Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Compared to what Windows shows in it's error log it quite trivial in comparison.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    "According to multiple sources, PSVR 2 will offer a resolution of 4000×2080 pixels (2000×2040 per eye).

It will also include gaze tracking capable of foveated rendering, a lens separation adjustment dial, and a vibration motor allowing developers to provide direct haptic feedback, Sony has reportedly informed partners".

I've no idea what the eye tracking is all about but it seems promising.

XP-200 likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont VR need both eye/screen to be 60fps? I curious how ps5 would accommodate that less they gona use some form of DLSS/FSR or checkboard like mode game are still using

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    VR isn't as CPU/GPU intensive as the PS5 is. 60 shouldn't be an issue.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That PSVR II looks just amazing, can't wait for it, and i don't pre-order anything but i will be there first day with the PSVR II as i am still using the PSVR 4 years after i bought it as it is such a cracking bit of VR kit, it fails somewhat on doing roomscale Vr due to using light tracking and those god awful PS3 move controllers, but the PSVR II is going to fix that issue with inside out tracking thankfully. :)

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I might be tempted to do the same.

7. I would be significantly more interested in PSVR2 if they released PC drivers and made it an open platform. Otherwise it will be another useless, proprietary toy for PS5.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I don't see how that would be possible as it will be designed with only the PS5 mind. There is already too much competition with the PC as it is.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well the PSVR cand be used on the PC as a 3DOF vr hmd that works very well for seated vr stuff like driving and flying sims, so who knows what the modders will be able to do with the new one. Ha

10. At the very least, I imagine PSVR2 needs to at least meet the Quest 2's specs and tracking quality, and I'm not aware of any currently-supported PCVR headset that truly surpasses it. The G2 (apparently) has notably worse tracking quality for twice the price. Valve Index has notable SDE, fragile controllers, and is about 3 times the price for a full kit. I haven't kept up with what HTC is doing, but I haven't heard any of their most recent headsets (announced or released) being as-affordable as a Quest 2. VR headsets nowadays should at a minimum be able to do inside-out tracking at the quality of Oculus Insight, offer wireless VR with whatever they're connected to (PC or console), and be relatively affordable in order to be a reasonable consideration over a Quest 2, and I'm unaware of any existing and future headsets that do this.

PSVR2 seems like it'll beat the Quest 2 in specs, and be comparable in tracking quality. The haptic controllers are really neat. If it did offer native PC compatibility, I'd be more interested in it for sure.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    According to rumours Valve has cancelled all of it's VR games as it feels that there isn't any interest. If it's true then Sony needs to be very careful.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    They have been claiming VR dead for the last 8 years, yet here we are with a plethora PCVR hardware, more hybrid Quest type models on the way, and the PSVR II and Index II heading this way soon, and that is before we even talk about the incoming AR technology that is just round the corner, so i would not worry too much about the doom and gloom as almost all of it comes from those who have never even tried VR, or they tried it on their phone 4in 480i phone 8 years ago and it made them sick. lol

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Not forgetting the infamous Nintendo Virtual Boy, which gave you headache's and a reason to wear glasses.

A quick Google came up with this gem of a picture.

upload_2021-8-6_10-45-17.png

Redemption80 and XP-200 like this.
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Can you believe Switch owners bought this to play BOTW in full Vr thinking 640 x 720 per eye on their Gearvr knock off cardboard VR was going to give them Vive/CV1 type VR experience. lol

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Daydream VR actually broke my glasses frame because of the pressure being put on my face. :(

XP-200 likes this.
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still say those speed are lies were never neededI highy doubt any game and or engine is gone need those speeds Those speeds are still for Sequential reading and read many small files will never reach any such speeds, atlest to my understanding.

If the PS5 and XBox whatever using such drives actual drive prices down on them... ALOT i dont care. 1 and special the 2 TB prices for such drives is still just stupidly overpriced imo

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That won't stop people from buying them though. Mainly for the 1TB storage. 660GB seem big enough to me as I plan on buying discs still.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    As long as i can store all my DL games on a external HDD i will happily sit with the PS5 internal SSD for its lifespan, and coupled with a 2TB external HDD that served me well on the PS4, that practice will continue on the PS5. ha