AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT LC with LCD water cooler appear online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. DG21

DG21 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti WF Extreme
    Looks veery tasty, especially with having only a 120mm radiator - but again too expensive... :-(

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Even a Fury X had more thicker radiator idk how this is gonna keep such a beast in check.

AuerX likes this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yesterday i saw a watercooled 6900Xt from other brand being sold at 2.000€...

5. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I seriously doubt this is real. How many watts again is that thing?

6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
  7. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    The TDP was
    FuryX 275W
    Vega 64 LC 345W
    R9 295X2 500W
    6900XT 300W

Had both FuryX and 295X2 and the single 120mm AIO AMD uses was enough for both.

8. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Hot and loud then.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Xtx ver could have higher tdp. We dont know.

10. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    Like the reference 6900XT they made this XTXH one also only with 2xPCIe power connector so limited to 375W. ;)
    It would be interesting to see how high this one clocks compared to other custom XTXH models with beefier power circuitry.

As I own 6900XTU Liquid Devil Ultimate, I know that XTXH cards like more power and good cooling to OC higher.
    So not sure how high these can clock with only small radiator to cool it and with 375W power limit.
    Mine has 3xPCIe power (525W limit).

My XTXH is set at 415W Core Power and 400A TDC by using MPT and runs 2750MHz@1175mV stable. With lower power target, this frequency was not stable in 3DMARK.
    In games like Cyberpunk though Core power draw is in range of 330-350W at this OC.

Defult performance bios setting on Liquid Devil Ultimate is 332W Core Power and 320A TDC. If one uses the 15% slider in Radeon Software then this jumps to 381.8W and 368A TDC.

My card has EK block factory fitted but hotspot temperature were still hitting 92°C on this OC even with my custom loop with 3 rads that I have for cooling it together with 5900X.
    I changed from standard paste to Liquid Metal and now hotspot temperatures remain below 78°C in burn in tests.
    The VRM temperatures at 415W Core stress test remains in range of 55°C. The cold plate on EK block covers these as well.

The 18 Gbps is really interesting. If that is true, then this will mean memory running at 2250MHz. :rolleyes:
    That is the max value that can be set under Radeon software for the XTXH cards.
    Usually on many 6800XT/6900XT cards the Time Spy score actual gets worst if memory is clocked higher than 2120MHz which is the same case on my XTXH card. So setting it to 2250MHz does not make sense on my card as performance is degraded.

It would be interesting to look into the Bios what setting AMD is using for this reference card to run memory that high without actually loosing performance.
    Hopefully somebody who buys this card uploads his Bios using GPU-Z to TPU database.
    Of course flashing of bios from one RDNA2 model to other does not work and bricks the card but one can maybe do similar settings using MPT. :rolleyes:

11. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Neither of them was hot and loud. And had 2 out of 3. And the Vega LC was proven to be the best of them all.
    Just put it in place to blow the air into the case not using the warm air from the case to push it out.

12. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    RX Fury reminds of those old days. :D
    I owned RX Fury as well but to be honest I was never really happy about the single radiator cooling.
    The Fan was not very silent and pump made some weird noises on mine.

I am not sure if pushing hot air into the computer case like you configuted it is very good. You heat up the inside of computer making other components run hotter but on the other hand many GPUs does that. :confused:
    Especially on Fury I still remember that the single radiator output air was relatively hot.
    The nice thing about Fury was that the card itself was really compact except that those pipes coming from back were not very flexible.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021