Microsoft will announce Windows 11 today, you can watch the announcement here

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2021.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Had same issue...looks like tpm is disabled by default in the bios....you need to enable it yourself.

Lily GFX likes this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Funny how so many here think that if they dont have a TPM 2.0 module they wont be able to install W11. MS is not that stupid to kill 90% of their windows market with such a requirement. There are bios settings for Intel systems that offer Intel PTT and a similar thing for AMD (fTPM) tht substitute for TPM. I installed the W11 alpha last week and despite its TPM 2.0 warning that my system is not compatible without it, I installed it easily once I did 5min of research.

Lily GFX likes this.
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No option to enable PTT in the BIOS?
    Intel added it back in 2013 or so...
    On AMD boards it is called fTPM

Kinda weird issue with that keyboard, must be rather old when it bugs with CSM disabled.
    Running strict UEFI has it's advantages, especially for storage operations.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well I am running Uefi and Secure boot according to Hwinfo i just have CSM on

I have PTT in the bios it is disabled though, but like said my board dont actual have module and i not gona go buy one

And I do have my OS drive as GPT

Keyboard is Corsair K55, it been while since i messed with it. no point in messing with either seeing dont have tpm module and i wont buy one

HAHA i just test again i dont have to worry about the Keyboard not working till it in windows, cause my Monitor dont even disable boot screen I think that was other reason why I kept CSM on, the screen dont even show till the "welcome" screen is there

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Integrated firmware into BIOS such as PTT or fTPM is a requirement though, besides that they have to support TPM 2, but shouldn't be an issue unless one runs with an ancient motherboard in which case it still is possible to work around it.
    W10 Insiders will even be able moving to upcoming W11 dev channel build without meeting the requirements.

Lily GFX likes this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just used the PC Health App, and my system isn't ready for Windows 11.

Intel Core i7 11700
    ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
    Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Creative SoundBlaster ZxR
    Crucial P5 1TB
    Crucial BX500 1TB
    Crucial BX500 2TB

I guess Windows 11 is a heavy Windows 10 skin to run ^^

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Enable PPT and you should be fine, should be no need for a module.

As for the K55, moving it to another set of USB ports should fix that issue, supposing it's firmware is up to date.
    I had issues with Corsair Keyboards in the past, isolating them to their own set of USB ports solved the issues, just using the slowest on my board for it.
    That allowed me to disable CSM and have all my drives as GPT instead of MBR.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok well Keyboard works with it off, but my actual problem is

IF CSM is disabled Bios post and bios screen all get outputted to my UHDTV which HDMI and not my Montior which is DVI, only if I unplug the HDMI from TV it does Bios and Boot up screen show on my Monitor. Most card these days support 1 HDMI and 2 + DP and maybe dvi.

I cant swap HDMI to my Monitor cause then I have no way to connect my TV and I have both connected at same time, which inconvenience to and probably why i left it last messed with it

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It is interesting that people do believe Microsoft will drop 80% of users not having tpm v2.0. They will make billions to switch to Linux before 2025 if they have not the money to upgrade. Noob Nadella, is he even legit this moron?

Billions of users have tpm 1.2 or lower or none. They need a vegan milkshake soon.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Go into your BIOS, enable PPT and make sure your running in UEFI mode and not CSM.

Lily GFX likes this.

11. schilperoordbas

schilperoordbas Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX Merc BE
    I like what they did with the taskbar. It makes it look a bit more modern and there's still an option to put it to the left if people don't like it centered. I'm disappointed though that there's still no overhaul of the File Explorer.

By the way, if I upgrade to the W11 insider preview am I able to upgrade to Windows 11 final version from that or do I need to do a clean installation once its available?

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Will those billion of users who run with machines that are that old even benefit much moving to Windows 11?
    I think we are back at Sandy Bridge, even with systems that old it is still possible to add it either via firmware or a module, but with the lack of M.2, DDR4 and loads of other new features it might be rather pointless.

itpro likes this.
  13. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    Tested the PC Health Check tool.
    Without fTPM on MSI X570 MB + 5900X and no go. Turned on fTPM in bios and then all good.
    ASUS X570 MB + 3900X passed too after turning fTPM on.
    (Not 100% sure but I think it does not encrypt anything unless you use BitLocker too.)

Have some couple laptops and desktops with Intel but not test yet.
    Desktops are 8th and 9th gen I think, but laptops are older I think.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/06/24/introducing-windows-11/
    Insider > Next Week - Retail > No date yet just soon
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/24/windows-11-the-best-windows-ever-for-gaming/
    Looks like Auto HDR and DirectStorage is Win11 only at the moment.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2021/06/24/what-windows-11-means-for-developers/
    SDR > Auto HDR > Native HDR
    [​IMG]

SDR 100 nits I think.:confused:
    Looks like Auto HDR reach 700 nits or so.:)
    Native HDR 1000-1200 nits or so.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well even IF PTT is enabled and CSM is disable my system is not able to install win 11, They need to remove the TPM requirement

That and Disable CSM is not option. cause I have my TV connected via HDMI and Monitor connected via DVI if TV is connect the bios and post screen all get out putted to my TV, I would have disconnect my TV HDMI to see bios and post screen on my Monitor, which inconvenience to

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't wanna enable tpm on my procreating drive, useless piece of junk that slows down everything. same as secure boot that creates more headaches than the problems it solves. any real official statement from Microsoft requiring tpm 2.0 from a microsoft domain?
    plus.. I just wanna remember not all MB have a tpm 2.0 header and not all countries allows MBs selling with tpm support (biggest sample: russia)

all I read here is junk words outside official sources AND some requirements for the first thing I disable after a clean install: Defender.

no sources.
    or it runs or it does not.
    these are just requirements for OEMs.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing