NVIDIA GeForce 471.68 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2021.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    so i can just ignore fiddling with the reg-key i guess?

2. iccfish

iccfish Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX3090 24GB
    This version finally fix the 10bpc color depth issue. OMG....

Tantawi and Terepin like this.
  3. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M

I'd heard that the Ryzen powerplans don't apply or matter for Ryzen 5000 series?

So I've been using the regular High Performance power plan, not a Ryzen nor Balanced plan.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The thread I mentioned are modified Windows power plans for the 5000 series (balanced and the hidden ultimate), nothing todo with the Ryzen powerplans from AMD.
    They do work and make a difference from Microsofts standard implementation.

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It didn't work one time so it's just something to ignore now? It's never not worked for me in all the time it has been there.

6. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    yes

7. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Weird thing...
    I had a look on one machine for nvtopps and found it renamed to old (I must have done this earlier), so tried to delete it.
    The file was in use despite being renamed.
    Its possible if its renamed while in use (I've done this many times before), the name change is tracked and used on next boot.
    I havent encountered this behaviour before.

ps
    stopping the NVidia service let me delete it.

9. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    this folder is empty here, it was in "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_253e24b785ea60ca\Display.NvContainer\plugins\Session"
    i deleted nvtopps.dll there after killing NVDisplay.Container.exe, writing stops.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    If it was only one time, but ran into the issue several times in the past, hence why I ignore it.

11. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Unfortunately, this is not a driver issue but confirmed to be a GFE issue.

There's no ETA for an GFE update, though (expected the 2H of this month or early Sept) but there's a workaround to just change the file name of NVRLA.EXE e.g. NVRLA.EXEtest

Edit:

The iCUE issue has been confirmed as an Corsair issue but NVIDIA and Corsair are working on a solution.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Herochild likes this.
  12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

That's not the norm, so perhaps it would be vaguely interesting to investigate.

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you playing games in windowed mode? Disabling MPO should not make a difference if you are playing in full screen exclusive mode.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DCH?

15. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK

Oddly enough it stopped doing it now.. Go figure. I know they were working on a fix and collecting data. I dont even use GFE, i turn off all the features of it but sometimes install it and forget to uncheck it.

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    From my experience, having MPO enabled seems to be causing issues in "full screen" games where you don't/can't disable full screen optimizations (which I guess is similar to full screen windowed then anyway) and Virtual Reality games and software, too.

Now whether that's related to the DPC Latency issues people are seing with MPO enabled or not is another question, but it's a problem with MPO and games on (at least Nvidia 3xxx series cards) nonetheless.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  17. sneida

sneida Active Member

GPU:
    rtx 4090
    this driver causes problems in the games I play (e.g. bfv, hunt showdown): although the fps seem to be stable, it feels like an extreme(!!) input lag. same settings as with previous drivers.

back to 471.41.

(rtx 3090, 3900x, win11 beta, 4k 10bit 120hz gsync compatible)

18. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    It definitely changes how VALORANT feels in fullscreen mode, to have MPO both enabled like normal, or to have MPO disabled via the registry key.

The sensitivity just feels "off" or different with MPO disabled when playing VALORANT, but that is without disabling the "fullscreen optimizations" for the game? I don't ever disable those "fullscreen optimizations" when I play games.

However, when you reset the MPO to normal (enable) and restart your PC, the game will feel quite a bit quicker or smoother when you move your mouse in-game.

Maybe it's not supposed to happen, but it definitely feels that way?

I play the game of VALORANT for hours and hours every single day, so I think I can feel small changes pretty noticeably?

But I guess that I may be wrong about MPO seeming to change the smoothness of the mouse gliding or movement... but that was definitely what my impression of what MPO feels like after trying the MPO disable/enable registry keys for weeks.

That said, the DPC latency issue is what I have been attributing a lot of the moments where I have stutters in-game to. Since I have around 500FPS with 29ms ping, shouldn't ever stutter, yet do quite frequently with my RTX 2080 and AMD 5800x.

Are you telling me that the Nvidia caused DPC latency is NOT the cause for this?

Having DPC latency spikes to 1000+ every 10 seconds wouldn't make my games stutter?

If high DPC latency spikes really won't affect games... what could possibly be the cause? What can I do to fix it?

VALORANT has had a lot of stuttering and lag issues since December, which is exactly when Nvidia admitted to shipping the DPC latency spike issues into our game-ready drivers.

Seems pretty logical to me that the DPC latency spikes due to the Nvidia MPO issue are likely what cause all of these issues, that so many have been complaining about for months.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    feedback for any issues when using the win11 beta goes on the feedback hub or in the win11 specific thread on the nvidia forum.

They aren't every 10 seconds, you don't know how to interpret the data.

Your spikes on the 45x driver mean its not the driver that you're having a problem with, its the hardware.

Can you stop making excessively spaced posts.

20. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M

If it is the hardware, then why is the issue with an Nvidia process? It's a hardware issue with the Nvidia GPU, you are saying?