Flat Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Like we are coming up with answers in Flat Earth polemic? WTH...

If this is driving some of the 'intellectuals' mad, it's not for their lack of answers. Or because they have to come up with answers - they don't. It's for the same reason you get mad when ppl drink bleach to cure covid.

Nothing good or productive is coming out of this:
    Not only no one is obliged to provide you with the truth. Not only the truth is already at the tip of your fingers, but anyone trying to provide them with the truth is 'enemy' by definition, and if we were to bring back Albert Einstein from the dead he'd sent off as paid shill as well.

Only thing we can possibly learn from FE polemic are the aspects of human nature.
    Personally I don't think it comes down to desire to be contrarian. No one will switch to contrarian position knowing they're wrong.

I think that most of all it's laziness and desire to shortcut your way to knowledge - why should I read hundreds of boring pages that every STEM student is reading,
    combined with exceptional lack of humility and self-awareness - when I could I just skip all that AND COME AHEAD OF EVERYONE by just watching a YouTube video.

AsiJu and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    It is wrong to call someone stupid for asking questions. I completely agree. It is however a complete waste of time and energy to entertain bogus subjects based on ridiculous conspiracies. The problem we have today is that a HUGE portion of our population truly believes all the nonsense that is shown on YouTube and false media. Many of these people never left their hometown, state or country but yet they are experts at everything because they have a Wikipedia diploma. So many folks have a "buddy" that said this or that. :rolleyes: It is actually sad and scary to witness the amount of people that actually believe this crap. A person can provide education, experiences, examples, videos and pictures of factual data but yet people will still deny the truth due to avoid admitting their wrong and feeling embarrassed.

A huge part of our population are living isolated and in panic due to fear. These crazy subjects are being parroted continuously. The conspiracy train goes beyond a healthy debate. Some of this stuff is just plain madness. There is nothing intellectual about it.

When you travel and meet people all over the globe while learning about different cultures and technology, you will clearly see how awesome mankind can be. No Aliens from other worlds. :rolleyes:;):)

There are so many factual subjects human beings could discuss along with executed plans to make this world a better place.

DirtyMiners, AsiJu and Noisiv like this.
  3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Your post is better than mine. :p

Airbud likes this.
  4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    actually you said things that I wanted to say :)

Airbud likes this.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Mostly because it isn't left at the 'thinking' part. They take every opportunity to tell everyone what they believe, the net result is the species as a whole is less intelligent

Earth not being flat is not so much a 'narrative' as a measurable proven fact so pushing against THAT is stupid. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or access to knowledge. Stupid is having access to the knowledge and choosing to believe in something else because it goes against the established facts and as Noisiv said flat earthers are not contributing to the zeitgheist with their belief and 'questions', they are not generating questions that require deeper thinking and solution solving. We have known that the Earth wasn't flat for the best part of... well since man could look at the moon and comprehend it with a degree of lateral and rational thinking.

TheDigitalJedi and AsiJu like this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Few months ago I saw a guy leaning up against a wall sucking away on a cigarette, now to your average person this would seem like a normal thing to see out in the world right?

The thing about this individual was that this wall the individual was leaning on had a sign right next to the individual stating no smoking allowed within a certain distance of the building.. now this is also kind of a normal thing to see out in the world, you see this all the time at the shops for example, but this time it wasn't at the shops, it was at the hospital... and the specific building the sign was attached to was the lung cancer clinic, What's the point of me even writing this?

Some people are so stupid, you can tell them the truth, you can show them the truth, but their stupidity will always stop them from understanding what they are being told and what the are seeing, what things do, how thing act, the outcome of certain actions, and reality.

Airbud, TheDigitalJedi and AsiJu like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @KissSh0t
    I would go as far as alot people are stupid or just dont care. In the above case? they cant read and are to stupid to care.

The earth cant be flat, like said i been proven 100's of years ago

Brasky likes this.
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Amen. And I wouldnt call OP a troll either, lots of ppl believe in controversial or preposterous things. You could say majority of the world, lol (religion).

rflair likes this.
  9. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    And what should I do, come with with a, lol (evolution, flat earth)? Seriously, do not mock that which you know little to nothing about, as in, Christ himself. :) Flat earth does not work because the other planets in the system are not flat and for evolution to work, it would have to have been designed that way so.......

TheDigitalJedi and itpro like this.
  10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    minds warped if you think earth is flat.

DirtyMiners, TheDigitalJedi and itpro like this.

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Many people operate on basic perception , what their senses tell them, what they have been raised to
    believe; so yes I find it fascinating to hear these people explain flat earth.
    And what don't give these people a voice, get over yourselves.

Airbud and tfam26 like this.
  12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I'm calling Holy Inquisition. These opinions based on nothing are trash. If earth was flat, is there any alien technology that prevents planes, water, ships, to fall out? If it was really flat unless we are a global warp gate, you cannot return where you began. WTF, have you finished even elementary?:D

DirtyMiners likes this.
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Flat smat...I am telling you all, were are in a snow globe on some alien's desk.

[​IMG]

rflair and DirtyMiners like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is a simulation

DirtyMiners likes this.
  15. Yep, here comes the ultimate truth... there is no Earth!

16. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

100%

Anyone getting upset and lashing out over this type of thing on any side you have to ask them:

"Who are you trying to convince?" ;)

On the top, I'll never understand why so many people feel indebted to institutions like NASA or flat earth and defend them with borderline cultist mentality. Just say "Interesting, I disagree but thanks for sharing man." and grab a beer together and move on. But really, only mediocre and below people need to make themselves feel smart by slamming someone else... I suppose I just did the same thing though. A lot of irony in this thread including my comment here!

Airbud and alanm like this.
  17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If the Earth was flat, those same people would be round earthers. You just can't win.

Airbud likes this.
  18. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    exactly!...these people strive to remain relevant?...show them a fact and they will accuse you of lying or call you <insert another offending word> ...

The dude with the megaphone is lying his ass off!....now ask yourself this question, who gave him the megaphone?

Answer: Big media did....there is no money unless there is a conspiracy theory.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    tfam26 likes this.
  19. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

In the meantime ladies and gents, it comes down to either trusting some drug addled hippies on youtube or a 24 billion dollar a year corporation that really doesn't produce anything tangibly useful.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Or perhaps studying things a bit and using reason to decide for yourself.

Applies to all things universally btw.