Performance boost for most games.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, May 11, 2014.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    reslore, Valken and Anomander like this.
  2. Anomander

Anomander Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    boy oh boy, this loaded so smoothly and is listing all the executables that I have in the registry (before it was showing just 3 I guess because of the error it stopped) and now it's 10 and 2 of them disabled. To me it looks perfect. Thank you very much for the effort!

mbk1969 likes this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Thank you for the QA work. Because of you app became more robust and reliable.

-Tj- likes this.
  4. meph

meph New Member

Will this util work with UPX compressed exes?

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Any boost for cod warzone?

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It should. When compressed exe-file is loaded it has to be un-compressed.

PS And utility works with registry. The tweak itself works with image loader (executable file loader).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  7. meph

meph New Member

del

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    The search pane has its own button "Add". You have to check the needed exe-files in search panel and then click "Add" button in upper right corner.
    The button "Add" on the left pane is for manual adding of exe-file names to registry.

9. meph

meph New Member

del

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    In the search text box you have to type the path of the folder where to search for exe-files.
    Then you have to click the "Search" button - that should start the search of exe-files in typed folder.
    Then you have to check the needed exe-files (found during the search) and click the "Add" button.

If you know the name of exe-file you can type it on the left pane and click "Add" button on the left pane - without any search.

PS
    And 7-zip has its own setting for large page tweak.

Skinner likes this.

11. meph

meph New Member

Thanx, now I figured out how to add.

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Aha, now its working, thanks :)

mbk1969 likes this.
  13. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've been tinkering with this.

Seems like you can just tag executables with the large page loader flag. Which is a shame, if the exe is mostly just a loader that reels in a shitload of DLLs, that'll still use small pages. Which is the case with a lot of games, where tons of third party libraries with sophisticated functionality are used and could probably profit from that.

14. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Just applying this setting to ntoskrnl.exe and svchost.exe lowerd my dpc latency by a decent and reliable margin using LatencyMon.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it didn't.

16. No idea about the large page setting affecting those specifically, but I took those same two executable and disabled all exploit protections on them, and it cut my highest-reported latency (ntoskrnl) in-half (800 to 400).

17. meph

meph New Member

how did you disable exploit protections?
    1. Btw what`s the best way to see if utility works - what benchmark or simple game should I run to see difference?
    2 .So is it true that Win exes will benefit from the flag as mentioned above?

18. Windows Security, and somewhere in there is a page for Exploit protection. On the first tab there will be settings for things like Control Flow Guard and ALSR, and there's another tab for Programs. Click Programs, and you can manually add exploit settings for individual applications.

In my case, I set a custom app on the program name "ntoskrnl.exe", toggled-on all the settings (override system settings), and made sure they were all set to off.

I don't believe I really noticed a different in any other games/apps, but I set those overrides for every game and VR app I use just to feel a bit better :p I used LatencyMon to see overall system DPC latency.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pointless.

20. Pointless how?

Real-world, I notice no difference. But LatencyMon seemed to report about half the latency with 4 tests with reboots.