Download: Ryzen Master 2.8.0.1937

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ryzen Master, the overclocking tool from AMD, has been updated and is now available for download on the company's website, as well as in our download section....

Download: Ryzen Master 2.8.0.1937

fantaskarsef and DannyD like this.
  2. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    version before this was working [​IMG]

Keitosha likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's working for me, altough it threw an error on first attempt to install, had to take ownership of the AMD folder that it creates on C:\ drive for installation, kind of weird that it's still an issue, you would think AMD would at the very least fix such a simple bug.

agrastiOs likes this.
  4. jono24776

jono24776 Member

GPU:
    6900 XT
    Had this issue on my Gigabyte x470 system, turns out installing Gigabyte utilities changed the registry path for Ryzen Master to a location in the Gigabyte install folder.

5. jono24776

jono24776 Member

GPU:
    6900 XT
    Ok so Ryzen Master had this error on my MSI x570 Unify system (But not on the gigabyte x470 system), fixed it by deleting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV17 rebooted and ran Updated Ryzen master which loaded without error, checked the registry and a new entry had been created Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 go figure.

I guess the installer/updater is not removing registry entries for previous version(s)

Keitosha likes this.
  6. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Ryzen Master installer is a POS. It quit working on mine and any attempt to reinstall claims newer version is installed even though there is no version installed, reg keys cleared and folders and files deleted. Contacted support they claimed they would look into the issue but a couple of versions later, still the same. I'm not reinstalling my OS just for one stupid utility.

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I had the same "Driver not installed" error message. I tried uninstalling 2.6 first--no go. Installing 2.8 on top of 2.6 for the "upgrade" method, no go--same error. Did some other stuff--same error every time. OTOH, 2.6 installs and runs fine without any error messages. I'm on W11 22000.120, so the success with 2.6--and the reports from you guys--let me know the problem with 2.8 isn't with Win11. I'll wait for them to fix it--it's hard to understand these installer problems with RM--this isn't the first time I've had problems. Several times I've had to install the RM elements manually! It seems like such a straightforward thing--on my Win10/11 systems it only installs 4-5 files!--but the RM installer gives lots of people fits.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

DigitalZombie likes this.
  9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    You need to change the registry path of the sys file that loads up

Regedit:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19

ImagePath C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    "You" shouldn't have to.

The installer should clean up the old line and create the new one.

Mannerheim, Keitosha and GSDragoon like this.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This release is actually a couple days old already. I installed this on Saturday with zero issues.

Still not sure why so many people have problems..... I install Windows. Install drivers. Install games and the few applications I need. Never a single problem until I start using 3rd party cleaners. Then I start having the same problems as everyone else. Quite funny how that works....

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AMD historically has changed or renamed a binary service and failed to remove the one it replaced going back to the chipset drivers for the 700 and 800 motherboards.

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I know, but it's a workaround ultil fixed.

14. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Installed over the previous version (w/o removing it) and still works well.
    Hmm don't really get it how can be so many systems with problems...especially on the guru forums.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Tim24 likes this.
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Because people push bad ideas as good ideas....such as using 3rd party cleaners. The line "if you're having problems, use (insert 3rd party cleaner name) to remove drivers, then reinstall the drivers" appears quite frequently. There's also a lot of people that think their systems are stable, but actually aren't..... People don't listen to actual good advice....

My last AMD based system before the 300 series chipset and Gen 1 Ryzen processors were an A4 4000 on FM2, an Athlon 5350 on AM1 and an Athlon64 X2 5600+ on AM2..... I have zero experience with Phenom or FX-series processors or compatible chipsets. I've personally never had an issue that could be traced back to a driver or driver update. It's always been a stability issue. Either from an improper BIOS/UEFI setting, or an "optimization" in Windows, or a failing harddrive or RAM....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    NightWind likes this.

16. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    You must be right. ;)

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    in my cited case, it was a USB filter driver attached to the controller, the previous filter was not removed and the new one was added in a way that broke most usb devices and introduced heavy stuttering.

18. arturbc

arturbc Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700XT
    For me, this version of Ryzen Master only worked after repair AMD Radeon Software 21.8.1. After many, many, many tries, I have reinstalled the lastest AMD Radeon Software to repair a fews entrys in regedit linked to this and I have gave up of Ryzen Master, but after restart, on a last try without any hope, all worked perfectly.

I have formated my PC today (not because this). To test if this version of Ryzen master is not a bait of AMD, I have installed first of anything and this has been worked. After I finished to install all others drivers, games, softwares, etc. this stoped work again, before the tries of fixes.

19. arturbc

arturbc Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700XT
    Forget it. After new reboot, this is crashed again.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Any clues left in event viewer as to the cause?