Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rambo, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its just the maximum
    link state power management still applies.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  2. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    The Division 2 is crashing with 21.6.1 & 21.6.2 on my system. Both DX11 and DX12 seem affected. SMA disabled.

PC Specs:
    ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (X570) updated with latest UEFI FIrmware
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X without OC
    16 GB RAM 3600 MHz
    Radeon RX 6800 XT XFX Merc without OC

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the game

HD64G likes this.
  4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Yep, you're right. I was doing some research and it's the freakin' game. Both AMD and NVIDIA users are affected equally. They updated the game in late june and it made the game even more unstable and prone to crashes :(

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    So anyone with HP G2 Reverb playing which game with this driver with 6900XT and have no stuttering whatsoever as default without changing anything?

Or did you disable Steam Chaperone? Disable VR Preallocate Holographic? and what else did you do not to have stuttering? because there is no way you won't have stuttering without doing these things. Also, there are 2 kinds of stuttering, one if Frame Time peak which gets fixed with disabling the ones I wrote, and other things which I'm not sure yet which has randomly Frame Time spikes over 10 sec straight with very small space between them.

Now the small spikes still happened with the old driver, which I didn't check at the time, but it works fine with the newest one. but the issue with the random spikes over 10 sec I still need to test.

6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I've found out what causes the Frame Time Drops, it was AMD Freesync, you need to disable it for EVERY APP!!!!! from AMD Optimized to OFF, I had the stuttering in Both Browsers, Chrome, and Edge, after changing from AMD Optimized it stopped! Even when I disabled Freesync altogether, something with the Freesync support fukkks is up.

so disabling it for SteamVR and games will fix the stuttering.

Whoever doesn't have the stuttering my guess is that you don't have FreeSync support, so it doesn't even viable for you.

I've noticed Freesync turns on as soon windows load up in the Logon, it enters LG TV Game Mode or FullScreen mode/Instant Game Response. it wasn't like that on older drivers, so they must do some Freesync detection changes with AMD Optimized.

7. Trying to understand this better, but it sounds like you have a Freesync display, don't have Freesync enabled globally, but when games default to Optimized, it causes the stuttering even with Freesync globally disabled?

I noticed at some point the HDR logo on my TV would kick on on start-up, but I don't recall this happening in the past, so it's possible they do some monitor initialization thing on start-up now.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    anyone else having this issue? it started right after the Printer update. 1083

It seems it happens when Lav Video Filters is used.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  9. jbarcus81

jbarcus81 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Maybe not the right place but any ideas why Windows 10 and 11 are throwing major errors and BSOD's when installing this version? Might just be me... I'm using a Lenovo ideapad 330S with Ryzen.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What are you doing here for this to happen? what video player is being used? or web player?

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Potplayer x64 + Lav Filters + Madvr

Freesync is disabled for Potplayer Chrome and Edge, but enabled globally

I just watched movies yesterday and all this time until the latest update.. it just started to happen now, I didn't change anything.

HDR videos are fine.
    Windows 10 Video player is working fine..

What is going on?

I have none stop presentation glitches, it never happend. It's something with the driver and the Instant gaming mode.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I tested video just now after applying printer fix update and did not see any garbled image like you, although I used MPC-BE and the Shark Codec Advanced

Perhaps uninstall video card driver, perform clean from safe mode with DDU, then restart and install driver again... see if problem persists after.

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I just tried. It's not related to the update. it's something else.

something can't keep up with the refresh Rate, it supposes to be 120............ I don't understand!

HDR movies works fine, Games works fine. only SDR movies with HW doesn't work.
    [​IMG]

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    HEVC is broken on current radeon drivers.

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    It can't be my GPU is screwed somehow because I use MorePower! program right? I gave it 330 watt.... How come it's an issue with the drivers. I am watching AVC and VC1, so that's broken?

Which last driver it worked fine?

21.5.2 or I need to go back more?

Please give me more information. can you show me what it does to you? can you show me where you find the issue, link?

Thank God. yes 21.6.1and 21.6.2 are broken. 21. 5.2 works fine. something with the instant gaming it enables!! that doesn't happen with older version

This freaking BUGGGGGSSSSSSSSS are driving me INSANE.............

Now it's 120Hz all the time. with no presentation glitches every couple of seconds. only when I seeking.

[​IMG]

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I didn't notice any issues with HEVC when I was having the 6800. Though there is also some other weird issue with D3D11VA, it gave me stutter in mpv with interpolation and certain YT 4k VP9 video frame rates in fullscreen on the 6800.

17. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX6750ΧΤ
    Until now and on my PC that is one of the best drivers both for stability and performance.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i might be mixing up the Decoder and Encoder side of things, but the bug i saw was HEVC via AMF not working correctly in recent drivers, now that i want to refer to it i can't find the bug again.

19. Does this affect Polaris? I noticed some AMF error a while back with Oculus, but afaik it was with AVC, and presumably with encoding. But I also only recall seeing this starting after a certain AMD driver version.

Do you happen to know the last driver that worked fine with AMF?

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    a post on reddit says 20.12