GeForce Hotfix Driver 471.22 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Anyone else running Capture One Pro 21?

I can't seem to get hardware acceleration to work with this driver (or the earlier .11 version). The older 466.xx drivers work flawlessly.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Testing.....

Its your end, Capture One uses OpenCL, confirm that opencl is working in other utilities.

seems to be affecting Turing+

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    GPU-Z says OpenCL works for each driver install, yet Capture One doesn't turn on HA. I don't think I'm using any other OpenCL application currently.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GPU-Z doesn't test opencl, it just reports its installation,

GPU Caps Viewer from Geeks3D has OpenCL rendering tests,

I hadlarge gpu utilisation spikes when performing image processing with Capture One, as the Documentation suggested i should.

5. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Its not up to the QA department to decide what gets fixed and what not, QAs are workhorses that report issues in a bug tracking tool, the developer is the one who decides if it cares about that issue or not or if it can be released in this state and fixed at a later date

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Issues are fixed based on weighting (meaning the affected user total) but can be drawn out depending on the code location.

QA reports the amount of fresh/unique reports and the Management team will allocate resources towards a fix based on that, plus application age - at times DevRel is put in use instead of directly commiting to code change in the driver because the issue might be application side but an intentional and required driver change has exposed a flaw in the clients behavior.

bOse likes this.
  7. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    This could have been more of a system error than a driver issue, but an installshield setup for a game wouldnt work before I forced quit the nvcontainer.exe. A reinstall of the nvidia driver did fix it, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Uten-navn.jpg

How come imgbb is censored?

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'm seeing performance tanking with lots of particle effects on screen with these 471.22 drivers (Sea of Thieves cannon smoke/explosions, WWE 2k19 pyros, as well as some older titles). Older drivers didn't tank in performance with those at all (471.11 were still fine).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    im getting this same issue and a issue with geforce experience unable to retrieve settings.

10. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Overall stability is finally good with those drivers for me, but I also have like 5% less performance in most titles (in 4K), including benchmarks actually.

11. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    oh hi,
    yes all stock didnt cahnge anything. when i scroll through youtube chrome browser is lagging. also games bad fps

i use ASUS STRIX B550-i and i think am gonig to return it back
    i will try to swap gpu rtx2080 maybe gpu is borked? i duno but i doubt it

i also experience hiccups every 5-10 min in audio and video
    like a milisceond pause

is it because BETA BOIS ?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Should be fixed in the next driver :), turns out that there was an issue specific to Turing and later and pascal and earlier weren't affected.

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What is it with people's setups? I've been reading the GeForce forums last night regarding this release. Everything from games stuttering/freezing, micro stuttering, mouse stutters/cursor glitches, input lag, endless complaints that if you read it you'd think this was a terrible release to avoid. There is hardly a post in that thread complaining about issues. From 1xxx to 3xxx cards I'm seeing all these complaints over there.

Yet I've looked into the issues they're all claiming, I've not seen it. Even LatencyMon is reporting good readings. Doom Eternal looks solid and all my other games are smooth.

Then there are people saying on some other forums that Standard drivers are better than DCH regarding input response.

GeForce Experience can be quite flaky lately. There are times, not always I've to disable then reactivate the overlay to get the fps counter to display.
    Otherwise what happens the GeForce Experience pop up slider comes up from the top right of the screen but ALT + R wont work. Once disabled then enabled again, the pop up from top right appears then the fps counter.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    complete fools are building computers these days.
    fools that don't have any background in computer science or decades of experience discerning how hardware problems actually manifest contrary to how they ignorantly believe they do.
    fools that throw computers together with no researching of component combination compatibility, or reported issues with the hardware.
    fools that bury their head in the sand because they believe their money and the word "new" makes them immune to flaws, faults and mistakes.

There are issues with the driver no doubt, the 8bit mpo issue for one.
    The numerous bsod issues that just about every thread includes an OP running a 3xxx or 5xxx Ryzen is unlikely to be drivers and rather be low grade cpu's or misconfigurations

Corsair Memory SKU's cannot be trusted in QVL lists

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I'm new to the Ampere show with these drivers, but situation is pretty solid for me. Some D3D12 games tended to run better (lower frame time variance/less stutter) on the RX 6800 (e.g. Metro Exodus Enhanced), while others run better on Nvidia (e.g. Warzone or WD Legion with RT). Single 8 bit display with MPO enabled.

16. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    I know it's been mentioned here but the ammount of people that use Beta/pre release SW for no real reason is astounding, it used to be assumed that this was for testing and bug catching and issues were expected but it seems it's now seen as early access/cutting edge and get the latest features. And as said above the sheer amount of different configurations when you throw Windows settings, overclocks and overlays/wrappers/hooks into the mix it's easy to blame the driver but I think a decent % of issues are self inflicted.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks for the info!

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Youtube is a cesspit nowadays sadly. Full of clickbait tweaks trying to portray how it greatly reduces input lag. Another being they refer to the MarkC fix. That is not what that was intended for. It was for very old games that automatically enables Windows Mouse acceleration.

These wouldn't be the same people you see on articles and Youtube videos posting... "first" No? The worst part is so many of these guinea pigs don't supply good feedback.

19. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    For me my 3080/9900k I noticed the frametime is more erratic on 1440p 165hz (like occasional random 15-25 ms spikes) Usually the higher the gpu usage the more obvious.Issue pretty much goes away If I lower resolution to 1080p(same monitor) Temps are fine and I even checked Wattage (consistently pulling between 300-330W when gpu usage is at 99%)
    I'm wondering if it's maybe the cpu not strong enough?Seems crazy to think since its a 9900k on 1440p which in theory should put more strain on the gpu>cpu.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I'd check games that are known to be free of stutter and if they stutter too, disable MPO, try older drivers, disable hardware monitoring tools, RGB control software etc.
    Also set Ultra Low Latency globally to on or ultra, it fixes some <=D3D11 games that don't sync CPU and GPU properly with higher CPU prerender.