NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Did you download the one posted here on Guru3D?
    Think this is the one you should have downloaded instead:
    Graphics Driver - NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 470 | NVIDIA

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    From my experience, it's causing instability in various programs and also worse framerates in several games (especially older ones). I assumed it was related to the DPC latency issues, but I don't monitor that.

3. 471.41 - WINDOWS 7

Control Panel -> Help -> System Information -> [NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 8.1.940.0 has stopped working]

100% reproducible crash

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    no freaking way is there a 20+ FPS increase between driver iterations....!!! BAD ASS

GPU does seem to be running a higher clock speed as well in the newer driver update. Unless that was intentional and all.

5. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Not here, perhaps you may need to DDU and reinstall them?

6. iccfish

iccfish Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX3090 24GB
    From 471.11 to 471.41 when desktop color mode set to 10bit I got stange screen flick issue in uwp apps on windows 11, especially in settings. Rollback to 469 does fix this.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And you'd be wrong, when its 7 drivers in a row its the bloody system or its user

Thats never going to happen.

BSOD reports don't mean a driver isn't stable, it means the system encountered an issue that "MAY" be but likely isn't in the driver.

When you're a user who installs XMP profiled memory in a system thats rated at a much lower rate, or your config is ryzen based (and the entire platform has a history of issues) its far more likely to be a weakness in the actual machine.

You can't confidently claim that your machine is stable so long as XMP is in use, nor when its at stock where the bios/platform has certain by default configurations or tunings for boost operations that put it out of the cpu manufacturers spec (looking at you Asus).

Nor blame the driver when you've got third party vendor tools installed (and entirely forgotten about) that tend to load buggy kernel mode drivers that can corrupt the PFN list.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Mineria and Cave Waverider like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It got discontinued and i was asked to stop sharing the exe file that made it simple to do XD

Thats normal, the message for LKE's is only available when the driver symbols are available, which nvidia doesn't do.

You forgot to mention the notebook model.

this is an issue going back to the first drivers that permitted overriding the desktop to 10bit

Don't do it.

It's an OS issue

DeskStar and Mineria like this.
  9. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Any explanation as to why?You would think making the process more simple would be the better option for them and the ppl needing help.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Smoking hot driver for me :D

eGGroLLiO and DeskStar like this.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I just didn't OC to maintain the temps until my WB arrives :D

DeskStar likes this.
  12. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Seems like those drivers fixed/reduced driver crashes for me, and also 3DMark scores are back to normal :)

13. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    So any fix for the warzone stutter, after about 3 rounds my game stutters. Rebooting the game fixes it.

14. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Something changed with the way fps limiter are applied in the 471 branch in some games (Generation Zero for exmaple). With the 466.79 drivers, it is working fine (if i limit at 90, fps stay at 90). With all the 471 drivers, fps can drop down to 72 or 75 sometimes in some areas with a lot of stuttering. If you remove the fps cap (you can do this 'on the fly' with RivaTuner) fps are going up to 130 to 150. I tried with and without gsync, vsync, fastsync, MPO on or off, with the Nvidia or the RivaTuner fps limiter with the same results...

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    But you as the video shows can confirm a decent uptick in performance in game?

16. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Dell M6700

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's still crashing in EDO for me, this time after around 30 minutes while streaming to YT, so it's not the MPO's.
    Probably need to roll back to previous driver since I don't and shouldn't need to adjust voltages on my graphics card, don't even have any overclocking tool for such installed.

Temperature pretty descent to, cooled with an EK Vector Strix block sitting on a 360.

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Had GFE's performance monitor with full details running but for some reason Nvidia chose that Shadow Play doesn't record it.... good job Nvidia
    Cause I thought that I could see exactly what happens with frequencies etc. just before it crashes when checking the video afterwards.

19. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    Not sure if you recorded the game or desktop because during game capture overlay's don't get recorded. Use desktop capture or just use OBS.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Tried with desktop recording, doesn't work, also setting GFE to desktop tanks fps slightly.

Tried setting the powerlimit to 95% and core clock to -15MHz, just had an 1 hour + session with no crash.
    Noticed that the GPU boosts beyond it's default turbo boost frequency which is 1830Mhz, think I saw it up at 1860Mhz, so might have been higher when it crashed previously.
    If that really is the case it is a complete fail that the BIOS or driver doesn't restrict it better.