NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PassiveWaitThreshold = 90 (the value is a percentage with higher values sleeping longer)

0 to turn it off.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  2. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    It is not his problem, it is NVIDIA's problem ...

I bought my laptop for more than 5000$ just because it has 2 nvidia 1080 which was so expensive at the time just to use SLI, and it turns out SLI causes lots of issues,

I am currently using the Studio Driver as NVIDIA claims it is more stable and tested well, currently I have disabled SLI just because I can't afford more BSOD or sudden restarts.

Strange thing, people in this forum call me a troll or found it funny when I had BSOD, I would call these people sadists.

@ManuelG I hope that NVIDIA will make stable releases for those who use thie PC for work, and Beta releases for gamer and new features enthusiasts. Some people, like my self, use their PC to do project and work on it, we can't afford BSOD. I really hope that u don't find it funny like some in here.

Currently using studio driver, will continue using it until hopefully you start making beta and stable releases.

Thanks,

Probotector likes this.
  3. katari1977

katari1977 Guest

GPU:
  4. Ohmer

Ohmer Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    Perhaps I'm blind, but that setting isn't present in the Setup UI, in either the Global or Config files, or in any other .cfg file in my RTSS Installation folders.
    Does that mean it's "off" by default? :confused:

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its 90 by default, try again without the the = and anything after, its in global(no file extension) in the frame limit section and can be edited into game profiles.

Ohmer likes this.
  6. Ohmer

Ohmer Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    I beg your pardon. I was looking at the copy of 'global" in my Profiles folder, forgot to check for the same file name in the ProfileTemplates folder. Thanks!

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Seen a few people reporting an issue with kepler and Warzone shadows.

Please note: This is a client specification change, not necessarily a bug, the activision developers responsible for this title have changed something about them that requires D3D11.1 hardware (That achieves a D3D12 feature level)

This breaks Kepler in both its variants.

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Not sure if its because of this driver, it seems all my games the last few weeks minimize or goes to windowed mode about a 2-3 minutes after they start. Anyone else experience this? Going to try these new .22 hotfix drivers tonight. If i had the time id read all 9 pages to see if there are any similar situations and if there is a way to prevent it.

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    If your driver isn't crashing, it sounds like some other program may be stealing their focus. Did you install any new programs or update any around the time frame this started happening?
    Also do a full malware scan.

10. superleeds27

superleeds27 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Anyone had issues where the output color format changes from rgb to ycbcr.

It's not all the time, but just random.?

11. superleeds27

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Hmm. I've not done anything like that. Just seems to happen randomly. I can tell when it's done it because some colours look too vivid and text when scrolling seems to ghost a little.

Sometimes a simple, monitor off and back on fixes it too?

If it happens again or becomes an issues i'll just revert back to 'use default color settings' Not sure how much of a difference 10bit/120 makes over 8bit/144 really.

12. superleeds27

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Fair enough :)

I'll look at switching back to 8bit/144

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Not 100% sure, but isn't "Alien Isolation" the only game that supports 10-bit color? (The option is called "Deep Color" in the game's video settings.)

superleeds27 likes this.
  14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Any potential downsides to setting it to zero?

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    The effect is very minor compared to banding introduced by games utilizing a non-optimal math format for internal render steps. Also, when you use FSE and games run in 10 bit on an 8 bit display, it automatically gets converted to 8 bit with dithering, still preventing the (minor) 8 bit banding.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    minor increase to cpu usage

windrunnerxj likes this.
  17. superleeds27

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Hmm...

Changed back to 144hz and 'Use default color settings'

If I power off PC, then boot back up it's fine. (Uses 144hz 8bit/RGB)
    If I got to restart PC, it changes. (Uses 144/120hz 8bit/YCbCr422/YCbCr444 - Limited)

Granted i rarely restart the PC, so it's not that much of a headache, but still?

Edit: Will do a DDU, remove the ethernet cable and install 471.22. Start from fresh.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  18. superleeds27

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    DP.

Like I say, it only seem to happen when I've restarted the system, boot from being off is fine.

Googled and seen a few others having this issue but no real reasoning or fix

Did a DDU with ethernet cable out. That all went well. Loaded displaycal with the correct profile, running 8bit/144.

Will see how this goes.

19. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Terrible driverse for Warzone players 471.11 (the same goes to 471.22) big fps loss with those drivers.
    466.77 give +/- 50fps compared to those two.
    Latency:
    471.11 0.12 ms
    466.77 0.05 ms.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there are no issues with these drivers and warzone that isn't caused by the game itself.