GeForce 466.77 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    All normal here after Resizeable BAR update but I have the AORUS 3090 Xtreme,
    thou I do not overclock it still pulls about 400 to 420 on some games and rendering.
    I do not have Flight Sim so unable to test if it is unstable with a OC above the
    factory one.

Not sure it matter but when updating did you update OC bios with the OC version
    and Silent bios with the Silent version?
    Also what is the switch currently set to, BIOS OC or Silent?
    I guess it is set to OC and you checked that already :)
    [​IMG]

tty8k likes this.
  2. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Sorry for the late reply. I went to the Nvidia site and got 466.77. It installed correctly and is working fine. As an added bonus, this seemed to correct a problem that has been nagging me for over a year - my old OpenGL programs started working correctly again. I decided I had enough of the nonsense and was going to fix them last weekend only to find out they actually work again. That was a very nice suprise. Thanks!

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  3. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    My previous remarks were premature. As it turns out, 466.77 works well on my laptop with a 2070 but my OpenGL programs are still broken with it on a 3090 in a desktop machine. I tried the programs on my other laptop with a 3080 which still has 465.89 and they work fine on it. I think I will stay with those on that one and I will try reverting the desktop's drivers.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

5. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    On the machine that does not work right (3090) the image is drawn correctly on its initial display. Then, if I move it in any way (with the mouse), the image displays once and then it is never seen again.

It would not surprise me if a setting is causing this. I will give that option a try. FWIW, the programs work fine on a 970, 1080ti, 2070, and 3080. It is only on the 3090 that there is a problem. Also the 1080ti uses W7 and the others run W10 and are laptops except the 3090 is in a desktop machine running W10.

Thanks for the suggestion.