GeForce 466.63 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 3, 2021.

1. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I mean unless you scored a 3080 to there's no reason to upgrade drivers just yet.

Doom Eternal RTX drivers still need to come out and that will be the bigger release I would assume. 47X?

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So using something like the registry below should help? (just as example, this was for an old issue)

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm]
    "OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005
    Although I think using a previous driver should be the better option since from my understanding the MPO's also help upon performance.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This driver is making my gpu fans maxed and making noise like a fighter jet in games wtf :mad::(

4. mordan

mordan Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080SC ACX3
    The 466.63 caused some games to CTD without error for me even though performance was pretty good, sometimes I even noticed a slight uplift in average FPS compared to my previous 466.11 driver. I uninstalled using DDU to make sure nothing went wrong, and reinstalled 466.63, but again CTDs without errors occurred constantly for the games I play lately which include but are not limited to: Monster Hunter World: Iceborn, Path of Exile, Frostpunk.

Going back to 466.11 stops the CTDs altogether.

PS: This is on a GTX1080

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The jury is out on that :D

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres no way to linearly lock a card to a specific voltage, it can always boost another step beyond what you expect if the criteria is met.

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yesterday I've finished a fresh install of Win10 Pro 21H1 64bit on younger son's gaming PC (prior to that he was using Win8.1 Pro 64bit). It's a heavily OC'ed (but despite OC on the hardware side it's 100% stable thanks to insane cooling and airflow) gaming PC (CPU, 1070, RAM... even monitor is OC'ed lol) and these 466.47 you've suggested are working perfectly fine. Son tried 466.47 in number of games he plays yesterday and he's perfectly happy. Finally pushed him towards Win10, he was perfectly happy witn Win8.1 but I've just wanted him to try something new and so far he's not complaining a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion, as it looks by the comments here we would be just wasting aour time and pulling hair with these 466.63 :) Newest doesn't meant it's the best.

Btw swithed HAGS to ON and min.FPS went up quite a bit, nice.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Interesting, never thought it would affect the minimum, didn't notice either since I pretty much play with locked and steady 60 fps.
    On my end using HAGS seems to be better than using Nvidia's Low Latency Mode, relation between mouse and what happens on the screen is way smoother.
    Didn't run into any issues that negatively affect gaming with HAGS enabled, even Game Mode doesn't kill anything on my end.
    Some seem to get complete opposite results though, besides running into other issues.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Try to step down the Power Limit with 5% instead, from 100% to 95%, and see if that helps.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  10. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Higher min.FPS is clearly visible while benching with Unigine Heaven and Valley, almost doubled. But in Superposition 1.1 all results (total score, min.FPS, max.FPS...) using HAGS ON or OFF are pretty much the same, below 0.5% difference. Son told me overally looking he noticed smoother gameplay with HAGS ON with 466.47 drivers in fast fps games he's playing (Valorant and few others...), also average fps is pretty much on par with Win8.1, that's what he said, so he decided to keep HAGS ON for now.

Didnt't had time to check the real numbers, mainly 1% lows and 0.1% lows, in games via MSI AB/RTSS because it was too late for me.

So far these 466.47 are keepers on his gaming PC, we'll se later this week how they'll perform on other gaming PCs in the house, all of them with Pascal based GPUs.

chispy likes this.

11. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    tty8k likes this.
  12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Actually @Astyanax mentioned it before. a few pages back.

13. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    That curve varies with temperature. You get 1935Mhz in the range of 50-59°C (or 51-60, don't remember), but if, for whatever reason, the GPU temp is in the range of 40-49°C, you get 1950Mhz with the same voltage.

14. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Well, I can confirm that I'm not having any of these issues but that said, many of my mates aren't so fortunate, sadly as I've had witnessed myself via Zoom and in-person.

It seems like a new driver will be on the horizon in a little while to aid many users concerns very soon.

15. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've rarely seen issues so plentiful after a new driver set release, one would ask why they haven't pulled it already.

Also don't expect a new driver to fix what's broken now, they probably haven't even isolated the issue yet.

I'm just going to keep rolling with 466.27 which have been stable and without issues for me.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No there isn't, and the developer of Afterburner would back me up if i was willing to bother him with an @.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And yet, it can happen.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ok
    but

[​IMG]

19. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    Not noticed any issues with drivers recently but not paid attention to latency either. I only game sometimes after work.
    What does the MPO reg fix do and is it helpful for work related applications like rendering and so on? :)

20. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    @tty8k
    Not noticed anything flicker or had any crashes while rendering or issues with other applications
    but will try and see if I notice any difference on some games. Thank you for reply :)

tty8k likes this.