Battlefield 6 would be called Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2021.

1. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    It looks great but is not a smooth engine needed for first person shooters.

I'm not sure how this franchise continues to have success after the last several releases. BFBC2 was the last title I liked.

All the "leaks" for this release are done on purpose to help create game hype?

DICE should get into the movie trailer business. This is what they do best.

It sure hasn't been a title grounded in their roots.

Let the hype pass, see what they actually release. How bad are the launch day bugs yada, yada, yada.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Sounds great. Near future was always interesting.

3. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    does it have working anti-cheat? no? thanks bye bye

Silva likes this.
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I see Frostbite still has trouble rendering stuff in the distance.
    I see DICE still has its head stuck in 1980's cold war mentality.
    I see EA have no idea how to market this game...they even used some crappy 80's music...

I see trouble ahead.

5. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    I don't care what the theme is... I want an open plan game with large maps that are not over populated. 2142 was a brilliant game because you could camp, you could attack the Titan bases but you could also wander the wild outer lands and be a sniper in the distance. More recent BF games are just run in and kill as many as you can while you get killed over and over.

6. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    Lets hope is has a good br and that is crossplay otherwise we re stuck with warzone, and lets hope for a decent anticheat but i doubt it

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I know BR is popular, but man do I hate it with a passion - it's like 90% inventory management and 1% shooting players who are 99% bullet sponges.

Ever-so-often I give it a go with any one of 50 bazillion BR games out there and they are have the same problem.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    The trailer looks sweet.

9. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    that was years ago I guess ? then you can forget it..since mid-life of BF4 the entire genre died only people wearing a blindfold continue playing, I'm not going to redo my entire "pvp is dead" rant but let me tell you bits of it :
    when I played in EVERY game of BF4 you saw a waterfall of people banned by the anti-cheat, easily 300+ in 15min constantly whatever hour or server you played
    then you have new that 300'000 accounts have been banned but still people that like the genre (I do to) continue to believe in "their game" because they are obvlious to it there are no cheaters..
    oh yeah and there's also I cheated for one week in competitve CS and never got caught or called out for it...there's also that :rolleyes: which made me physically sick I wanted to be called out but no...also I detected other cheaters in every game following me strafing left or right from literally the other side of the map behind 5 buildings didn't even occur to them that I was moving left or right for 30s to test if they followed my movements
    haven't played pvp fps since, same comment as Legacy-ZA it's around the BF4 era that cheating became out of control

99/100 cheaters were admins or friends of admins or servers that had unauthorized features that's the no1 reason they removed them fyi
    people who paid for them felt entitled to do whatever they wanted and if they didn't someone they tought a friend was
    in theory a good idea but horrible in real life, almost every one I called out turned out to be part of a clan that rented or had access to said server

Dice also as a strong history of blocking or nerfing every anti-cheater or abuser weapons, like anti-air, indirect fire explosives (which worked great against aimbots) adding night gameplay in the middle of BF4 aimbot boom etc...etc...etc...

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  10. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    No BR in this battlefield confirmed.

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Looks like the budget went all to promotion the game, you know what that means: the game is probably full of bugs and no working anti cheat.
    At this point why not just make it free and sell skins? CSGO does that and it works, people don't stop playing that crap.

12. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    You know that the marketing budget is normally the size of the budget for development, right?

Why would you call CSGO crap? Hugely successful, engaging, esports title that we all would've loved to play something that polished 20 years ago.

13. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I think it looks great, we will see how game play is. I have played every single game since 1942 and I will continue to do so dont care about the whiners. The will fix the bugs and will play the game for years, just like I have for the past 16+ years. If you all want to wait till BUGS are fixed go for it. Im gonna jump in as soon as I can!

14. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Go play Arma 3, that is a military simulator, if you want modern go play BF4....

15. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Well this is a modern setting, isn't it? I think some people need to check their calendars :D

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    The budget differs from game to game, I've seen games use double the marketing budget and then being disappointment.
    I miss the old days where you would actually spend money on developing a good game everyone NEEDED to buy (not want, based on videos and images).
    The old CS was good, although I never liked it I enjoyed playing some sessions with friends.
    Don't know why but never got to grips with the game, was always more of a BF/COD player.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, some people do - we are in 2021, not 2042...

18. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    to be honest there arent so many br game out there that are fun to play, i like military br, so for me it was pubg then warzone, warzone pace is nice, pubg was more simulation, but both are military background. they re very different game. there is basicly no inventory management in warzone and the time to kill is pretty fast to be honest and if you play br right its not 1 % shooting, so was pubg, people who says br are 1 % shooting they re just to scared to die, play to kill not to win and you ll get better at it. NO BR no buy for me thats for sure. it remains a personnal preferences, but i know that ill get bored by regular multiplayer after 100 hours of gametime.

to be honest i think they re missing the boat not doing a br, it is very popular, game is doa already, they had a shot at competing with cod, now they dont. plain and simple. i really enjoyed bf 1 and bf v gunplay its a shame they wont do a proper br

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    What’s the year pass? Is that how you get access to additional maps and only for a year?

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB

You must be kidding - warzone is 99% inventory management. Everytime you kill a player, you have to rummage through their dropped items to get vests etc, and they are bullet sponges in warzone...not too mention of course that assault rifles can be fired on 100% trigger full-auto with near perfect accuracy at 300 metres.

If they were not bullet sponges...then the bullets would not need to be magical.

If they were (also) not bullet sponges...the game would last less time and require better level design.

BR games are horrible to play because of this, so, the games become undermining in their own logic, because the only way to survive is to have intense inventory management to maximize the amount, quantity, and quality of the ability to absorb bullets.

Y'see?