GeForce 466.77 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Noice. Upgrading.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not exactly, mpo's are only recently turned on and issues with it are being discovered across the board.

Some of them specifically being client issues when the overlay tries to set an unsupported surface format every other second.

466.63 does not contain 9.20, you installed it from another source.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  3. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    9.20 is only provided via a Dell quadro package early last year, or in the zip package posted to the forums previously.

it has never been bundled with a driver package published directly by nvidia.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/physx-9-20-0221.432890/

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's not fixed and it does affect more than just DX 12 and games.
    Try YouTube with an up tp date Chrome and new Edge browser with and without.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Which Windows 10 version are you using? Did you try both the Standard and DCH

7. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Hi i have a HP Omen Laptop with a rtx 2070 and have never installed 3rd party drivers i have always used the Geforce Experience to update as it tells me there are new drivers to download so i assure you these have been added through Nvidia and these new drivers are asking me to download and as i have said they show the PhysX as older than i have i can later upload a screen shot of the Geforce showing the install old verses new if you do not believe me

8. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    NVIDIA should stop making graphic cards, it is not your thing. Stick to 3D acceleration chips a long with Intel graphic cards.

You have scammed a lot for a while now, you can still get away with it if you stop now.

9. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    You got lost on your way to the YouTube comments section.

10. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    @cricket bones I am not kidding, NVIDIA doesn't know a thing about how monitors/HDMI. But they make very strong 3d accelerators chips.

Every time I update my NVIDIA driver I get a new bug, I reached a point that I don't even want to report it anymore. Last bug was my laptop fails to wake up when I turn on my TV simultaneously when waking my laptop, it is a new bug costs me losing lots of valuable data, strange it was fixed with driver.

I really hope NVIDIA will stop scamming people, they cost us a lot with their unprofessional team, the fact they released 4 drivers in a week says it all.

Not to mention my laptop using to restart when HAGS and SLI are enabled, which costs me a lot, it was fixed a while now. but it tells me that NVIDIA doesn't know what it is doing.

11. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Excellent troll, thanks.
    I needed a laugh this morning.

endbase likes this.
  12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    What gave it away SLI enabled on a laptop? :p

Xman01 likes this.
  13. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Thanks for making my point, NVIDIA doesn't know what it is doing, it makes features that don't work. It is a scam!

It is just a matter of time until NVIDIA start making bugs for your GPU

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No they haven't

Sorry, but that's a fact.

and you can easily confirm the install date for physx via the legacy control panel > programs and features.

9.20.208 has never been mentioned in the release notes, nor are the files included corresponded to it in the driver packages

Are you sure a HP specific driver was not pushed to you at some point?

[​IMG]

AuerX likes this.
  15. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Never used the HP update Only use Geforce and windows updates do you recommend installing the new drivers and the older PhysX THX in advance

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not necessary

could have done it at some point within the last year and if you've been using GFE otherwise without using DDU ever, the installed physx would have never been removed from that random WU pushed HP package.

9.20.208 is the same file wise as 9.19.218, the only difference is that the setup and all files are SHA256 signed only (because of microsofts august 2020 sh1 policy)

mirh likes this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Think i'm just gonna start installing over the old ones, getting tired of having to redo my settings all the time.

18. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I think that with nVidia Inspector you can export and save your settings and then import them after installing the new driver

Cave Waverider likes this.
  19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You can, although some settings that the driver no longer exposes to Nvidia Inspector will likely still have to be set in Nvidia Control Panel, which can be annoying.

FranciscoCL likes this.
  20. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Still cant change resolutions on the 8K TV just disconnects the display. Cant run anything at less than 8k