Mini LED based ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX available end of June 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DannyD and tunejunky like this.
  2. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    And then I saw the price.....

Maddness likes this.
  3. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    A little bit too expensive.
    You can get a nice Samsung Neo QLED for that price (double the size for the same price)
    I know, it's a big TV and not a gaming monitor. And that's my point, it's more or less a bigger PG32UQX without a few gimmick OSD things but it should be roughly equal to it. Someone is having a nice margin on its product.

4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Monitors have become the biggest joke, for the fact i could get 3 LG CX OLED's for the same price makes me laugh, who cares about possible burn in when chances are its still going to be cheaper!

I keep looking to update my monitor the PG279Q that i got about 5/6 years ago for £550, monitors haven't gone down in price since then they have only gone up by crazy amounts, even the new asus one that is meant to replace this one is a cool £700-800, with some very minor updates. honestly if LG ever release a 35inch OLED around these price brackets no one will look at a monitor heck people are aleady looking at TVs now as they're just so much cheaper

5. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    Wow that price! I'll stick with my PG279Q then, still a great monitor and has served me well! It's not like my 1080ti could handle this beast anyway

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I just want a 4k 165+ hz monitor with g-sync and very low latency, and displayport 2.0 or hdmi 2.1. I dont want local dimming, and i dont care about HDR, both of which makes the price explode.

7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I would love this in a 27" 144Hz+ 1440P monitor. The extra contrast would be wonderful in darker games but without the burn in issues OLED brings. The cost of mini LED backlights isn't that much so this price will come down over time especially as other vendors make competing products. I certainly wont be early adopting but a mini LED backlight monitor is going to be bought in the next couple years.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lol you want this monitor, except you want a 27" 1440p monitor...

9. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    So I spent maybe $1200-1300 USD on an Acer 4k 32" gysnc IPS back in early 2016... at the time, and even now, that feels like an absurd amount to spend on monitor. It's not a direct comparison since it was IPS and limited to 60hz gysnc... that said, it does showcase some outrageous price creep for very little improvement in technology/quality.

10. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    What? It only 3.5 kiloeuros. :p

11. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I very much doubt many people will buy this. Even if it were cheaper it's still missing HDMI 2.1 and in this day and age where we have PS5 and XBSX, that's just not an option.

Maddness and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    LOL yeah. Same everything else which I know the panel is kind of a big peace:)

13. Another GSync monitor? NVIDIA should either abandon GSync or let AMD use it via licensing. I was hoping that NVIDIA is actually abandoning it when they started adding FreeSync monitors to their drivers. This forced splitting of monitor market is unacceptable.

14. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Why G-Sync not what everybody thought it was? Or more than likely, it's not working like it should or thought it should.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    HDMI 2.0

This is not the monitor we are looking for...

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Three and a half grand for a 32" screen. And people say OLED is expensive. F*ck off Asus. Honestly, if you have money to burn because you're playing Premier League football, this might be alright, but otherwise, this is a joke.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Big fail on this, for obvious reasons. You'd expect them to give a flying f*ck and have 2.1 onboard. But no. That will come next year, for a measly 4,000 smackaroos.

18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I can buy an LG 48inch OLED, try to cause as much burn-in as possible, then buy another and still not reach the outrageous price of the PG32UQX. Complete asinine!

carnivore likes this.
  19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    3.5K EU...

JyiuhoO.gif

carnivore likes this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Go to the monitor section of these forums and you will see my choice in big beautiful colors