HP offers X32 In-plane switching (IPS) 165Hz monitor (WQHD) with Eyesafe

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    I'm not knocking this monitor as it seems to be a really good mix of size, resolution, HDR capability, color depth and features for a good price but I'm tired of the whole Hz race. What is the real percentage of professional gamers that might actually benefit from uber Hz anyway. I would think it's super low and take into account the number of people who actually own cards capable of pushing AAA games at high resolutions with all the bells and whistles at 120FPS or higher is probably pretty small. Hz is fine but definitely NOT the be all end all.

3. Kwok

Kwok Guest

GPU:
    1x GTX1080
    Happy to see one of the majors come out with a new Monitor. The only thing I could say is at that size why not go 3440x1440 max rez? I have a 32" Asus right now that runs at 60hz, max rez is 2550x1440. What I really want is 3440x1440 on 32" or 34" with at least 144mhz. Anyway my hopes are that Monitor makers will soon come out with a new gen of Monitor Models soon. We are running on 2020 models for so long now.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I wouldn't get that worked up about it. We want higher refresh rate, not just for games.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    VRR rate of 60 to 165?? That's unacceptable. Everything else about it is close, I'd want this thing if it were 30+ for VRR and HDR1000, hell, there's such little advancement that maybe I'd settle for HDR600.