell especially where the seat base joins the back. My circa £90 cheap Chinese gaming chair from amazon looks better than this.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Icanium likes this.
  7. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I'll rather trust herman miller designed gaming chair for logitech "Embody" , rather than another "F1 seat gaming chair". It's all related to hiring the right "medical staff" to help design a healthy chair for the human body.

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Reviewer is 202 cm in height and quite some kilos, so will this chair be just as good or better for an average 178 cm height and average kilo person?

gx-x likes this.
  9. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    they kept their awful metal bars under the seating, so HARD pass
    I had a nobelchair and believe me the seating is HARD, really hard, worst than a wooden plank, they absolutely don't understand why and how you make suspended seating, the bars must be either really far at the rear and front or all in the center so your buttocks don't touch them, absolutely the case with nobelchair you're seated on a metal bar
    honestly it was torture, after 2-3hrs my back was destroyed and I was in pain for several hours after I learned with noblechair that what is killing your back is not the actual backrest it's when the seat is too hard

the tilt system is great but I'll keep my akracing which has a crap tilt system (they seem to have updated it for elephants, it's way too strong and I'm a heavy boy) but it has a correctly designed suspended seat, your buttocks are floating and thats how you can game for 4-8-12hrs straight without any back or butt pain

noblechair quality was great but I'd pay not to seat on one again it hurts you

tunejunky likes this.
  10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I wouldn't. For instance, HM Aeron claims all seating positions I usually am in, are wrong. Only one sitting position is correct, as far as they are concerned, and I am yet to try that one out (oh wait, that one is the initial position I sit in the chair before I make myself comfortable).

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    of course not, you need a smaller chair. I do to. No chair fits all.

tunejunky and Icanium like this.
  12. Timur Born

Timur Born Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070S 8 GB
    None of these gaming chairs are proper. The best thing about them is that you can change the rear angle without affecting the seating angle. But any garden chair can do that while being more comfortable and usually cheaper.

13. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Are these just rebranded SecretLab chairs? It looks remarkably similar, even the boxing.

14. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I've owned the NobleChairs Hero and honestly its a big turd compared to decent office chairs like the Humanscale Backrest or the Steelcase Leap. As per usual if you're spending decent cash on a chair (as you should) then do not go with any of the gaming brands.

15. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC

16. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    No thanks. I stick with my mesh chair, which is cheaper, more comfortable, lighter & no sweaty ass or back.

Exodite likes this.
  17. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I, for one, would prefer if chairs stopped shipping with adjustable height.

The gas lift is always the weak link and will inevitably start sagging in a few years time, meanwhile I never adjust the height but keep it at the top position - which never go as high as I'd like. :(
    Having a stepped/locked mechanism would be much preferable IMO.

I know nothing about the hybrid PU material but would recommend mesh/fiber to anyone as it breathes far better and doesn't get hard/brittle over time.

van_dammesque likes this.