EK Water Releases 2nd Generation QuantumX Delta TEC Block

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. HR Granny

HR Granny Guest

GPU:
    RTX3080/GTX1080ti
    My Ryzen 5800x on my Old EK Supreme is sitting at a cool 28c in August here in Japan and never gets above 43 in the "EXtreme Benchmarks" (as intel states) with a 3080 on the loop, what purpose does this "Intel" ordered product serve?? Water cooling is ambient temps with some air flow in any room. Seems very sus and gimicky.

3. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Reviews of the old model indicated that it was best for boost loads, and not made for full encoding load over more then 5 minute at the time.
    The old model was for the 10 series and came with a custom boost algorithm, if this is for the 11 and 12 gen that looks to be higher peak loads, it makes sense that the new version has a more powerful TEC.
    I dont know how good the chip to heatsink heat connection is with a 5800x vs a 11900k, but I think the 11900k is more temperature limited during OC, then a 5800x is.
    Intel tends to be more linier with the power draw and heat when OC, a 5800x is more exponential, going above a limit makes the power and heat explode for limited gains.

The biggest problem with this is the added 250W TEC heat on top of the 250W TDP from a 11 or 12 gen, a combined 500W of heat and power draw before adding a GPU to the mix.
    The price of the cooler also makes no sense unless the top model of the CPU is chosen, a 11700k with this cooler would cost a lot more then a 11900k with a normal good watercooler on it, and the performance of the 11900k would probably be faster in every way.

4. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    It´s a gadget for OC-junkies and should be a lot fun, but sadly not compatible with i9-79XX or Xeon CPUs. Overall for everday applications it does not make any sense.