Flat Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Jun 14, 2021.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Then why wouldn't the air float to the top of the dome (flat earth speak) and we would have a lower concertation at ground level but instead the opposite happens?

tfam26 likes this.
  2. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Man made religion is neither scams nor about belief, it is just people trying to think they can reach out to god in their own way and measure up with their own efforts. However, the Living and Holy God, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is is the Son of God, is all about knowing Him and being saved from the eternal consequences of our sins, through His sacrifice and life. (No religion but instead, an actual relationship.) If you want to use the word believe, it is and therefore, I believe. Believing in something does not make it so, it either is or is not.

As for the flat earth, nothing in the Word of God teaches that, at all.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Redemption80 likes this.
  3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I do not understand the laws of physics therefore the Earth is flat.

- every flat earther ever

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Just watching that movie from OP (instead of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas LOL)

Overall decent production.

They're not really into proving things to us "fantasy gas ball, 93 million miles away" believers - it's more like a collection of quality rants made by some angry people. Even the narrator keeps throwing insults at the audience.
    These guys are PISSED :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Redemption80 likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm sure there are a lot of women out there that wish gravity didn't exist and their breasts stayed perky forever but alas, gravity is a thing that affects breasts.... :<

Fun little fact, a "black hole" is an object in space that is so heavy that it's gravity is so strong that everything in it's area of influence is pulled into it.. including light, hence it appearing as a black hole that bends light.

*edit*

Cool animated gif of the moon moving in front of the earth captured from the."DSCOVR" satelite "aka" the Deep Space Climate Observatory satellite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And bonus cool photograph from space.

[​IMG]

*edit*

Really cool video of how liquid acts in zero gravity....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Stood on the southern most point in south africa, could visibly see on the horizon that the earth is curved(along with the oceans mixing which is very cool).
    Flat earth is the most BS thing ive ever heard.

Redemption80 and Keitosha like this.
  7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    This just communicates there is a lack of knowledge about how light functions. When one turns on a light in a room, does it not illuminate the entire room while being located only a few feet off the floor. The only way one can have night on one side of the disc and day on the other is if the disc spins on an axis. The second the sun becomes visible, over the edge of the disc, the entire side is illuminated all at the same time. Even if the sun was to orbit the earth, still same effect, the second the sun clears the edge, it illuminates the entire side of the disc it is on. Even if the sun was only 40,000 feet off the surface of the earth, it would still illuminate the entire side of the disc it was on. It is not that difficult to comprehend. Oh, is the sun actually a flashlight? What kind of batteries does it need? How many D cells? AAA?

8. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    That is so cool Dude!...Thanks!

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Exactly,

Trying to explain to people that no matter how much mechnical tension you put in an elevated cable, it will always sag down towards earth because of this.

I do not often resort to naming calling / personal insults. But i like the saying, "the problem with educating idiots, is you have educated idiots". This saying springs to mind.

10. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB

NASA have even published documents stating we're on a flat earth -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are loads more. Just Google image "nasa documents flat earth"

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ all of those seem related to a mathematical model for "linear aircraft model", which use a "non-rotating, flat earth" as reference, simply meaning Earth's shape and rotation are not taken into account in the calculations.
    As they couldn't really be for a linear ie. planar calculation model.

The very colored text in the last one says:
    "it is assumed herein that the earth is represented as a flat, nonrotating reference frame (this assumption limits the analysis to short-range, short-duration flight)"

But I guess anything can be taken out of context and interpreted as anything.

Not having any idea about maths or physics ofc helps.

anticupidon likes this.
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Doesn't really matter for those who want to see only what they want to see or demonstrate. It just shows how advanced we are, how well we can understand some math or physics.
    This thread just peaked its futility and time wasting trait. Let them think whatever, and let's carry on. Sometimes ignoring something is better.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Do not need any understanding of math or physics. Just need to be able to comprehend what is written on the paper. Notice the highlighting stops when it classifies the assumption as limiting the model to short-range, short-duration flights. Do not defend or prove anything with documents that have not been read in its entirety next time.

EDIT: Here's something to wrap your mind around: If the earth was shrunk down to the size of a billiard ball, it would be smoother than a billiard ball.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    This is why some people should not read academic or research papers. Because extrapolation, assumption, falsehood is needed to demonstrate something. In order to demonstrate certainity, one should sometimes assume the uncertainity.
    The reductio ad absurdum method is used by students from the first grades of secondary school and, even from primary classes.
    And was used from old school math in Egypt and Greece.
    But whatever, academia is and will be a high ivory tower, not because of its superiority and overconfidence. No, it's because of inability to abstractisation, extrapolation and critical thinking ability of vast majority.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It's CGI, because I know better.
    /Giant Sarcasms

Keitosha likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    xD

This form of retardation "no offense intended to anyone who actually suffers of a type of mental disability"... I mean real retarded "aka" people who believe the planet earth is flat... It's the kind of stupid of if someone were to argue you can't control electricity.... while using a computer or a mobile phone connected to the internet to do so.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Keitosha and anticupidon like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I agree.

The point about math and physics referred to not understanding properly what a frame of reference means in this context, that could, I suppose lead one off to believing the papers are about something else than they are.

But I'll leave the thread by reminding people about humanity's greatest superpower again:

[​IMG]

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The flat earth theory i like for the fact it forces you to think out of the box, i appreciate conspiracy folks for this same out of the box thinking too.