Microsoft removes the application to verify Windows 11 requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Excalibur1814

Excalibur1814 Active Member

GPU:
    1660ti
    As above, ONE engineer said that Windows 10 would be the last version. ONE.

MS, however, never corrected him.

Microsoft - We'll listen, eventually, then change.
    Apple - You will have this and like it.

Windows 11 = Free. It's FREE. You neither have to like it, or even use it. But I know that you'll ALL eventually use it. Just think of ALL those Intel mac owners. They'll soon have Windows 11.

Thunk_It likes this.
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Right now it work fine on a intel 2500 (with TPM motherboard and chip) and on a Ryzen 1600... (friend and my set to test W11 build, never test new OS on main computer)
    M$ seem to have lacking of coordination due to the leak...
    "Try yourself seem" to be the best way to see what is wrong from what is right.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Interestingly, today Win11 is showing up as downloadable for me, despite Windows Insider still saying my hardware doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    As I see it, all presumptions, incl statements from MS are null and void until the actual release of 11.

5. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I got latest Insider Windows 11 preview build 10.0.22000.51
    So far it working very well on my
    Intel i5 3570K with no TPM Module or Secure Boot
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 w/16GB
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z
    Love the new Settings Page and Windows 11 seem to be a bit more snapper then Windows 10

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Thunk_It likes this.
  6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    My old X58 board has a TPM header... futureproof, much... xD

7. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I think it more like because of all whine on feedback hub and every where else to and beside they literally lose a large number tester at lease 80% if they had follow thru with those req

8. k3lt

k3lt Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    So i dont meet min. system reqs? I think my motherboard has TPM header but i dont have chip.
    i5-4690 (Haswell) & GA-B85M-D3H. In UEFI i can enable Intel TXT and Secure Boot but no settings regarding TPM. (i guess because missing chip)

[​IMG]

9. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  10. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    Windows 11 works perfectly fine on Haswell (4th gen Intel) and there's no reason why it can't run on older hardware if it were not for the artificial blocks MS puts in the way. I can run Battlefield V fast and smooth on my 2009 build with an x58 chipset, Xeon X5690 (Westmere-EP), 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 980 but Microsoft says it can't handle Windows 11???

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    there is no real technical reason why it cannot RUN. It will run even upon a 64-bit potato as stated in OEM docs (still need to see if SSE 4.1 is really needed or not). The issue is most of people will never be able to install if not meating the insane TPM 2.0 requirement.

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Let's be real, if it can run on a 7th gen Intel processor, performance wise it can run on Sandybridge. You could probably run it okay even on a Core 2 Quad.

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    as for performance, you can run it even on an athlon 64 and DDR1. Issues are 3rd party programs and browser, that eat resources most of time more than a videogame.

scoter man1 likes this.
  14. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    well too bad 6700k owners, time to get that 7700k, it definitely isnt the same cpu!

this is probably how it went down

--intel marketing guys: hey intel//amd marketing team, can you tell us which cpu "gen" meets this criteria? thanks--

scoter man1 likes this.
  15. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    They've relaxed requirements for preview builds, such as CPU model or TPM version.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ing-for-insider-preview-builds-of-windows-11/

As @alanm said, i would disregard any requirements that you have currently seen from Microsoft until it is generally available.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Zen2 = second generation Ryzen. There was some confusion, apparently, about that *cough*. The only question remaining is about the 14nm Zen1 at present. 12nm Zen 1 is apparently good to go. Zen2 & Zen 3 are both 7nm CPUs. I'm running the first beta build of Win11 on Zen2 (3900X) without a problem, and the Win11 checker software passed my system with flying colors. It is somewhat confusing, I'll admit, when we start talking about "generations".

17. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yep, it's free in perpetuity as an upgrade to any retail license in Win10.

Try and imagine the utter confusion--the bedlam--that would have resulted from some Win10 builds having the hardware requirements for Win11, and some W10 builds not requiring them, as is the case for all W10 builds at present. The only way to raise the baseline hardware requirements for W10 was to call it "W11" or something other than "W10", so that the public could tell the difference at a glance. Win10 still has at least 3.5 years of life and support ahead of it, so nobody is being forced into anything he doesn't want. The biggest criticisms that the Apple Macolytes--of the dancing CPUs & translator/emulators fame--like to level at Microsoft is its backwards compatibility. "You cannot get anywhere by remaining compatible with older hardware and software," the Macolytes say, as if constantly junking CPU and hardware and software compatibility a la the Apple Mac is just a joy to be experienced...;) So here is Microsoft attempting to burn a few inconsequential bridges to the past and getting criticized for that, too. Fortunately this is nowhere near as horrid as what Apple seems to enjoy doing every few years!

Anyway, I've been using every one of the W11 hardware requirements for the past 24 months, including fTPM--and a couple of them long before that--so none of this stuff is new to me, and W10 supports all of it. It's really not new at all, is it? MBR, for instance, keeps its code in one place on the drive--GPT writes it on two places per drive--thus GPT is preferred looking ahead. Secure boot is great and against some malware root kits and/or viruses that like to run underneath the system firmware, it is devastating. I've been using it for years & never had a problem with it. People don't understand that a UEFI bios is both faster and more secure than legacy--which is why legacy is called legacy. Ditto the rest of the stuff--I mean, do they even make platter drives as small as 64GBs anymore?

But the good news is that everyone who doesn't want anything to do with these hardware baselines doesn't have to--for at least the 3.5 more years that W10 will be supported and upgraded--and hey, who is Microsoft kidding? If Win10 works like the rest of Microsoft's EOL dates then W10 will be around long past 2025. But I'd just as soon go on with W11, as I suspect this is where the lion's share of Microsoft's OS R&D funding will be spent moving ahead.

18. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    TPM is what will be stopping me from installing it on my 10 or so devices.

19. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I am going to bet adoption for win 11 will be slow maybe even slower what windows 8 was .... Why win 8 failed ? Change of interface to the metro crap that none wanted .... So now microsoft forcing a new ui with touch in mind.... Again? It better be good else people will push back like last time, because people do not like change in general. Then on top of that if you add the tpm .... Are they trying to beat the win8 low adoption rate or they never learn ? They can avoid half contravecies by just adding an optional ui change to the windows 10 theme .... Also spend some time explaining to everyday users why tpm is important for security .