NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Here im to report back, so the driver is ok, its the same in performances as 466.77, strong stable, card is behaving normaly no heat, no turbine noise, no bsods, no desktop return, all fine for now, i tested heavy games for long time period and maxed graphics, pes 2021, bops 3, forza horizon 4, RE VILLAGE, finally a good driver :)

elite69 likes this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thought I was getting crazy, but yeah I saw the same thing with lots of particles in Desitny2 and this game is known to have lots.

I went from 466.77 directly to 471.22 and then saw it, its not a huge fps drop, but it is noticeable (from low 70s into low 60ish fps), out of my head I would say 5-7fps or so.. I keep monitoring fps there so i kinda know how it acts in certain places.

Ingame settings at default high, expect shadows distance v.high.

<namespace name="graphics">
    <cvar name="force_auto_detect" value="0" />
    <cvar name="force_enable_multi_threaded_render_submit" value="0" />
    <cvar name="window_position_x" value="0" />
    <cvar name="window_position_y" value="31" />
    <cvar name="window_mode" value="3" />
    <cvar name="anti_aliasing_mode" value="2" />
    <cvar name="dof_mode" value="2" />
    <cvar name="ssao_mode" value="1" />
    <cvar name="shadow_quality" value="3" />
    <cvar name="environment_detail" value="2" />
    <cvar name="character_detail" value="2" />
    <cvar name="texture_quality" value="4" />
    <cvar name="texture_anisotropy_level" value="2" />
    <cvar name="foliage_detail" value="2" />
    <cvar name="local_light_shadows" value="1" />
    <cvar name="wind_impulse" value="1" />
    <cvar name="gamma_control" value="3" />
    <cvar name="foliage_shadows_mode" value="2" />
    <cvar name="hdr_output" value="1" />
    <cvar name="atmosphere_lighting_detail" value="1" />
    <cvar name="master" value="0" />
    <cvar name="framerate_cap_enabled" value="0" />
    <cvar name="low_latency_mode" value="1" />
    <cvar name="fullscreen_resolution_width" value="1920" />
    <cvar name="fullscreen_resolution_height" value="1080" />
    <cvar name="fullscreen_refresh_rate_numerator" value="143981" />
    <cvar name="fullscreen_refresh_rate_denominator" value="1000" />
    <cvar name="windowed_resolution_width" value="1920" />
    <cvar name="windowed_resolution_height" value="1080" />
    <cvar name="render_resolution_percentage" value="150" />
    <cvar name="framerate_cap" value="144" />
    <cvar name="version" value="3" />

Will try 471.11 now, otherwise I will go back to 466.xx

Cave Waverider likes this.
  3. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    So far so good but my rig is old at this point but working fine on my gtx 1060 6gb. No problems so far played resident evil village for about 4 hours no issues to report. Windows 10 64bit.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    You guys mentioned particle effects.

Same for me with parts of Gta5 with lots of mods I installed.
    Was having an issue with the last win update from 20H2 to 21H1.
    Reformatting fixed that, updated, only applied popular tweaks like, game mode off, CFG off, disabled mitigations using Inspectre, FSE reg tweaks, nagling, system responsiveness 0.
    HAGS off, low latency mode nvcpl off.

No more slow down with heavy particle effects.

Might help some peeps out here or out there, but at least somewhere :D

Oh! I do the spin test as i call it...doing donuts in areas with lots of grass (have it set to ultra) or on vespucci beach in front the condos...when the cinematic cam moves to the wheel wells it was the most noticeable, but now completely smooth.

Fps limit 60, adaptive vsync, using nvcpl., ultra shadows enabled.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im still on 20h2 though.

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I fully agree with your statement, we are all nVidia beta testers...........

Jen1 likes this.
  7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Here the same issue with CoD Warzone ,i don't think thats a driver problem, the game is to big in size and loading times are slow even with a Ryzen 9 @4.28 Ghz and 32 GB of Ram @3333 Mhz
    Harddisk Samsung nvme 2 980 Pro

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not quite sure why, but the GPU boosts up to 1980Mhz, GPU frequency shown around halfway into the video.
    Also got some odd spikes I havn't seen before, like when going into supercruise.
    Game needs more optimization, so it's not only the driver.

Getting a bit tired of boost clocks going higher than what stated on the spec sheet, if I wanted higher I would overclock it myself.
    Going to test with some other games and see if I'm going to keep this driver.

9. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I haven't played Warzone with this driver but with 471.11 was pretty good, if you have Stutters I suggest you to check the Texture resolution to be on normal or lower, modifying the adv_options/VideoMemoryScale set to 0.60 or so depending on your card, you can find that in Documents/Warzone

10. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Driver behaves fine on my system. Replaced the 465.89 with these. Those previous drivers were still thy fastest and smoothest for me. Now this one which performs similar in benches and games.

11. Aldek

Aldek Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080 (UV)
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ISLCw
    This used to help me with stutters in WZ.

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you by chance capture a couple of GPU traces, preferably of Sea of Thieves, one with an older driver that doesn't show this issue and one with driver 471.41 about 30 seconds in length as shown below?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

I haven't noticed this behavior when I played SoT so it may be something specific to your configuration. We will need to the traces to look into it. When capturing the traces, try to make sure you are in the same location and doing the same task so that we can compare the drivers. Also make sure you are seeing the issue you reported with performance dipping. You can send the traces to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Sajittarius likes this.
  13. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Wallpaper disappears whenever I change main monitors now since .22 [​IMG]

Does this weird thing where I have to draw a square over the desktop to get it back

Oh and guess what now its been 6 months and I still cant launch a game that doesnt start in 8K because it will crash the display.
    Still only solution is to disconnect the side monitor when launching the game. Tried to start Yakusa 0 and since it doesnt support 8k I cant play it because it crashes the display every time on launch. Seriously how long do I have to wait for a fix on this. Clearly despite the Leatherjacket Jensen saying 8K is great and supported during the 3000 launch was an afterthought just to even justify the 3090 but at least back it up with support !?

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Strange.. Windows update downloaded it but at the end of install, it would error out.
    Reformatted with 20H2, WU downloaded and installed the problematic one, then the 21H1 update popped up, installed and that was it.

15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Does the audio cut out while you are playing a movie or game or after PC has been idle? Are you using all of the same settings for both driver 466.27 and 471.41? Can you email me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com with the following?

1. Screenshot showing your "Change resolution" panel from the NVIDIA Control Panel with the color settings displayed
    2. On your Windows keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run window. In the Open field, type:
    control mmsys.cpl sounds
    Then press the OK button. This will bring up the Windows Sound properties. Take a screenshot of the Playback tab. Send this as well.
    3. In your email also include steps to reproduce please.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can't fix it because its a game video memory leak.

They probably started using a sleep period in the framelimiter, like RTSS has done in 7.3.1+

1860mhz is one of but not the highest possible step in your cards boost table, so you need to keep in mind that it can always go higher than what you've seen previously.

The advertised boost rate is usually just under the center of the boost table. (+-1 or two steps)

Turing i believe has the same amount of boost steps as Pascal, which iirc is around 23 or steps but increments of 15 vs 13. Pascal is 22 steps of 12.6-12.7mhz vs Turings 23 of 15

SUPER EVO OC vs (FE)
    00: 1650 MHz (1650)
    (11:1815 - Advertised)
    12: 1830 - Advertised
    22: 1980
    23: 1995
    26: 2040 (potential max boost, nvidia never published the step count beyond kepler)

Asus may be using a longer boost table than FE so the advertised boost clock is at a different step.

vs pascal
    00: 1607 MHz
    10: 1733 - Advertised
    22: 1885

The GPU usually jumps directly to the max boost step at sufficient load and then starts winding back to the operational clock for that power/thermal algorithm.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Display driver has nothing to do with this, its a Windows multidisplay issue.

18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Was this with your Asus RTX 2080 Super card?

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Did you only have this problem with R470 drivers?

20. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Yes i have used the Quadro drives but i have test this (GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download (guru3d.com)) driver too. But this drives does not work. Because: