LG 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED With HDMI G-Sync on RTX 2080

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by gerardfraser, Jan 5, 2020.

1. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Well that's news to me
    I'll be have to see , thanks
    you mean as in I can use this with my PC @4K/120Hz
    or for TV ?
    Thank you

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi bigcid1. This is an extremely late response. I didn't see your post. Gaming at 4k/120Hz is an HDMI 2.1 feature. The C8 is an awesome television with 2.0 ports. Streaming content from within the television you're fine. Gaming with 4k/120 hz presents difficulty I'm afraid.

LG just recently released the 4k/120 Dolby Vision update to the C1 and CX models. I have the 48 inch CX as my PC monitor but my larger sets are C9's lol. I hope LG will release this update for the C9 televisions. If 4k/120hz Dolby Vision gaming truly spanks 4k/120hz HDR in the future, I may consider a TV sale. LOL! It truly depends on how movies and games will have this implemented.

3. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    For those of us with engineering remotes, the 4K@120hz Dolby Vision update is here. The official firmware is rolling out if not now, extremely soon.:D

4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Update:After 2.8 years of making this thread the LG 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED With HDMI as my daily driver has hit 13216 hours and still no burn in ,which is just awesome.

With all the updates to the TV ,I am convinced it has a better picture today than when I bought the monitor.

My daily usage,I only play PC Games and use the internet and watch some hockey.

1.jpg

TheDigitalJedi, Valken and Maddness like this.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have cx 55 for almost two year now, gamed just a bit on it, only watching movies, it s too bad that i need a 3000 nv card to run 2.1 hdmi on it for 4.4.4 full color, i don t know the difference but people said it s much better than normal color

bobnewels likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Can you please tell me how to get the best out of my lg CX ? Thanks im using rtx 2060 as my card

7. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    To get the best gaming experience out of your CX you will need a card that is capable of HDMI 2.1. 4k 120 can be achieved with Ampere in some games. Definitely with Lovelace. Be sure to have some great HDMI 2.1 cables also. I'm using the Maya Zeskit HDMI 2.1 that's rated for 48gb.

With the RTX 2060 you can still achieve a good experience but you are limited. If you can, grab an Ampere card while the prices are dropping. 3080 or 3090 preferably. Enable Gsync in the NCP, HDR Picture Mode on Game, HDMI Ultra Deep Color Enabled, HGIG or Dynamic Tone Mapping depending on the game.

In the NCP in under change resolution select Use Nvidia Color Settings

32 bit
    RGB
    Full
    The CX is a 10 bit panel but select 12 bpc anyway. Why? Because we're Gurus and that's how we roll.

The next settings are hardcore because I'm hardcore with my PQ. You may want to tone yours down. On your OLED select

Oled Light 100
    Contrast 100
    Brightness 50
    Sharpness 10
    Color 55-60
    Tint 0

Color Temp
    Warm 2......sometimes Warm 1 depending on the content
    White Balance 22 points
    Code Value 1023
    Black Level = Low

Make sure you're at least 6' away from your TV with these settings.

When you tap the middle wheel on your remote make sure you see BT.2020.

If you have a Dolby Atmos sound system, save yourself a headache and put your sound options on Passthrough.

I sold my CX for the C1. I'm about to sell the C1 since the C2 has dropped in price tremendously. I also have the S95B which is amazing.

bobnewels likes this.
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    thanks a lot for the info appreciate it. so now i need to grab a 3000 series card, ok, and what s the difference btw the cx and the c2? is it a noticeable difference?

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  9. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Yes for sure. Brighter, more options for gamers, in depth picture, better colors. The only reason I'm selling my C1 is because the price difference for the C2 will be less than 200 bucks.

Yeah man grab a 3000 series if you can. 12gb 3080 or 3090 Bro that are a fantastic price. Fantastic meaning 600 to 700 for a 12gb 3080. I've seen a 3090ti for under $950.00 at Microcenter but it's always sold out. If you're lucky you may find a 4000 series or 7000 series card when they're in stock.

This stuff is expensive man. lol!

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i just went to google searching for lg c2 55 inch, and wow, the price i found is amazing, it can be bought online for just 1090$, man that s even cheaper than when i bought lg cx late 2020, it s a steal tbh

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    just went to check a 3060ti at a shop, used 6 months for mining, only to find out that temps are so high and rises directly to 80c and then 84c in furmark at 1440p and 1080p aswell, so i decided it s a headache to buy a used gpu right now

12. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Update:After 3.1 years of making this thread the LG 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED With HDMI as my daily driver has hit 15337 hours and first sign of burn in ,I will perform a Pixel refresh manual tonight and see if it fixes the burn in.

Update#2: Pixel Refresh and running screen burn in fix test for 9 hours on full brightness did not do anything.Burn in is permanent,Well got a good 3 years as a daily driver on the model.Time to up my game with newer model.

Have not checked since Aug 2022 at 13216Hrs.
    Now at 15337Hrs_HDR Burn in Magenta And Red,Yellow.
    Hard to see in real life and does not effect screen colors or skin tones yet but I finally noticed burn in,not sure which PC game have these 4 distinct rectangle shapes on that are of screen or what TV Show.

HDR Burnin Magenta And Red.jpg

Put a box around affected area,will update after pixel refresh
    15337Hrs_HDR Burnin Magenta And Red.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Valken likes this.
  13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @bobnewels I cannot see the box from the top photo but thanks for that. I will keep an eye on my OLED.

Do you see the outlines with a full white screen?

bobnewels likes this.
  14. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Update#2: Pixel Refresh and running screen burn in fix test for 9 hours on full brightness did not do anything.Burn in is permanent,Well got a good 3 years as a daily driver on the model.Time to up my game with newer model.

HDR-10 calibration and test patterns set
    HDR10 test patterns set | AVS Forum

The screenshot is the same shot.I rotated the bottom one so I could use a rectangle box to outline the burn in retention .I can only see the burn in retention on Magenta, Red,Yellow colour.
    Here are the colours I checked when checked out my screen for HDR stuff

colours 100nit
    white-C508
    red-C508
    green-C508
    blue-C508
    cyan-C508
    magenta-C508
    yellow-C508

colours 400nit
    red-C636
    green-C636

colours 1000nit
    white-C724
    red-C724
    green-C724
    blue-C724
    cyan-C724
    magenta-C724
    yellow-C724

colours 4000nit
    white-C856
    red-C856
    green-C856
    blue-C856
    cyan-C856
    magenta-C856
    yellow-C856

colours 10000nit
    white-C940
    red-C940
    green-C940
    blue-C940
    cyan-C940
    magenta-C940
    yellow-C940

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  15. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Found the source of what caused the Burn In Retention.It is a sports show I watch for 3 Hours a day Monday through Friday. Never dawned on me until today why the Burn In Retention was in a weird spot or such little bit of time the logo's are on the screen that it would happen with this show.
    Good news the burn in retention does not affect viewing or games

Untitled.jpg

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your contrast is set wrong.

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I set the photo full screen (was looking at it in a post card size window) and can see the greyish boxes.

I also had auto dimming ON for desktop work so that was probably an effect.

18. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well sad day for me,I am going to retire my PC Gaming monitor today bought a QLED.

QN85B 85" Neo QLED (QN85QN85BAFXZC) and it is good enough for PC Gaming.This is all that I need some LFC on Nvidia GPU with TV.

G-SYNC Compatible
    Yes
    4k VRR Maximum
    120 Hz
    4k VRR Minimum
    20 Hz

19. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Awesome news today. i contacted LG Canada about my Burn in Retention.
    Well the customer service went above and beyond my expectations on out of warranty product they agreed on free screen replacement and labour at no cost to me and going to take 2 day-3 days to set up appointment for the technician.

Truly awesome service and the QN85B 85" Neo QLED (QN85QN85BAFXZC) better be perfect or I am going back to the brand new LG OLED 65"

The1 and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  20. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    So last update: My new panel arrived and was replaced and everything is perfect again,awesome PC Monitor/TV.

I had a choice on keeping the old panel and making another PC Monitor with buying the parts but I could not be bothered at all,as I have way to many 4K TV's already.

I ended up giving the new LG 65" OLED TV to my bother instead of having it as a second PC Monitor,he likes the TV but can not tell the difference from his $400 USD JVC 65" 4K HDR TV from the LG 65" OLED.

LG customer service was just phenomenal with free replacement panel for a TV that was out of warranty for a couple years.