Diablo II resurrected

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Feb 20, 2021.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    They do but in general, if you can have 100 big streamers streaming your alpha test as opposed to 100 randoms, you'll give it to big streamers as that will gather more momentum and get some eyes on the game.

Streamers definitely got the majority of the invites to the technical alpha but some randoms also did.
    I don't even believe they have to say it to be fair. It's a legitimate marketing tool, surely that's well known. Especially in the case of this game as any Diablo 2 streamer still playing the game 20 years later will definitely know more and offer more feedback than some random Billy who got a key.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    A friend got an invite. He’s not an influencer (except for some bad influence on me) and also not a one to preorder. I did manage to play on his account and got through the first act and first quest on the second one. Overall this is one of, if not the best remasters ever made. The graphics, the sound and the controller support, all great.

A few minor things:
    • the characters moving on 8 axis is a bit lame, but that’s unavoidable when you have the original running underneath
    • inventory space could be increased and even the biggest purist, should be OK with it
    • zoom feature is great, but needs to have a few more steps in between, or just be smooth, so you can play with some zoom and admire the detail. Now with zoom it is just too close for gameplay
    • some performance optimizations are needed
    As good as it is, and as much as I want it to release ASAP, there is the question of, how long before the novelty wears out and becomes “been there, done that”? A playthrough, a second one may be? Not sure for me, as I did not play the original to death, so at least I have a few new classes to play before I get bored. But if you have done it all, there’s nothing new to be had here. Or may be you want to do it all over again with the new graphics and sound?

3. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    zoom is meant to be for what you said - the detail, or looking at your char\model and gear. game should not be played in a serious manner while in zoom.

performance looks good on high end pc's ( videos from Streamers that posted verified hardware ). having said that, it will be interesting to see how the game will run on full 8 player game. im sure they will tweak performance in general.

if you didn't play the original to death ( at least thousands of hours ) than you will be surprised just how ****ing good the game is, even after 5000 hours.

the general concept of D2 and older games from those Era's - give the player a full experience, addictive as it can be. and it worked like no other game in this genre. modern games tend to bring content over time*. DLCs, expansions, world events etc. they develop the game in this manner, im not saying it's good or bad, but i did not encounter any other game in Diablo's genre that brought a full experience like D2. i played everything ( D3, Titan Quest, PoE, Wolcen etc.. ) and all of em are not comparable to the quality of D2. that's just me on it.

personally, this year is amazing. the new remastered Mass Effect trilogy, and D2 resurrected. it can't get better than that. only HL3 is missing and than i might dance naked in the rain.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    a lot of new videos are on YouTube. game-play videos, models\skin videos etc.. still limited to act1 + act2.

the alpha was actually cracked, and those with access posted game-play videos of the locked classes ( Sin, Druid, Necro, Pally ).

game looks great. they will have to tune\improve\change\tweak some things - from performance issues to strange looking skins\models.

Undying likes this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm going to play it just for the nostalgia (if and when I can get my hands on a battle-net free version as I deleted my account).

7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    im taking a wild guess here.. just my intuition, based on nothing.

June: beta
    September-October: game is released

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im fine with that. It will come before that immortal crap and diablo 4.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk about you guys but im hyped and im glad its coming before shitty mobile game.

coc likes this.
  12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i am hyped, my friends are hyped.. i just hope that performance won't be an issue with 6-8 players in a game.

Undying likes this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Closed beta announced for this weekend, starting on Friday. Open beta to follow next week.

I have actually been playing D2 again the last few days, just to get a feel for things and refresh my sorc gameplay. I'm not actually sure which class and build I'll be going with on release. But I'm ever so excited to put in countless hours into this gem of a game.

(26) DIABLO 2 RESURRECTED - BETA ANNOUNCED!!!! - YouTube

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    let's hope it's now a huge f*ck up, like Warcraft 3 reforged.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It won't be. It's going to be a 1:1 D2 clone with better graphics and some minor QoL changes like more shared stash tabs and auto gold pick up.

Otherwise, the game is the same, only looks great, runs great on modern systems supporting all the crazy resolutions current monitors support. It's already been alpha tested to death and it's a winner. The only issue is, the servers will get battered on the first week or so, but that's standard with every major release.

Question actually, if I may, because I didn't buy W3 Reforged, because to me, W3 was a massive step down in the gameplay element compared to W2 so I never bothered. But did W3 Reforged have an open Alpha/Beta prior to release?

Undying likes this.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I don't remember if W3R had a beta. But it probably did.
    Blizzard, since being merged with Activision, has gone very bad.
    The studio we once loved, is dead. Most of the original devs have left the company, and some created a new one, to be able to be free from Activision.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Blizzard as it is is dead to me, mostly. At least as far as WoW is concerned, totally disconnected from their player base. Utter shambles. But, this is a remaster of one of the best games ever made, with minimal changes made to the game, all the core mechanics being untouched, including FCR, FHR etc. Plus it had been alpha tested and the general consensus is, it's a 1:1 copy of the OG Diablo 2, only it looks better and you auto pick up gold and have more stash tabs. I'm happy with that.

Also, I'll have to say, the way things have been shaping up with D4, the direction the game is moving towards, the updates and the general feel of what we might get as the end result, it seems that the dev team are hitting all the marks. Too early still, D4 won't come out for another 2-3 years at the very earliest, but so far, it's hitting all the marks in regards of what I want a modern Diablo game to look and play like.

It honestly seems that Blizzard are a bunch of clueless clowns when it comes to WoW, but outside of WoW, not too bad.

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I hope D2 remastered is a good game, because this is one of my favorite games of all time.
    I put hundreds of hours into it, back in the day.
    It's just that I have little faith in Blizzard....

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    At this point they will have to pull a miracle to f this up. But if there is a studio full of guys capable of massive screw ups, it’s current Blizz..

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    my 3060Ti arrived today. just in time.. had a good deal so i gave up on the 6700XT.

anyways i don't think D2 res will be a **** up. i do worry about performance issues on full games so we will see in time.

super hyped about the beta.