MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. indexMemories

indexMemories New Member

GPU:
    1060 3g
    I noticed that scanline doesn't work properly if nvidia DSR is used. Unless I change back to 1080p, adjust tearline, then revert to a higher downsampled resolution tearline seems to stick to where it was in 1080p mode. But this seems like a bootleg workaround. Is this a limitation of scanline or a bug? Thanks!

orangewoolcry and DaRkL3AD3R like this.
  2. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Hi. I am using RTSS to showing stats with Msi AB. Always it working ok. Today i run Metro Exodus and stats was not showed. I run game second time and they showed. Its ok?
    Just on first time not showed

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I have the same with Enhanced Edition, for whatever reason OSD won't display.

I fix it by Alt-Tabbing out, going to RTSS and toggling Show On-Screen Display off and back on and going back to game, then it shows up.

4. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Can you elaborate on this? I assume you dont just talk about setting FPS cap to 60, but I'm not sure I understand what are you on about in the context of RTSS

5. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Hey @Unwinder today I was using RTSS on my laptop with avengers and doom eternal, using the laptop display everything works normally but when I plugged the tv through HDMI the frame limiter would not work if hybrid sync was used... when using the frame limiter alone it does limit the frames but when adding a value in scanline sync it returns to normal vsync off behavior. I know laptops aren't supported but it would be good to check if the same happens on a desktop gpu with multiple monitors connected. In my case I chose to use only the tv and the integrated display off, so no extended display or duplicate.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the same does not happen on desktop with multiple displays enabled.

terry_bogard_sv likes this.
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Do a search for SyncDisplay profile entry. It is up to you to configure display index to sync with in multimonitor environment and it was documented in this thread before.

terry_bogard_sv likes this.
  8. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Got it, I think I didn't know about that by the time I started using RTSS, will search for it. Thanks!

9. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

Back to school season just started, so I’m back to development and new RTSS beta is around the corner. Since introducing OverlayEditor plugin I keep receiving the questions about implementation of MSI AB’s alarm thresholds feature (i.e. ability to change overlay text color depending on some monitored parameter, e.g. temperature) natively inside the new overlay editor. I’m not a fan of overlays looking like a blinking Christmas tree and I was under impression that this MSI AB’s feature is not too frequently used by you, but the feature is being requested again and again so I changed my mind. So new beta will introduce the concept of dynamic colors in OverlayEditor:

DynamicColors.png

- Now you can easily switch between dynamic or static color modes for each layer text or background color attributes with “>>” and “<<” buttons inside the color picker dialog. (D)ynamic color mode is reflected by “D” letter displayed on top of color preview box (green text color preview box next to "Use custom text color" option in “Layer properties” window on my screenshot).
    - For dynamic color mode you can define up to 5 value ranges (open or closed) mapped to 5 different colors and bind color selection rule with any data source. In my example I associated dynamic color selection rule with “GPU1 usage” data source and defined the following rages mapped to different colors: green in <50% range, yellow in [50%;75%] range, red in [75;100%] range, and red in >100% range. Dynamic colors can be either fixed for each range or blended to produce smooth color gradient for nearby closed ranges. For example, if we enable “Blend colors” in dynamic color picker dialog, it will result in smooth green to yellow gradient in [50%;75%] range and smooth yellow to red gradient in [75%;100%] range. Preview field and slider inside dynamic color picker dialog allow you to see how dynamic color changes when associated data source changes.
    - Dynamic color attribute can be either the same for all layer items, or you can embed dynamic color recalculation formula/rule into hypertext layer so layer items can use it to recalculate their colors (for example embedded graphs can use embedded formula to calculate independent dynamic color for each graph point).

I’m testing new beta internally and hope to publish it soon.

Stay tuned!

BuildeR2, Drerex, HisN and 17 others like this.
  10. Unwinder

RTSS 7.3.2 beta 3 Build 25026 is available for download:

- Fixed Windows XP/Vista compatibility regression, introduced in the previous version due to adding Windows 7+ specific in-process RAM usage performance counters
    - Added runtime validation of time format string for <TIME> hypertext tag
    - Added dynamic color formulas support for <C> hypertext tag
    - Hypertext buffer size has been extended to 32KB
    - Improved color picker API. Now client plugins can use extended version of color picker dialog with “>>” (Next) button and use new API function for rendering RGBA color preview into the client image buffer
    - Improved OverlayEditor plugin. New version of plugin introduces concept of dynamic color attributes, which bring MSI Afterburner’s OSD alarm thresholds feature support natively to the plugin. Any color attribute (e.g. layer text or background color) can be switched to dynamic mode by pressing “>>” button inside the color picker dialog or switched back to static color mode by pressing “<<” button. Dynamic colors can be linked with any data source visible to the plugin, can have up to 5 open or closed value ranges mapped to different colors, can either select fixed color by range or blend colors for nearby ranges allowing implementing smooth gradients for dynamic color changes if necessary
    - Improved compatibility with multithreaded Direct3D12 applications, which concurrently create new swapchains while presenting a frame on a swapchain from different thread (e.g. World of Warcraft)
    - Added On-Screen Display profiles for Diablo 2 : Resurrected and World of Warcraft
    - Updated profiles list

Grab it here and stay tuned!

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup732Beta3Build25026.rar

Kaminari, toyo, BuildeR2 and 6 others like this.

11. Unwinder

A few important notes on range color blending feature for new dynamic colors ("Blend colors" option in "Dynamic color" dialog). Your dynamic color ranges must conform to the following rules to get it working:

- To get colors blended inside the range, range must be closed (i.e. have both min and max defined). Open ranges (for example the first one and the last ones on my screenshot a couple posts above, mapped to <50% and >100% ranges) always result in selecting fixed color without blending.
    - To get colors blended inside the range, range must not be the last one. The next range must also exist and next range's minimum must be equal to current range maximum. If those conditions are met, current range color will be blended with next range color. Always use color preview slider inside "Dynamic color" window to verify that you defined color blending rule properly.

12. Unwinder

Hypertext format changes, related to new dynamic color formulas, are documented in this post. Follow the link if you’re developing your own application using RTSS hypertext to render overlay.

ParKur likes this.
  13. Unwinder

Just purchased Deathloop to investigate RTSS compatibility issues reported by some reviewers. Game works fine with RTSS out of box, however this game engine is incompatible with "High" application detection mode, which some of you try to enable globally due to some odd reason for all applications instead of default "Low" mode. Please refer to context help and avoid configuring your systems this way, "High" detection mode is a compatibility option, which may help to get injection working in some games which dynamically load DX runtimes. It installs additional hooks which can be incompatible with game engine, it is _compatibility_ setting which is intended to be enabled at profile level and only for games that do not work without it, it was never intented to be enabled globally for all processes running in the system. Doing so is a BAD idea.

dr_rus and SalamatiQus like this.
  14. backwards1

backwards1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5850
    Would it be possible to make the Afterburner hardware monitor detached screen able to go full screen so it could be fixed to a screen? I have a 34" Ultrawide on top of a 49" SuperUltrawide and for years the primary default use for the top monitor is hardware monitor with the data arranged the way I like. Each time I boot up or screen shuts off I have to manually resize this hardware monitor to the top screen.

Maybe a right click FULLSCREEN option or allowing a standard MAXIMIZE windows square in upper right hand. The square is there but grayed out. Would be amazing to have that basic feature control added as I like to keep all the graphs up to monitor current data while in game. I know there is OSD which is nice for other systems in the house that don't run a 2nd monitor.

15. Unwinder

Thought about it a bit. Considering that I cannot redirect everyone to this forum post, I'll just add built-in profile template with "high" application detection level disabled for Deathloop.exe. Doing so will prevent this specific application from using "high" mode even when it is enabled for global profile. I'll do the same for Fallout76.exe profile template (that's one more game example, which is incompatible with "high" application detection level).

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. Unwinder

7.3.2 beta 3 Build 25029 is available on main download page now:

Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download 7.3.2 Beta 3

It is the same binary as build 25026 published a few days ago, installer just includes updated readme and built-in profiles for Deathloop/FO76 like I mentioned in the previous post.

toyo and apophis like this.
  17. Unwinder

GUI option for easy enabling/desabling passive waiting mode in RTSS properties is the next one on my TODO list, so it will appear in the next beta.

DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
  18. Unwinder

Didn't take too much time to add it, writing context help for it in both languages took more :) New option is in the GUI:

Attached Files:

SpajdrEX, Paul B, Dan Longman and 4 others like this.
  19. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    I apologize if this was discussed before, but is there a setting that allows RTSS to automatically disable framerate limiting or scanline sync when GPU utilization is low? For some reason, certain games/engines tie loading speed to the framerate, Control and Deathloop are recent examples, I know you can manually disable limiter via hotkey, but I wonder is there a more convenient way. Again, sorry if I'm repeating an old question, but I couldn't find an answer on my own.

20. Unwinder

Nope. And that's not planned, sorry.

KoKlusz likes this.