Samsung announces its first Exynos with AMD RDNA2 GPU in July

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DannyD, BlindBison, Embra and 2 others like this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    im so fed up with desktop pc gaming in the summer,im drowning in ball soup even after a 1-2hr session (all my windows face south,it's just incredibly hot inside in the afternoon).
    thought about either a gaming laptop (not gonna happen in the end,would have to sell desktop),or a gaming phone.thought about poco F3 - already have x3 and it's great for less demanding games,but lacks power to really get into serious mobile gaming.

I wonder if samsung&amd will be targetting that upper mid range price range.

3. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF

Why don't you get a portable aircon or something?
    Or getting aircon isn't an option for you?

4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    First, look for a company that sells UV protecting film for windows. It's not very expensive to isolate a couple windows and the most efficient way to start with.
    second, portable AC is cheap but not the most efficient. You'll have to direct a tube for hot air outside anyway. If you need an efficient heat source in the winter too I recommend getting a good unit installed at your home: cold air in the summer, warm winter.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I think you missed the point? PC gaming is incredibly inefficient. My PC with RTX3080 draws up to 600 Watts lmao and room often gets too warm even in winter time (northern Europe here). It's crazy when compared to XSX or PS5 which consume about 3x less power but provide very comparable visuals to my PC, so most of the time in summer time I just don't bother with PC gaming because it's unbearable. And yes I agree that AC is a must nowadays because climate change makes summers in Europe more and more unbearable.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

So buy a console, move or quit crying.

Try living where I do for heat, and A/C that doesn't work in my room.

And I have a threadripper, my gaming rig, which is a full loop, and my HTPC plus my work bench as well. Don't see me on here crying.

7. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Drop the power limit down on your 3080? The frequency scaling on the new RTX cards is terrible, you can probably cut 40% of the power and keep 90%+ of the performance.

HandR likes this.
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    @cucaulay malkin
    Being from Saudi Arabia, I don't think it would make a big difference which direction the window faced haha.
    Depending how close your PC is to the window, you can always get a tube to exhaust the heat outside. I've done that before - it actually makes a pretty big difference.
    Remember - the amount of watts your computer consumes is proportionate to the amount of heat that an electric radiator would produce. So if you've got a system that consumes 500W on average, it's going to get toasty, and your AC is going to have to compete with that.

Actually it's IR protecting film that he needs. Glass naturally blocks most UV rays anyway, and UV doesn't heat things up anywhere near as much as IR (which readily passes through unfiltered glass). Most of the heat we feel from the sun is IR.

9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's not the computer,it's the sun in the windows.
    got three windows here,no trees for shade,just blazing sun all afternoon.
    no I'm not from saudi arabia

thanks for the tip,but I'll pass.the other side of the coin is I can use that sun all year round apart from the summer when I usually just sit outside in the garden or under tress,got plenty of space around the house.

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    But that's the thing - get IR filters and it'll make an immense difference.
    lol I misread your location in your profile, though, considering your dyslexic username, I guess that was the point.

11. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Who's crying? Do you even know how discussion forums work? I'm just sharing my experience, how the hell did you reach conclusion that I'm crying? 35C summer heat for nothern europeans is unnatural, just like -20C and 1 meter of snow would be unnatural to people living in Africa or south east Asia.

12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    lol that is the point
    cucaulay malkin from audi sarabia
    im from poland (that's europe from the ones from the us)

I'll think about the filters,though I'll be removing them after the summer cause I like the sun and it warms up the room in the autumn or early spring nicely.

gentlemen,we have an alpha male here.

good point
    250w for the card was borderline for me,and I always tried to buy a power efficient cpu
    im really satisfied with 10700F,for gaming efficiency it's absolutely amazing with b-die ram,but current gen cards are absolutely dreadful.6800 is pretty good in therms of perf/wat but 6800xt onwards is just insane.
    https://www.computerbase.de/2021-06...st/3/#diagramm-performance-pro-watt-2560-1440

230w in gaming is really good for a card that leaves 2080ti in the dust in traditional rasterization,though multimonitor and video playback power numbers are twice as high as ampere.
    https://www.computerbase.de/2021-06...nitt_leistungsaufnahme_spiele_youtube_desktop

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  13. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I definitely think one can complain about the flaws they perceive in a given setup or product while still feeling overall it's worth doing.

Consoles would just have a different set of things to complain about like higher priced games broadly speaking and a horrible paid online fee so it's pros and cons.

I really don't agree or understand comments like yours here, almost no setup or product is going to be perfect and complaints are often valid at least to the individual. PC gaming is indeed pretty inefficient with respect to certain things -- until direct storage comes along we've got a worse asset streaming pipeline for example and it is pretty nuts how much power a modern high end PC will draw.

Seems to me your comment in this case is asinine to level with you. In your comment you pull the ole "Your problems don't matter because my life is worse, try walking in my shoes bucko, I never complain", but that whole line of reasoning is deeply flawed because one person's life being worse than another doesn't mean either person has a net positive life or that the person with the easier life has nothing valid to complain about.

If we say that someone should be happy because another person has it worse than they do then we should also say that one should be sad because another person has it better than they do, the reasoning is just nonsensical.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    AuerX and cucaulay malkin like this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    i think he just wanted to brag about that threadripper,just needed a reason to mention it

[​IMG]

15. Ojref

Ojref Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    Anyone else find it hilarious that AMD's newest APU's are still based on Vega while Samsung is getting RDNA2?

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    From the article:
    Its success will depend on the adoption by the developers, since being only present in a small number of [GPUs], the extra effort on the part of the developers may not be justified and we will not see Ray-Tracing or variable shading rate more than a limited number of titles.

Sounds exactly like nVidia's RTX-2k, doesn't it?...;) (substituted "GPUs for "mobiles'.) I don't see how anyone can get excited about tiny little screens for graphics displays, no matter how good they might be. In 1986 I was using a 13" monitor (C=) and I thought that was way too small, then...;) Just can't get excited over tiny little cell-phone graphics screens.

Ojref likes this.