Alleged Intel Core i9-12900K beats AMD Ryzen 9 5950X with Cinebench R20 (bigtime)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    No one stops you from lowering PL2.
    I know I wouldn't let CPU run 200+ watts for thermally significant time period, ie microseconds = OK fine, seconds = nope.

Undying likes this.
  2. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Better latency in what? And why would the little cores be better than the much more powerful big cores?

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    the power consumption for alderlake will be the deciding factor.
    anandtech released some tigerlake H a little while ago and its on the same 10nm superfin, the power consumption is significantly worse than the competing zen3 apu parts , high frequency isn't likely to be without consequences on these chips.

on the plus side it will be using the same big cores as sapphire rapids, so it will be interesting to see how that plays in.

4. FlyBy

FlyBy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti wc
    When this CPU comes out, roughly about the same time Apple's M1X will also be launched. I am much more thrilled by Apple's ARM design and power consumption, option off total passive cooling ( in MBAir ) etc.
    Intel is trying hard, no doubt, but the power consumption is way over board. I wouldn't care about the temps too much if the CPU stays inside it's safe limits, still, the cooler the better long term.
    I was thinking about a 5900X to replace my 8700K but as it seems now, I am stuck with my 1080ti for obvious reasons, I think it's a good time to replace my MBPro with a new MBPro or maybe Air if they put that M1X in those as well with enough cores and can still cool it passively.
    my games still run OK and w/o a reasonable priced GPU available I see no point in buying either a new AMD or Intel system. If I had to buy new I would still prefer AMD 5900X over current Intels and also this new 12xxxk series. I pay 0.32€ cent/kWh and my machines run 24/7, power sonsumption really adds to my TCO.

Also, that much more IPC comes with THAT much more wattage ! That is not sensational. That M1 chip is sensational tbh, way ahead of AMD and Intel in terms of IPC/watt.

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Performance is always the deciding factor. Noone is caring about power consumtion, as long as the performance is there. Best performance always win :)

mackintosh likes this.
  6. adonay

adonay Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT
    Hope its as good as "leaked" . Not that i Will change socket and plattform any time soon.
    But i think prosessors have jumped allot in performance lately and Hope this will continue

7. alpha007org

alpha007org Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
    I really hope Intel comes out with a competitive product line not just "halo" product.
    They are betting BIG with their heterogeneous arch and with the release of Windows 11 with a new kernel and a new scheduler there is a good chance we'll see competition ramping up. And I wouldn't rule out AMD going the same way. One low power chiplet and one or two "performance" chiplets...

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I find it funny that people feel the need to say things like "but AM5 will murder this". Who cares? Also, Intel hasn't really been rubbish over the last few years. They took a generation or two to re-adjust. the 10xxx and 11xxx CPUs are good CPUs. It's just that for once, AMD has the upper hand in "productivity" workloads, whereas Intel easily competed and often outperformed AMD as a gaming CPU.

The difference is, AMD is now competitive, unlike they were for good 10 years or so. Doesn't mean Intel was releasing trash tier products. If anything, some of their mid range CPUs are the go to CPUs right now, their 6c/12t are great and cheaper than AMD.

Stop f*cking hating on brands and stop being a fanboy of a brand. Just be happy that we have competition.

nick0323, Maddness, Airbud and 4 others like this.
  9. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    AMD is meta on guru3d, even when it isn't meta :D

If you write something possitive about AMD, you will get instant "likes". Write something possitive about Intel = hates all over the place.
    It is what it is.
    10 years ago, this forum was all about helping people with drivers and hardware. Now, it's all about "hate" and bullying :rolleyes:
    Many years since I saw any actual contribution from anyone on this forums. Sad :(

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    well for laptops/mobile it matters, and thats where most of this new silicon will be going . not much point for big.LITTLE type designs outside of that market.

BlindBison likes this.

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not true
    i mean it's fine if the performance is really there,but rkl is really wasteful.
    you can have almost same performance with cml with huge power savings.
    20-30w more for same performance

rkl is a waste of silicon

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  12. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Beware! Amazon’s New World MMORPG Could Destroy Your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Card
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

https://twitter.com/Gladd/status/14...k-your-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-graphics-card/

Several users have also reported unexpectedly high GPU temperatures and usage when running the game. A world around to this is provided on Reddit by user mEEzz:

Go to Settings > Visuals > Max fps > Set this to 60, this will bring the utilisation back down to 60%~ and temps around the 60°C mark as well.

13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Yes rkl is epic fail with 20% higher latency than cml. I have 10900k with 4700c17 memory rocking 34ns memorylatency and 73GB/s read. Cml is a very nice gamingcpu :)
    There is no reason to buy rkl when it's possible to buy 10900k in my opinion. I just bough it for benchmark it, as usual.

14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Have Asus strix 3090 and 3090 HOF, so I don't care :D

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You're in the wrong thread bud.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Yeah we know already.

Airbud and Venix like this.
  17. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t

Forum spammer #1

18. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Yes, late 2022 at the earliest for Zen 4

19. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Ok guys, I just consider it a shame to lose your card for something like that, after all, we exchange information, I did not write anything bad and also this thread is the most active at the moment.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You are acting rather pathetic. Go get some air or something.

Airbud likes this.