Windows 10 21H1 (Build 19043.928)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, May 18, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am not on insider build, since posting the comment you are quoting I have clean installed Windows 11, then clean installed Windows 10 21H1... I don't benchmark so I honestly wouldn't notice anything.

xD

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Probably this has been for a while but it seems Microsoft changed the way 'update and shutdown' works. Before, when you used that shutdown option, it would start installing the updates, stops at 30% and then shuts down. When you turn on the PC the next time, it would continue with the installation. However, now, it restarts after reaching 30%, continues with the installation and then shuts down.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm last update i got which 3 days ago which think was print night mare update? KB5004945, did the normal 30% then reboot and finish less it changed after the last update i got

5. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    alanm likes this.
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Highlights
    • Updates an issue that prevents gaming services from opening certain games for desktop users.

• Updates an issue that prevents you from entering text using the Input Method Editor (IME). This might occur, for example, after startup if you have set the power options to shut down a laptop by closing its lid.

• Updates an issue that plays the sound for selecting something in a game loudly when you press the trigger button on a game controller.

• Updates an issue that prevents power plans and Game Mode from working as expected. This results in lower frame rates and reduced performance while gaming.

• Updates an issue that fails to detect that you are connected to the internet after you connect to a virtual private network (VPN).

• Updates an issue that causes printing to stop or prints the wrong output. This issue occurs when you print using a USB connection after updating to Windows 10, version 2004 or later.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So none issue for people the disable gamemode in firstplace. I been disabling since day one

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there are other things fixed that aren't included in the notes that contributed to stutter and reduced performance.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Guess it still dont effect me cause not gamed on pc in over year :rolleyes: But that wont last long seeing i got urge to play skyrim again for 100th time

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    After a windows update the windows power plan has been changed from the default "AMD Ryzen™ Balanced" plan to "High performance", has this happened for anyone else?

From what I can tell the update that did this was KB5004296

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows updates don't change your settings, something else did this.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I can't think of anything else other than windows update, I've made no changes to the system, only noticed the power settings change because I had locked the pc and then saw the monitor turn off which it shouldn't, I set it so the monitor turns off never.. just having screensaver with no sleep.. I've had windows update disabled for a few weeks now and just enabled it the other day and now this, I am the only person that uses the pc so no one else has made changes :U

The windows settings page has also changed, windows update / rewards / web browser bit on the top right... I can't find any mention of this change, perhaps I am blind.

[​IMG]

Laptop still has updates disabled so this is not present there, just the pc.. I did have the laptop and pc on the same build.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    check to see if your profile selection persists across reboots, if it doesn't check event viewer for an application modifying it.

apparently things like bitdefender can alter the profiles.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Restarted, checked.. setting persisted. There is nothing like bitdefender is installed.

Windows 10 acting like Windows 10 does..... *stares off into the distance*

Passus likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So i checked windows update today and it gave me a option to install win10 21H1, I was on 20H2.. Should I upgrade? Is this release without any issues?

16. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    You're asking way too much, is there any Windows out there without some small issues here and there? :p

On a serious note 21H1 is really good/stable here on my side. I'm using it amost since day one and past few months did the transition to 21H1 on all of my most important PCs, more then dozen of them from some old 1156 and 1366 builds to latest AM4 and LGA1200, really can't complain a bit. Haven't find any serious issue in 21H1, hope final 21H2 (probably it gets released in next few days) will be at least good as 21H1.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm on 21H1 and it's about the same as 20H2, I can't tell the difference between the two versions to be honest... no standout issues for my system.

-Tj- likes this.
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks, i updated and it was done like in 2min, comulative October update for it took longer.

That said, guess I worried too much. Destiny2 plays the same, so all is good xD

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

squalles likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are there any ways of getting previous AppX file versions? I've just found out the hard way that Microsoft removes older AppX files from the Windows Store and replaces them with nerfed versions for previous windows versions when I did a clean install of a previous Windows version and then went to install "Xbox Accessories" from the store, now when opening it Xbox Accessories now greets you with a box saying To use this App, first get the newest version of Windows Found out how.

I know how to download AppX files and how to manually install Apps, I'm just a bit lost with finding older versions of Apps... just trying to find older version of Xbox Accessories.