Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sorry if I've missed this, but any information on FPS Boost for Doom and others based on that engine?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    4k/60.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nice, wonder if they will try for 4k/120 as i'm sure the Series X could manage it.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    4K/120 would be a massive strain on the whole system. The Series X has good cooling so it might be possible. I'm tempted to buy one just for Halo as it reminds me of the original.

Keitosha likes this.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If i can find one im probably getting one when i get a new TV. Features like backwards compatibility, FPS Boost and AutoHDR appeal to me.

Xbox All Access thing looks decent and as i already pay for GamePass it would only be costing me an additional £18 a month for the console.

Keitosha likes this.
  6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Once they start selling the consoles outside of the US, it might be possible to actually buy one at some point.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, i might start looking into ordering one now rather than waiting until i get a new TV.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Ebay has some listed for £550. Take you chances though. No warranty for starters.

Redemption80 likes this.
  9. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

Keitosha likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I will play this on Gamepass soon. :)

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Since a few days a proud owner of an XBsX. Love the power it contains in such a small box.

RE:8 just looks gorgeous.

Btw, this thread deserves to be stickied.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Blessed to finally have this system. It was tough but the Walmart app hasn't let me down. I hate to rehash what has been said a million times but this is indeed a nice purchase for gamers that can't or do not want to spend big bucks on a PC.

We just have to keep in mind the next groundbreaking graphics engine will probably be unveiled anytime now. Our current hardware's performance will be exposed and as always, we're looking for the next big tech to run it full throttle. LOL!

That's life. I'm rambling. The Series X is a nice piece of technology.

signex and Keitosha like this.
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Signed up for Xbox All Access night, stupid red wine lol.

Need to check/chase i'm getting it though, it did say 2 day delivery but then i thought about it and realised that is just 2 days from despatch. GAME don't have any stock so might not be soon but also wondering if All Access people get priority stock which i'm sure would annoy some people if true.

Edit: Arriving on Tuesday, must be prioritising All Access people. I'm mid house move as well so will be sitting unopened for at least a month.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    signex, Keitosha and serbicu like this.
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Where can I find a list of Series X enhanced games through FPS Boost feature?

I can't seem to find it through Google.

Edit: Nvm found it lol, for everybody else looking here is the list:

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

Edit2: Looks like they use Xbox one version of these games not One X Enhanced version.
    Bit of a letdown.. I'd rather keep the 4K res and better graphics over 900p/60-120fps.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Redemption80, Keitosha and drandiiski like this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Forza Horizion 5 .(watch in 4k)

Day one gamepass. :)

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Not a big fan of off-road racing. Another thing. I noticed that Halo Infinite's multiplayer will be free to play while the main game will be paid. Hmmm.

17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    ALL XSX versions are X1X. No title of XSX is the same as XSS/X1S. XSS is weak and 1/3 of XSX it was bound to happen. It was announced since release. Except raytracing and fps boost, picture quality will always be superior to X1X compared to XSS.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think his post was in reference to FPS Boost though, so disappointed that something like Titanfall 2 is either (dynamic) 2160/60 or 810/120.

19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It's the same core answer. XSS holds back XSX. Microsoft and publishers/developers are not willing to (and they won't) double optimize old titles. We knew this would happen by pushing two tier of consoles.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sounds plausible, though i would think MS would/should be using the OneS version for the SeriesX and the OneX for the SeriesX.

As you said if that means double the time on every title, then it's half as many games that get FPS Boost added.

Selfishly, i would rather Series S support was removed, as while having a choice between 810/120 and 2160/60 is better than no choice, it's still a crap choice.