Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It started with Halo 5, absolutely horrible design... and I say this as an artist.

That said, the new ai thing in Infinite is not Cortana.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

It's her sister from the books.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've not read the books, or even played Halo 5, only watched video of it... PC gamer waiting for PC games xD

Party Poison likes this.
  4. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Yea I never played 5 either, I'm gonna have to watch the cutscenes to see what happened lol

5. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    It's because little kids are the demographic. Women have done and said a lot of crap that doesn't make any sense just to make video games appropriate for 8 year old Timmy and his virgin eyes.

If it weren't for the main demographic we'd have hardcore sex simulators right now all over Steam running in Unreal Engine 4 with ray tracing and 8k textures. I mean seriously who else gonna play video games all afternoon, spring break, and summer?

The only game I can think of where the main demographic is teenagers and adults is Kayne and Lynch. Good luck getting a game like that anymore.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm not quite sure how anything you just wrote has any relevance to how terrible the redesign of Cortana is in Halo 5.

7. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I'm telling you the reason behind the redesign.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Lets face it. The free to play multiplayer is where Microsoft is hoping to make money. The actual paid single player is just an afterthought.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Halo games are rated Mature, and Halo 5 is rated T for teens, not for little 8 year old kids.

The design of Cortana in Halo 5 is terrible, you are saying the reason the design is terrible is because it was rated T for teens?

I am leaning towards the reasons being whoever was in charge of designing the Halo 5 version of Cortana did a terrible job, I can say this because... well it's terrible, they did a terrible job, she looks horrible.

Now lets look at another popular video game that is rated T for teens.. Fortnite, arguably one of the most popular video games of our time, this video game has a lot of very nicely designed characters, they obviously have some very good character designers working at epic games.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You can tell that by how average Infinite looks on the Series X. The game have been reworked and reworked for last gen consoles and was then moved over to the X.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's cortana, but its not chiefs Cortana

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

13. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Every time I say something like this somebody has to bring up the rating.

First off not everybody is YOU and a lot of parents buy M rated games for their kids. You may not buy an M rated game for your kids but other parents do. I was playing Halo 1 when I was 12 years old.

The vast majority of people you meet in online games are pre-teens. Which is one reason why I never stayed in a guild in Guild Wars 2 and gave up on joining one.

If I watched an Alien movie and then play Halo afterwards then how in the hell do I not see the fact that this game is meant for kids? I mean just look at the damn design of the convenient. 343 talks to their fanbase like they are children BECAUSE THEY ARE LITERAL CHILDREN. I'm not being sarcastic.

Idk why people think age ratings matter in these AAA high budget games when it comes to the age demographic. The vast majority of people buying these games are parents for their kids.

Have you seen the character DLC/skins in CoD:WW2?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    cerebus23 likes this.
  14. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

if you are playing club penguin maybe.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  15. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    hokay oijhndgap[ojksngfrplokjsafndhgplkfadsnh[lkasdfnmh

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hey guys, remember the codes that were in the discover hope trailer?

Some people figured out that they were gamepass codes, but they are also Windows XP cdkeys, i recognised a few immediately from VLK key leaks XD

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

good talk

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    And the worst Halo Infinite take goes to PC Gamer's Steven Messner.

[​IMG]

While were at it lets kill Doom Guy.... and any other main character in a video game.... maybe Naughty Dog really is onto something by killing the main character. everyone loves.

*stares off into the distance*

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    That's just some journalistic, pretentious crap, to clickbait.
    Halo might not be as good as it once was, but that doesn't justify killing of Master Chief.
    It just means that 343 needs to do a better job.

20. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Suggesting there is no way for the Halo series to retire the Chief by any other way than him dying is exceptionally uncreative from Messner. Plus, the Chief was semi-killed off after Halo 3 already, so I feel the series has already played that card. "Yeah but for real this time" might not even be convincing enough. Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach already showed us that the Halo universe doesn't need the Chief to be attractive - it shouldn't be too hard to introduce a new player character. Could easily be similar to the Chief, if that's what the series requires from its protagonist - it's not like he's an exceptionally rich tapestry of writing.

I think one of the main draws to the Master Chief is that he's been with gamers for 20 years now. We've been on a lot of inspiring adventures together with him, and that's hard to replace. But in terms of in-universe canon, I think it'd be fine if at some point after Halo: Infinite the series found a way to move on, but leave the battered and bruised Spartan out of it.