Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, May 17, 2021.

1. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    I will look into it

but I am using the supersample so it's like playing 1440p (right?)

cpu 3700x is barely used 18% to 22% usage, clock gpu either as many times fps hit the maximum refresh rate of the monitor (now set to 120hz)

amd website

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  2. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Do you guys think we'll get at least one driver this month before the arrival of FSR?

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    IMO no. It should be an all hands on deck for this driver release supporting FSR.

Jackalito and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, it looks like we gonna stay with this half broken driver until 22nd.

Jackalito and chispy like this.

5. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver is buggy for me and broken :( , lots of crashing to desktop and system tray keeps dissapearing and suddenly it appears again with up to 7 copies on my system tray wth :eek: ! Also overclocking and performance is much lower on this driver as i lost over 100mhz on the core on the 6900xt and benchmarks scores way less than with older driver 21.3.2. I submitted a bug report to amd. Hoping all this loss of performance and more bugs get fix soon with a new driver.

7. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    The silent crash in amd radeon softwaware that don't fixed from 21.4.1 until now is sad. Because it crash in all systems with AMD gpus.
    To make someone to trust you, you fix the easy things first, but that is personal opinion.

Also with 21.4.1 i have very rare timeouts when i browse with firefox with 21.5.2 they are more.
    Polaris gpu seems to affected only.

P.O.N., HD64G, Jackalito and 2 others like this.
  8. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    ^ this -- the driver CP crashes should be high on the list by at least two metrics.

As a developer I'm fond of a "three queue" priority-system. In such a system you sort issues based on difficulty {try to maximize the number of issues resolved}, order of reception {try to minimize the maximum-wait-time}, and finally number of reports {perceived user priority, aka -- work on what the community sees as big ones more-often}. Then, with three queues, you assign developers to the items at the top of each queue, and work on those issues in tandem, rather than trying to designate them together in a single queue or re-order some collective queue. {e.g, when you start moving around items in the queue -- then low priority items keep getting bumped back and NEVER solved}

-- Of course, I have no idea how AMD internally handles bug reporting, and there's plenty of ways this can be done... Yet I see seemingly simple to track down bugs take way too long to get addressed, and assume they need some work on how they do their task assignment.

Side note: There are plenty of silent crashes on Navi too. The CP crash to desktop is a very widespread problem.

-- Noticed that switching displays on my KVM, for instance, will trigger the driver CP to crash pretty regularly on these newer releases. After a day of use, I'll see something like 20-30 recorded CP halts in the Windows Reliability Metrics.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    P.O.N., HD64G, Jackalito and 2 others like this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hoping for some nice notes on the 21.6.1 driver but yeah some of the ongoing and unlisted issues like this one and backwards compatibility with non-RDNA2 hardware could be better.
    EDIT: And could have been handled better, at least put it in the known issues for how prevalent some of these issues are. Something at least and a nice indicator AMD's well aware of the issue.

EDIT: But other than support for Godfall and AMD GPU Open FidelityFX Super Resolution it could be anything or it could be little else though some general bug fixes would be nice.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Which driver version do RX6000 owners find the best so far, overall?

Or users in general?

Asking as just recently got mine so have only used new drivers but reading quite a few saying older drivers from April or March might be better?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Wrong question. Did you ever wonder which windows version is better? The user must always use the latest update.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think your brain needs an update.

13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    His version is EOL thank the heavens

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    lols! Hope there isn't an extended service agreement...

@itpro sorry but you are kind of annoying you know.

Anyhoo @Passus which driver do you prefer?

Passus likes this.
  15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Normal user if sees a performance regression awaits the next update.

Here is a tech website, you ruin its image and surely you aren't gurus of knowledge.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    For the moment I am using 21.4.1

passenger likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Guys remember this is an Optional driver -> if not working, revert to last good :D :cool: DONE

Kuss and Passus like this.
  18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    unfortunately on my 6700xt the only remotely acceptable driver so far is the first WHQL to support it, 21.3.1. on 21.3.2 i experience video decoder and hardware acceleration issues...and on 21.4.1 WHQL, as well as 21.5.1/2, certain games BSOD, my screensaver hard locks my rig (no, im not joking, i have to cut the power), and the driver cpl exe crashes constantly.

on 21.3.x my gpu utilization is low, clocks wont ramp. on 21.4.x or 5.x performance is a lot better but its wildly unstable...its hobsons choice really

we arent normal users. we are power users, and if we see regression we roll back to the optimal version for our specific hardware configuration.

the latest version is not always the one that should be used. read more, post less.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    AsiJu likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What was the last good driver for you?

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Still on 21.4.1 WHQL -> working fine so no hurry to change ;)