NVIDIA GeForce 471.68 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2021.

1. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    MPO is only enabled for >pascal if iam not mistaken ?

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The disk write issue, how "bad" is it in terms of SSD health? When I check Performance Monitor there are a lot of other processes beside nvTopps which write bytes here and there.

3. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    It's not that dangerous, but it's ''activity'' is unneeded especially from GPU drivers writing around 250-300MB every day for no reason. So yeah when it comes to weeks/months it can be pretty big amount of data being processed by our SSD's..

Netherwind and Herochild like this.
  4. Iggy

Iggy Member

GPU:
    4090 Phantom GS
    MPO is a windows feature that just needs proper hardware support. I did not find much information, but "Multiplane Overlays (MPO) is a new feature of WDDM1.3 (DX11.2)..." from an Intel documentation and NVidias recommendation regarding MPO support "to not force VSYNC off" with the driver 461.09 and higher.
    This let me assume you need at least this driver and a supported card, which would be Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, Volta, Turing and Ampere-series.

5. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Even after reinstalling drivers it still affects calibration screen.

XantaX likes this.
  6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hm. With 10 bit more colors/shades will be displayed thus there may not be as much crush and you may be able to see details/nuances for longer. It may also depend on your monitor and it's calibration, whether it's true 10 bit or 8 bit + FRC, whether the chroma subsampling mode is different, full vs. limited dynamic range etc..

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Why would this be linked to p-states? The issue is totally unchanged whether I put on 20% load with moderate scaling settings, or crank up NGU scaling + some processing with multiple times higher load.

8. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Found out why Warzone was crashing, because I turned on "Low Latency - ON" in the Nvidia drivers after reading someone else saying I should have it on, which I always turn off. Low Latency - OFF , no more crashes

9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Would be weird, as the option should have no effect at all for D3D12.

10. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M

That shouldn't happen. Low Latency Mode via drivers is fine to use, even if you have Nvidia Reflex set to "Enabled" in a game. You can have both enabled or both disabled, and it should never cause any crashes.

I can only think of a few reasons why this may have occured for you, which are:

#1) WarZone is just a very bad game, with extremely poor optimization & tons of cheaters, so the issue is more than likely just the fact that you are playing an ACTIVISION game.ACTIVISION are too busy assaulting employeees to actually create a good game, or do the necessary upkeep on a game that they already created.

#2) Additionally, maybe it was somehow the game overheating your hardware? It's a pretty demanding game from what I understand, and it could have been unrelated to the setting, and was just a pure temperature related crash? or somehow the setting pushed your already hot hardware to the brink?

#3) It's some game-specific bug, likely related to point #1

Honestly, I'd recommend you just try a more optimized, and more competitive, eSports FPS game:
    • VALORANT
    • Counter-Strike Global Offensive
    • Rainbow Six Seige
    • Overwatch
    • Apex Legends

Even if you aren't into eSports games, nor super competitive games, you could try other FPS games like:
    • Battlefield V
    • Destiny 2
    • IronSight

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...d3dkmddi-dxgkddi_postmultiplaneoverlaypresent

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

My cousin has a 3070 and if he has the Nvidia reflex on his warzone crashes more than a few times a night.

With it off no crashes.

13. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    do i need to worry about turning mpo off with a gtx 1080?
    i also tried to check if i can change from 8bit to 10 but was unable to do so, so yeah, should i still use the registry key and disable it or just leave it alone?

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I wonder if there are actually any noticeable advantages with MPO on for single display users (or multi-display with identical refresh rates)?

15. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm not no platform/publishers' loyalist, at all, but you just couldn't resist making it political in a driver feedback thread, huh?!

But, hey, do you.

16. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    MPO doesn't work on all cards. Only Above Pascal series.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Didn't work when I tried it so ended up just disconnecting instead, also saves me the hassle to re-enable driver updates.

18. macle0d

macle0d New Member

GPU:
    Giga 3080 Gaming OC
    Open the ProcessExplorer as Administrator and you will see the activity of that second process (3244) - you will see that it also has a proper icon, same as the first process (2628).
    It does write every 30 seconds, in my case it was 108KB. Stopped this activity after dll rename.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The DriverStore is the only location where I can find the dll as well, but only once, with two as above you got the new and a previous installation.

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\nvtopps contains the db3 and log file, nothing with nvtopps in it at Program Files.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Get the modified power plans for your CPU from overclock dot net.
    From the thread labeled Ryzen Custom Power Plans for Windows 10 (Balanced and Ultimate)
    The DPC latency you see with that tool is from the CPU not kicking in asap on demand, at least Ultimate will "fix"that, recommended to use one of the two balanced as your idle/normal and kick ultimate in via process lasso when gaming.