How many people are for or against Weed?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jonnyboy, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Should Weed be Legal?

1. Yes

60.1%
  2. No

30.1%
  3. Maybe

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In the US, it being illegal has less to do with the medicinal properties and more to do with racism and oppression. THC-8, which was unidentified at the time marijuana was banned, is more effective at treating pain than acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin will ever be. THC-8 is just as affective as opioids, with no actual addictive properties. THC-9 is present in marijuana.... THC-8 and THC-9 also function as muscle relaxers.... If THC-8 wasn't tested for by my employer, I'd be taking it instead of actual narcotic medications..... (THC-8 and THC-9 are detected by the same drug test. THC-8 is legal in most states in the US, while THC-9 is not)
    I could see where you'd form the opinion that it's illegal because of Big Pharma, since it treats a wide range of conditions that Big Pharma profits heavily from....

There is so much medical research being done now because it was publicly proven that THC possess medicinal properties far exceeding anything that Big Pharma has produced. THC-9 is more effective at treating epilepsy than any medication currently produced by Big Pharma....and that was demonstrated publicly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Passus likes this.
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You misunderstand what I was replying to: 'big pharma' is the one doing the research, so that kinda nullified the point of

Or does it not?

3. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    It helps soldiers with PTSD also, didn't read all of these so sorry if someone else mentioned.

4. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

I always thought the main reason it was originally outlawed was because hemp would have (and should have) replaced all the paper, cloth, rope, etc stuff back in the early 1900s.

Good thing it is illegal though, I hear it makes teenager have satanic sex orgies.

ZXRaziel and DirtyMiners like this.

5. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    And us geriatrics, we do that too

tfam26 and DirtyMiners like this.
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've never heard anything about Big Pharma doing research concerning THC or marijuana.... Big Pharma has historically opposed legalization of THC.....and been a proponent of banning any naturally occurring vegetation that may have the potential to replace their crap drugs, as well as documentation there of....

tfam26 likes this.
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yet, in my drug cupboard is completely legal THC from a big pharmaceutical...

Airbud and Ryu5uzaku like this.
  8. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    And you get high from it?

9. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I'm giving up alcohol at the end of the year so weed is my only vice.

tfam26 likes this.
  10. Muggle

Muggle Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX
    I'm not against it, but I also don't feel the need to smoke. I feel like being high isn't anything special.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If I overdosed - according to the literature, I would.

My condition does not need as much to medicate me.

Airbud likes this.
  12. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I don’t smoke weed or anything of that sort , and I don’t think I ever will, I don’t smoke or drink alcohol .
    BUT making this stuff illegal it’s pointless.
    Adults have the right to make their own choices, if someone wants to smoke weed they will do it no matter what .
    prohibition did not stop people from drinking alcohol.
    Criminalisation have helped the criminals that are profiting from the drug sales . There is no regulation or quality control dangerous chemicals are used , no taxation .
    If it was legalised , the consumers would be better protected from unscrupulous criminals ( using additives to improve the yield and adding weight ) and exploitation + government can earn taxes .
    What gets me is the hypocrites that are happy to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes which are very harmful , (some studies show that even more harmful than weed ) but they want ban on marijuana . Dumb selfish people.
    I could not care less what the guy or girl next door enjoy as long as they are responsible and keep it to them selfs - not endanger no one else . It’s just common sense not to drive a car stoned for example , I know some do but so do drunk drivers , that should be prosecuted no doubt there .
    Humans have been doing these mind altering journeys for thousands of years and I can tell you they will not stop .
    If I was worried about drugs weed would be at the bottom of my list .

Airbud and alanm like this.
  13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Huge difference between driving stoned vs driving drunk. Alcohol dulls the senses and awareness and results in accidents. Weed is the opposite, it heightens the senses and awareness *when you want it to be*, ie, in situations that require focus, like in driving. I feel totally comfortable driving when stoned, but cant say the same about alcohol. Why do you think when drivers are pulled over for being intoxicated, they are given breathalyzer tests or alcohol impairment tests? They dont check your urine for weed/THC levels.

p.s. I should add that I would not like to drive being 'very high' on weed, it would make a bit paranoic, although it would certainly make me more careful while driving. This applies to me, others may feel differently. I would prefer to be in a more relaxed setting when stoned.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    big ROBOT bill and ZXRaziel like this.
  14. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I am not an “ expert “ but I believe that there are different types of weed with different effects , also as with everything people sometimes react to the same thing in a different way to another person as we are all little bit different .
    All I know is that I personally would not drive or ride if I was not feeling right and capable , just a common sense .
    Official policy is that weed will slow down your reaction time so I would not risk driving after use if that was me .
    Currently there is no test kit available as far as I know that could be used on the road side.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Which big pharmaceutical company?'
    THC-8 is legal in most states. THC-9 is what is actually in marijuana, and is illegal... THC-8, from my understanding, takes a higher dose than THC-9 to get "high"...
    THC-8 is what smaller pharmaceutical companies are researching.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    https://www.gwpharm.co.uk/
    delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol

17. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    DirtyMiners and Airbud like this.
  18. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Long enough, you can muck around quite a bit, it's sort of nicely blissfull. I bought a controller to play it with :)

19. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Long enough, you can muck around quite a bit, it's sort of nicely blissfull. I bought a controller to play it with :)

DirtyMiners likes this.
  20. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Weed just got legalized in Virginia @ 12:00AM July 1st 2021.

Now, I need to get weed from somewhere. There are a couple people I know who might have some weed.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    DirtyMiners and Airbud like this.