Windows 11 - Leaked Ahead of Launch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jun 15, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Screenshot (31).png Screenshot (30).png

Apparently my system does support TPM 2.0? so the must be some other reason why my system isnt supported as enabled PTT does show the above if PTT is off there is no processor security.

Core isolations - Memory integrity is off thought of all the windows 10 clean install I done i never see ever on by default and i never bother to turn it cause he have enough things kill performance these days.

But i just dont buy what MS try to push, 6700k can't run windows 11? I think this more of ploy to get people to buy new pc, there no way i buy a new pc or build one with how prices are.

I was gona buy new gpu IF i could find one for MSRP but I stopped when I realized DVI card gone and gpu tend to have 1 Hdmi these days and 3 DP which mean I would have choose to have monitor or tv connected or buy new monitor.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    KissSh0t likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I refuse to buy jim carrey let alone watch his stuff :rolleyes:

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just realized he says her not here.. haha.. but you get what I mean, it's about selling new hardware that also has new security features.

I wonder how popular pirated versions of 11 will be because of these decisions.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My son's i5 6600K has a TPM2 module installed and is "incompatible"....but yet, there are Celeron and Pentium processors that are noticeably slower that are "compatible" even without feature differences.

MS is using artificial limitations in an attempt to drive hardware sales.....

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    bought as popular as win 10 and win7 where that will never change

That make more sense cause obviously they are not "hard" requirments other wise people would not be able to install threw VM. I wont buy new system any time soon, hypothetically my uncles i5 8500 and my cousins 10500 are support but i guarantee TPM is not enable and they will not be bother to enabled to actual install it.

Fact that 2 year surface that cause how much for high end ones arnt able to "install" win 11 is proof in of it self, they want people to buy new hardware.

If MS is give window away from for but at same time people need to get new hardware i am sure MS will get some kick back or what ever you want to call it when hardware vendors when there profits go cause what MS is doing and trying to do when there is chip shortage and prices are all jacked up multiple reason real scummy.

AS for PTT I left it on it been off all this time I would assume it isnt gona cause and performance issues, or atlest not ont he order of performance hit all the spectre/meltdown patchs caused people

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    MS charges OEMs for Windows licenses, so they stand to profit from the sale of new PCs. That's why the requirements are what they are. The fewer "supported" processors, the more sales. That's the only reason to exclude Core Gen 6 and Gen 7, as well as Ryzen 1000 series. Core Gen 8 and newer are based on Core Gen 6.....and Ryzen 1000 series has the same feature set as Ryzen 2000 series. So, there's no technical reason for those processors to be "unsupported"...

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    You know that I know that most people know this, question does us know this in any way deter MS from doing it?

Only time I ever seen MS do 180 turn is when it was involvling there consoles, ON PC side thing it most frack you all this what we doing. and the general get away with it cause MS has monopoly on all thing PC seeing allmost ALL system run Windows in some way

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Windows8 and 8.1 should pretty much prove that nothing deters MS from doing what they've decided is best for everyone else.....except money.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Now that I think about it... It makes sense now why AMD dropped so many video cards from driver support also, they obviously knew ahead of time about Windows 11 and what they were doing with cpu's.

11. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    i installed
    Windows 11 Pro (22000.51)
    on my old i7 4790 Haswell(B85m-e/BR), now I'm going to install it on my Ryzen 5 1600AE, then I'll come back here to tell you the news, it's working perfectly without TPM2.0 or PTT !

Attached Files: